2017 Haven Foundation Fundraiser
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommended King audiobooks?

The Hound CyberGhostface will become famous soon enough CyberGhostface will become famous soon enough CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Recommended King audiobooks?

Have some free Audible credit. One of the books I'm planning on getting is IT, was curious if there are any other recommended King audios in terms of performance from the reader. I'm not doing the DT series fwiw.

If anyone's listened to Weber's IT, that's probably the standard I'm looking for. Not crazy about readers who go too far in their dialogue and making silly voices but also not for ones who just read the whole thing in monotone.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Maerlyn's Imp ladysai is a glorious beacon of light ladysai is a glorious beacon of light ladysai is a glorious beacon of light ladysai is a glorious beacon of light ladysai is a glorious beacon of light ladysai is a glorious beacon of light ladysai's Avatar

Frank Muller was an excellent audio performer and he did the first 4 DT books, The Green Mile, Different Seasons, and Black House. (Perhaps others as well..)
    I highly recommend all his work.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    -Jimi Hendrix

The Hound CyberGhostface will become famous soon enough CyberGhostface will become famous soon enough CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, ended up picking Black House.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

The Gunslinger fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Has anyone ever done the audibook for Desperation? It's my favorite non-DT SK book and I've always wondered how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, SK read it himself.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/De...ook/B01AVG9FQM

There's also an abridged version by Kathy Bates but IDK if that's out of print.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent is a splendid one to behold Bev Vincent is a splendid one to behold Bev Vincent is a splendid one to behold Bev Vincent is a splendid one to behold Bev Vincent is a splendid one to behold Bev Vincent is a splendid one to behold Bev Vincent is a splendid one to behold Bev Vincent is a splendid one to behold Bev Vincent's Avatar

Bag of Bones is terrific in audio -- read by King and in first person, so it really makes the story seem intimate.

Demon of the Prim Ben Mears has a spectacular aura about Ben Mears has a spectacular aura about Ben Mears has a spectacular aura about Ben Mears's Avatar

Ron McLarty does a nice job with 'Salem's Lot. I will be checking out James Franco reading The Dead Zone when it becomes available in late April.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

It would be easier to list the not-so great King narrators then the good ones since they usually pick such great ones.

Holter Grahmn, McClarty, Mueller and Lindsay Crouse are amazing.

Some famous folks were good too. Frances Sterhagen, William Hurt, Bronson Pinchot.

Some weren't: Anne Hache, Willem Dafoe, I thought Sissy Spacek was recorded too low.

Steve and Mare Winningham are my favorites though.

Country
    Country Flag

There's a 50% off sale at Audible for those interested.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I'm not seeing it. I am trying to GoT cheap for my old lady but prices look the same.

Gunslinger Apprentice TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack has a spectacular aura about TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Bag of Bones is terrific in audio -- read by King and in first person, so it really makes the story seem intimate.
    I second this. Not only a great story but King does narrate it really well. I also really recommend King's On Writing. Also self narrated, talk about intimate since it's him sharing his past. Lots of fun too!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    Green Mile S/L
    Dolan's Cadillac S/L
    Mister Slaughter S/L
    Boy's Life Lettered

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I'm not seeing it. I am trying to GoT cheap for my old lady but prices look the same.
    You have to be a member. Today's the last day though.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread