2017 Haven Foundation Fundraiser
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread REDUX

Weedeater Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy's Avatar

My second second is for Mattrick's first nomination, the end of Paths of Glory

A Super Gal becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully I'm doing this right now:

#2 Second - The Shower Scene - Psycho
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM, Subterranean Press - can trade

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Hopefully I'm doing this right now:

#2 Second - The Shower Scene - Psycho
    I still have no idea. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19's Avatar

You're good Becca. All you have to do is wait 5 nomination/second posts and then you can either nominate a new scene or second one.
    “Only the gentle are ever really strong.” - James Dean

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You're good Becca. All you have to do is wait 5 nomination/second posts and then you can either nominate a new scene or second one.
    So scenes still need a 3rd?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Senior Haven Fundraiser T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So scenes still need a 3rd?
    Yes they do.

Also, all the previous movie scenes that were seconded from the last thread, were declared null and void. They will need to be seconded again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    With all the confusion in the previous thread, this is a list of null and void nominations and seconds from being out of turn. They were subtracted from your totals and this list is here so you can again second and nominate them again should you choose too...when it's you're turn, of course.

T-Dogz Second of USS Indianapolis from Jaws
    Webstar second of Freedom Speech from Braveheart
    Shai Sheb Second of Scars Story from The Dark Knight
    Webstar nomination of What's In The Box from Se7en
    Becca second of Se7en not actually nominated
    Frik second of Opening Barracks Scene from Full Metal Jacket (due to confusing, not enough posts in between)
    Sai Sheb nomination of Opera Scene from The Godfather Part III
    Becca second of Birthday Dinner from East of Eden
    Tommy second of Cropduster from North by Northwest
    T-Dogz second of "You Shall Not Pass!" from Lord of the Rings
    Frik second of The Battle of Hoth from Empire Strikes Back
    Frik second of The Shower Scene from Psycho
    T-Dogz second of Enter Hannibal Lector from Silence of the Lambs
    I also note that particpants can no longer watch the videos for the above scenes. They will therefore be most likely forgotten about....

Country
    Country Flag

Can I second your Braveheart seen now?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Senior Haven Fundraiser T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

You can, but you might want to nominate your "What's in the Box" movie scene from Seven first? You cannot do both without waiting for 5 other seconds / nominations in between.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    You can, but you might want to nominate your "What's in the Box" movie scene from Seven first? You cannot do both without waiting for 5 other seconds / nominations in between.
    k
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

k
    If you want to nominate your movie scene back into play, I will second it for you?

(When I can)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #3

Winkie's Diner - Mulholland Dr.
    Directed by: David Lynch

Spoiler:

Such a creepy scene.

Oh, I'm goin' slap happy! I'm goin' slap slap happy! Slappity slapping ya, teachin' ya a lesson for comin' in my house!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, all the previous movie scenes that were seconded from the last thread, were declared null and void. They will need to be seconded again.

I also note that particpants can no longer watch the videos for the above scenes. They will therefore be most likely forgotten about....
    Not all of the seconds. I think 8 were valid. Most of them were out of turn though, so of course they were rendered null and void.

They're easier to look up than videos which get buried in this thread.

Oh, I'm goin' slap happy! I'm goin' slap slap happy! Slappity slapping ya, teachin' ya a lesson for comin' in my house!

Rebel Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19 is a name known to all Heather19's Avatar

Could we possibly link the videos in the list of nominated scenes? Pablo is this what you did with the song tournament? If I have time later tonight or tomorrow I could try to start working on it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I did link each nomination to its original post for the music tournament.

Country
    Country Flag

I may get around to doing that. I don't know how to make text a link though.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You just need to select the text, click the button and paste in the link.

Gunslinger Apprentice amd013 has a spectacular aura about amd013 has a spectacular aura about amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

SECOND #2

Thirding Hobbling scene from Misery
    Wanted:

The Stand Lettered Edition
    Firestarter Signed Limited (any date)

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #5: The Odessa steps sequence from Battleship Potemkin (1925), directed by Sergei Eisenstein:

Let's get film-school up in here! One of the most famous scenes in cinema history.

Weedeater Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy's Avatar

The first scene I seconded was the Cropduster scene. It's not on the list of seconds. Did I do it wrong somehow?

Nomination #4

Scene: Birth of the Star Child
    Film: 2001:A Space Odyssey
    Director: Kubrick
    Year: 1968

Spoiler

A Super Gal becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

#3 Second - Opening Scene - Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM, Subterranean Press - can trade

Gunslinger Apprentice amd013 has a spectacular aura about amd013 has a spectacular aura about amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nomination #4

Spoiler

Ok, believe it or not I have never seen 2001. When I load the clip, the title is 2001 A Space Odyssey - ending

So, being an ending scene, is this going to be a spoiler? The nomination doesn't indicate if it includes spoilers or not.
    Wanted:

The Stand Lettered Edition
    Firestarter Signed Limited (any date)

Nomination #3

Strangers on a Train - Miriam's Last Breath
    Alfred Hitchcock

This video does contain a spoiler
    Spoiler:

This film is filled with so many great scenes. The tennis scene, the carousel. But this one is my favorite. I love the use of shadows and misdirection. And the POV shot with the action being shown through the reflection in the glasses at the end, is a shot that has stuck with me since I first saw it.

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #4

The Pub Scene - Inglourious Basterds (2009)
    Director: Quentin Tarantino
    Spoilers: Kind of

Because this scene is so long, it's only available on youtube in segments, and this is still missing some of it
    Spoiler:

Such a great scene from Tarantino's masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nomination #4

Spoiler

Ok, believe it or not I have never seen 2001. When I load the clip, the title is 2001 A Space Odyssey - ending

So, being an ending scene, is this going to be a spoiler? The nomination doesn't indicate if it includes spoilers or not.
    Yes and No. If you haven't seen the film, it will make little sense and for some that have seen the film it still makes little sense. What do others that have seen it feel? and sorry for not saying it was the ending scene.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast