Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Formula 1

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Formula 1

So now that Formula 1 is back with a new season and with cars that live up to what F1 is supposed to be I figured we needed a thread to talk about it.

So who else is an F1 fan?
    When did you start following F1?
    What is your favorite Team?
    Who is your favorite Driver (current/all time)?
    “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
    — Roland Deschain

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’ll Start.
    I started following F1 before we had TV coverage by reading the reports in Autoweek Magazine back in the mid-80’s
    I have been a Ferrari fan from day one, but I also like Williams and Hass
    For the current drivers I am a big Felipe Massa fan. All time I will say Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been watching since way back in the 70's when the Monaco GP and a few other races were on ABC wide world of Sports. I loved the Tyrrell 6-wheeler!!!! When Mario Andretti won his championship they showed about 1/2 of the races and I have been hooked ever since.
    Favorite Driver all time is Michael Schumacher.
    Currently my favorite team is anyone but Mercedes. I do like Vettel so I was glad to see him win a race again. Maybe Ferrari will be a force this year.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a huge F1 fan and have been since the 70's (James Hunt, Emerson Fittipaldi, Nikki Lauda, etc).

Lewis Hamilton is my top driver, a real diehard racer, never wanting to settle for 2nd place. I'm glad that Ferrari have pulled themselves up this season, I look forward to some great battles between Vettel and Hamilton.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    I have been watching since way back in the 70's when the Monaco GP and a few other races were on ABC wide world of Sports. I loved the Tyrrell 6-wheeler!!!! When Mario Andretti won his championship they showed about 1/2 of the races and I have been hooked ever since.
    Favorite Driver all time is Michael Schumacher.
    Currently my favorite team is anyone but Mercedes. I do like Vettel so I was glad to see him win a race again. Maybe Ferrari will be a force this year.
    I was at the Silverstone Classic the year before last and that Tyrell 6 wheel was there. I was able to get right up close to it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Was a huge F1 fan for a long time, my top drivers.... Nigel Mansell Emerson Fittipaldi, and of cause..
    Michael Schumacher.
    Lets see what happens in this season.....

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I try to watch when its on. Always a Ferrari fan too, Schumacher and Barrichello. The cheesy video game I had as a kid had Senna and Proust whoopin everyone.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I love !1 racing..I am old...I like
    Niki Lauda

But...Hamlton is a force in himself...then there is this ...shoemaker guy...a real cobbler!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Here is a link to a cool video showing the increase in G-Force this year from last year

F1 2017 v 2016: G-Force Comparison

They hit a peak G-Force of 6.5 vs. 5.4 last year!
    — Roland Deschain

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I's good that they (g-forces) don't seem sustained.

No repeat of Texas several years ago. Let's hope that F1 has learned from CART.

Mysterious illness strikes CART drivers at Texas Motor Speedway
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you believe that Alonso is going to skip the Monaco GP to race at Indy?? I can't believe McLaren is letting him do it. It may be the end of Alonso at Mclaren. They are so slow I can see him going to another team.

Country
    Country Flag

I haven’t watched Indy cars in years but I’ll watch the 500 this year. I think it’s good that he is doing it and I think his time with McLaren was already over. His reply to the team during the Bahrain race “Do whatever you want, man” was pretty clear that he is done with the team.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone else follow testing in Spain? I’m really excited to see racing again in F1.
    — Roland Deschain

+ Reply to Thread