Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Second #4
    "I'm Home" - Planet of the Apes.
    I believe that has already been thirded...I could be wrong. I'll update the lists after I make/eat dinner.
    It was, by me - see post #21.

sk
    Ok, this is getting frustrating, the master list has not been updated since about 9:30pm (Central) on the 15th, that is 2.5 days ago. I really don't feel like reviewing 100+ posts to see where each film stands, so I will not be posting any more Seconds unless the master list has been updated within the last 8 hours or so.

Regarding Rope, come on man, maybe by the letter of the law that is a scene but not by the spirit. I am not going to watch a 80minute move to see if it is worthy or not. Besides, not sure where to find a "clip" of the whole move, and I'm not going to do an illegal download or rent it.

My first couple of nominations were probably in the 7-8 minute range, and I honestly think that is too long. I have started to watch other peoples clips from movies I have never seen and without the context of the scene, I am bored to tears within 90 seconds. So I am trying to look for scenes in the 2-4 minute range. Honestly, can we set a hard 15 minute time limit on clips?
    I think except for Rope every previous nomination fits in the time frame.

I mean if you figure there will probably need to be 500 nominations to get 256 (or whatever our goal is) that will be thirded, I would say that at most 33% of the clips come either from movies I have seen, or are scenes that I am familiar with because they are so iconic. So that means to give them a fair shot I would have to watch over 300 scenes (assuming I dont watch the scenes I am already familiar with), and if they average over 7 minutes, that's a lot of time wasted on this tournament.

Just saying.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Second #4
    I believe that has already been thirded...I could be wrong. I'll update the lists after I make/eat dinner.

sk
    Ok, this is getting frustrating, the master list has not been updated since about 9:30pm (Central) on the 15th, that is 2.5 days ago. I really don't feel like reviewing 100+ posts to see where each film stands, so I will not be posting any more Seconds unless the master list has been updated within the last 8 hours or so.

Regarding Rope, come on man, maybe by the letter of the law that is a scene but not by the spirit. I am not going to watch a 80minute move to see if it is worthy or not. Besides, not sure where to find a "clip" of the whole move, and I'm not going to do an illegal download or rent it.

My first couple of nominations were probably in the 7-8 minute range, and I honestly think that is too long. I have started to watch other peoples clips from movies I have never seen and without the context of the scene, I am bored to tears within 90 seconds. So I am trying to look for scenes in the 2-4 minute range. Honestly, can we set a hard 15 minute time limit on clips?
    I think except for Rope every previous nomination fits in the time frame.

I mean if you figure there will probably need to be 500 nominations to get 256 (or whatever our goal is) that will be thirded, I would say that at most 33% of the clips come either from movies I have seen, or are scenes that I am familiar with because they are so iconic. So that means to give them a fair shot I would have to watch over 300 scenes (assuming I dont watch the scenes I am already familiar with), and if they average over 7 minutes, that's a lot of time wasted on this tournament.

Just saying.
    Rope 1948 (Full Movie)

Edit: I watched it again today and now it's been removed. Hope others got a chance to see it!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I like Rope, it's a good movie. That said, it's been quite awhile since I've seen it, and I know it's supposed to mimic one shot, however I don't think I'd consider it one scene. There's many different segments in it. But I'm open if others do consider it one scene.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok to help this move along, I am going to go ahead and nominate the eventual winner right now, we can probably quit now. (JK LOL)

I was hopping that sir_boome would come here and make a nomination , and that got me thinking about this clip.
    I have heard that when people rented the VHS of this movie, they find that this scene had tracking issues caused by so
    many people rewinding and watching it over and over again.

Unfortunately I couldn't find an unedited version (at least not without checking questionable sites). Trust me if you were
    a male teen in the early 80's you loved this scene. Without further ado, I give you our winning nomination:

Nomination #6?
    Movie : Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    Scene: "Doesn't anyone fucking knock anymore"
    Director: Amy Heckerling
    Year: 1982
    Spoilers: None, but even though it is edited, still probably NSFW

This clip "prematurely" ends, but doesn't cut the good stuff (although it blurs it).
    Spoiler:

This clip cuts the good stuff, but shows the full ending of the scene. The look on Phoebe Cates face is priceless.

Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I don't see what is so hard about this. Nominate/second, wait for five more nominations/seconds, and nominate/second again. It's not rocket surgery. If you can count to five there shouldn't be any confusion.
    Yeah, way to go Mattrick! You're going to make a lot of friends with that attitude.

If you want people to participate in this tournament, I suggest you take note of your own words....

I think I covered everything. If you have questions about a rule or the process ASK before you nominate/second.
    Merlin asked you a simple and polite question concerning the rules of this tournament. Your response was both rude and insanely arrogant!

