2017 Haven Foundation Fundraiser
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread REDUX

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    At the rate we are going now, we might have all the nominations in by the end of the year...
    The goal was to slow down the process. It was too successful In honor of today's amazing Justice League trailer:

Nomination #11: Warehouse fight from Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), directed by Zack Snyder:

One of the best on-screen Batman sequences of all time.
    Your damm friggin right. The best Batman scene. Seconded!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Looking back at the list of seconds/thirds, there are a couple of films missing from the list:

1. Howard the Duck was both seconded and thirded by Merlin1958 and Needfulthings.

2. The Untouchables was seconded by Sentinel. Granted he made two seconds at the same time, but the first one should be counted at least.
    I can second The Untouchables. I stated both the second and third for Howard the Duck was out of turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick Post#119
    Both the second and the third for Howard the Duck were out of turn.

Oh, I'm goin' slap happy! I'm goin' slap slap happy! Slappity slapping ya, teachin' ya a lesson for comin' in my house!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick is a glorious beacon of light Mattrick's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #8

"Where are you?" "Here." - Batman Begins (2005)
    Directed by: Christopher Nolan

Spoiler:

Oh, I'm goin' slap happy! I'm goin' slap slap happy! Slappity slapping ya, teachin' ya a lesson for comin' in my house!

Millionth Post Club needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings has a brilliant future needfulthings's Avatar

Interesting tidbit of info in 1948 when ROPE was made the shot could only last as long as the amount of film in the camera...Thus requiring 2 projectors to project the film without brakes (Early 3D movies used both projectors at the same time thus they required an intermission in order to change film in both projectors.) in order for the projectionist to know when to make the reel change CUE MARKS were placed on the film (upper right hand corner) With films now being projected from a single platter these marks have now been removed and give ROPE an even more one scene feel.

Weedeater Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy is a splendid one to behold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Interesting tidbit of info in 1948 when ROPE was made the shot could only last as long as the amount of film in the camera...Thus requiring 2 projectors to project the film without brakes (Early 3D movies used both projectors at the same time thus they required an intermission in order to change film in both projectors.) in order for the projectionist to know when to make the reel change CUE MARKS were placed on the film (upper right hand corner) With films now being projected from a single platter these marks have now been removed and give ROPE an even more one scene feel.
    I know that cue marks or cigarette burns disappeared from films some time ago but I saw Ouija: Origin of Evil earlier this year and the director placed cue marks in the film just to make it seem older. Not sure how many noticed it but I thought it was pretty cool. That doesn't have much to do with what you said Bruce.

I really wish Hitchcock was still around and making movies. Just imagine what he could do with today's technology!

A question for participants, I want to nominate the opening scene from Scream, I just re-watched it, would you consider it a scene or a sequence?

Country
    Country Flag

De Palma is so obsessed with mimicking Hitchcock it's like having him still around.

Senior Haven Fundraiser T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    A question for participants, I want to nominate the opening scene from Scream, I just re-watched it, would you consider it a scene or a sequence?
    It doesn't matter. The 'Battle of Hoth' from The Empire Strikes Back and the 'Warehouse fight scene' from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, are both sequences, yet it has not stopped either one of them being successfully nominated and included in the list.

As there is no set rule stipulated about the use of sequences (only a previous discussion in the 'About a potential next tournament' thread), I think you should be fine to nominate whatever you like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11