Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sleeping Beauties television series

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

No big surprise, we'll see if they do anything with it.

Other news from the article though,

"Owen King and his brother and fellow writer Joe Hill are developing their original feature script Fade Away as a television series for Miramax and Miguel Sapochnik. Owen King is also co-writing with Mark Poirier Alien Invasion for Constantin Film based on their graphic novel."
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen and Owen originally thought of doing SB as a series, weren't they?

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Does every damn King book have to have an adaptation? Hahahaha. Anyway the concept of the book sounds very chilling. Can't wait for release.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

AMC Makes Pilot Script Deal For Owen & Stephen King Novel ‘Sleeping Beauties;’ Owen King To Write It

AMC has made a pilot script commitment on the Owen King & Stephen King’s bestselling novel Sleeping Beauties. The goal is to create an open ended TV series and Owen King has been set to write the pilot script. Sugar23’s Michael Sugar and Ashley Zalta will be exec producers.

“Owen and Stephen King found the perfect canvas to tell a haunting and gripping story that sparks a relevant conversation about gender equality and individuality,” said Ashley Zalta, Sugar 23’s Head of Production and EP. “We couldn’t be more excited about this collaboration with the Kings and with AMC, who have so often boldly redefined genres.”

Said Stephen King: “I’m tremendously excited to see Sleeping Beauties brought to life in a format that will allow the story to be told as it was meant to be told, in all its mystery and drama. “

Said Owen King: “We’re so happy to be working with Michael, Ashley, and AMC on Sleeping Beauties. We can’t imagine a better match.”

Sugar and Zalta made a deal with the King clan last year when they were with Anonymous Content, which will also be producing.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My spidey senses tell me this could be a "Mist" like disaster. The book was pretty awful. I seem to recall Owen saying the premise began as a pitch for a TV series. So things have come full circle - for good or ill.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

The book was good and in good hands this could turn into a pretty good show..but yeah, no more Under the Dome or Mist TV mess

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    The book was good and in good hands this could turn into a pretty good show..but yeah, no more Under the Dome or Mist TV mess
    I was just thinking this has UTD written all over it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The book was fair...at best. It would be hard to make a series that was worse, but one never knows.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It was announced before Stephen King and Owen King‘s Sleeping Beauties was released that a television series was being eyed, and we learned last year that AMC had given the series a pilot script commitment. The latest on the project, as revealed by AMC during the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour tonight, is that the series is moving along.

“Sleeping Beauties” is on AMC’s development slate. Executive producers include both Stephen King and Owen King, along with Michael Sugar and Ashley Zalta for Sugar23.

>>> Source

+ Reply to Thread