Negative rep points issued.

Now grow up, stop behaving like a fucking jerk and take some responsibility for the mess that you created from the get go.
    Says the guy who has been resisting this from the very get go, have been vocally opposing every decision I've made, have deliberately attempted to sabotage it through trying to get nominations from the original thread retracted, and also literally made your own rules and tried to usurp the thing.
    Usurp the thing? LOL! You are not a king on this thread, that I would steal your crown.

But let's recap. Webstar1000 came up with the idea for this tournament, but you insisted categorically, that you would be running things. You then proceeded to create a thread for the tournament at 9:00am GMT on 13th March, outlining numerous rules which were both ambiguous and confusing, but stating that nominations would officially start eleven hours later at 8:00pm GMT. You then abandoned the thread entirely for over two days, and were not seen again on these boards until you created this second thread at 6:28pm GMT on 15th March, which was 57.5 hours later.

In that time, chaos ensued - as without guidance and clarification about the rules you had set, nobody really knew whether they were doing things right. A lot of people were getting frustrated and muddled with having to count through previous pages of comments to see if they could either nominate or vote, and were also confused about having to third, as there was no guidance or rule stipulated on when this could be done.

Some soundbites from that thread:

Originally posted by Still Servant
    Did I do the seconding process correct? Matt you might have to post an example of what a second is supposed to look like.
    Matt needs to visit and clean things up.
    Originally posted by Webstar1000
    Really? Man there is a lot of rules.
    Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47
    Where the fuck is Mattrick?
    Originally posted by becca69
    OK, so I'm confused again. Not really understanding how this is supposed to work? Can I nominate again?
    Originally posted by DoctorZaius
    I deleted my entry - so many rules!
    Originally posted by amd013
    This is getting rediculous!. I have thirded an entry (Dark Knight scene). I see no rules for when you can third a nomination. Unless you are lumping thirds with the rules for seconds, and that is very unclear to me. If thirds are lumped in with seconds, then limiting to just 20 is not enough, it should probably be more then double the limit on nominations, because you need two per nominations. Also, it is so F'ing anoying to go back and count how many nominations/2nds have occured since you last nomination/2nd. Then you have to take into account whether those were "legal" nominations or not. And then you would have to recursively check the posts whether the posts to determine if a post was legal was legal itself. What about 2nds of nominations that weren't legal.

Its getting to be a nightmare. Why don't we just do something simple like a wait period of 2 hours between nominations, and 2 hours between 2nds/3rds, with say a 5 per day max. Then you don't have to worry about what other people have posted before us.

From this point on, I will not 2nd or 3rd a nomination until it shows up in posts #2 and #3 of this thread. I'm also going to wait 8 hours or more between nominations.
    Originally posted by Sai Sheb
    So does my third count? I thirded the alien chest scene!!
    After more than 24 hours had passed without a word on your whereabouts, I sent a PM to another member here, requesting if they would take over running this tournament in your absence as they were the most qualified to do so. That person declined for reasons I totally understand and fully appreciate.

However on the third day, Mike's post made it abundantly clear that someone had to take control of the thread before it turned to ratshit, even if only on a temporary basis....

Honestly, I call for a stop to all nominations until we get some seconds and thirds here. We need to get some scenes officially in before we get buried under nominations. We have to take control of this thread. We've been abandoned. I can only hope all is well with Matt and his family.
    With no one else willing to take charge despite having three moderators here, I decided to step up to the plate and immediately implemented changes that would alleviate the congestion, frustration and confusion that people were experiencing.

But let's be clear on something, I had absolutely no desire to take over this thread. Firstly I work full time, and do not have either the time or resource necessary to do so. Secondly, I made it specifically clear in my post that I was merely acting as "Caretaker" until you returned.

Okay, I'm going to take control of this situation.

In order to save this tournament before it turns into an epic clusterfuck, I will act as "Caretaker" until Mattrick returns.

As an immediate remedy to the amount of confusion and frustration the nomination/seconding process is causing, I'm implementing the following rule changes with immediate effect:

1. The process of having to "third" movie scenes is scrapped. If a movie has been "seconded", then it's in!

2. The limit on the number of "seconds" participants can make is increased to 30.

3. The wait time between "seconding" a movie is now set at zero - there is no wait time. Only the limit of 30, so use them wisely.

4. The limit on the number of movie scenes participants can nominate, is now increased to 25.

This should alleviate a lot of the frustration. When I finish work later this evening (UK time), I will compile a list of movie scenes that have been nominated and those that have already been seconded, for ease of use.

I hope this helps!
    When Heather19 questioned these changes, other members reacted in support of them:

Originally posted by Heather19
    Well I'm not sure I agree with this, don't understand what's wrong at the moment.
    Originally posted by Iwritecode
    The rules seem to be overly complicated and the person that started this whole thing hasn't been back since this thread was created.
    The ones Tim made.. fixed it fine in my opinion so lets carry on!
    It's interesting that you accuse me of "usurping" the thread, when you had previously posted that you considered the nomination process to be a beta run, and that changes may need to be made to make it work:

This nominating process is basically a beta run, and until it starts we never really know how it will turn out. It might work perfectly, it might need to be tinkered with to work better. It might be a total clusterfuck. I don't know. We'll find out next week.
    Yet despite this, and despite the fact that my rule changes allowed the original thread to run smoothly, you decided to behave like a petulant child by declaring all the nominations and seconds that were made during this time void, and created the new thread without any apology for your absence or acknowledgement to take any responsibility.

You accuse me of deliberately sabotaging things by retracting my nominations, yet it was you that sabotaged things when you got Heather19 to lock the original thread, thereby burying the video links to everyone's nominations.

You decided to start over by creating this thread, so if I also want to start over by retracting my original nominations so they can be reposted here, then that is my prerogative to do so and one that was shared by another member here:

As this thread effectively started over, I am officially retracting ALL of my previous nominations and seconds, from the other thread.
    I entered five previous nominations as well and would like to do the same.
    Although you were requested by two different members to provide links to all the previous videos nominated, you continually failed to do so and had to rely on Heather19 to do it for you. Your response to those requests:

I may get around to doing that. I don't know how to make text a link though.
    Pablo then posted instructions on how to create a text link, and you ignored them.

But your continued dereliction of duty does not end there. This thread has been open now for over 2.5 days, and in that time not one of the master lists containing nominations, seconds or thirds have been updated. This has not gone unnoticed by other members...

Are you going to man up and take some responsibility, Mattrick? Or are you going to rely on Heather19 to do it for you again?

Your behaviour smacks of someone who craves the power of being in command, but none of the responsibility that goes with it. Sad.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeez. So much controversy over an online movie tournament.

Let's just continue with nominations and leave the 10 page drama for another day, yeah?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Those Fast Times at Ridgemount High clips are like jerking off to the Van Helsing female vampires.
    Spoiler:

When you know you want the money shot....
    Spoiler:

ASK HOWARD....
    Spoiler:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

But let's recap. Webstar1000 came up with the idea for this tournament, but you insisted categorically, that you would be running things.
    Not that it matters, but Fernando and I brought up the idea of a Best Movie Scene tournament before Webster.

I had absolutely no desire to take over this thread. I work full time, and do not have either the time or resource necessary to do so.
    If your full-time job is anything but lawyer, you've missed your calling. That post with the examples was pure gold.

Second #4

sk
    Actually, I seconded the scene from Planet of the Apes at post #19. Technically, yours would have been thirding it.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1050627

I also want to be clear, T-Dogz legitimately was trying to help when he tried settling things down. He wasn't trying to take over. Honestly though, we're all friends and we all love movies. Let's just try to stick to nominating scenes and getting them into this tournament.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I also want to be clear, T-Dogz legitimately was trying to help when he tried settling things down. He wasn't trying to take over. Honestly though, we're all friends and we all love movies. Let's just try to stick to nominating scenes and getting them into this tournament.
    Spoken like a true gentleman!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've updated all the lists. I'll add the hyperlinks in a few hours.

Second #1

Thirding the lobby shootout in The Matrix
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #2

Movie : The Usual Suspects
    Scene: "The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled"
    Director: Bryan Singer
    Year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYXXhn9fMYs

**The last 20 seconds of this clip, sorry couldn't find a shortened version**

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Nomination #2

Year:

**** MAJOR SPOILER ALERT ****

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Nomination #2

Year:

Still Servant - Second #4
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see what is so hard about this. Nominate/second, wait for five more nominations/seconds, and nominate/second again. It's not rocket surgery. If you can count to five there shouldn't be any confusion.
    Yeah, way to go Mattrick! You're going to make a lot of friends with that attitude.

If you want people to participate in this tournament, I suggest you take note of your own words....

I think I covered everything. If you have questions about a rule or the process ASK before you nominate/second.
    Merlin asked you a simple and polite question concerning the rules of this tournament. Your response was both rude and insanely arrogant!

Negative rep points issued.

Now grow up, stop behaving like a fucking jerk and take some responsibility for the mess that you created from the get go.
    Says the guy who has been resisting this from the very get go, have been vocally opposing every decision I've made, have deliberately attempted to sabotage it through trying to get nominations from the original thread retracted, and also literally made your own rules and tried to usurp the thing.
    Usurp the thing? LOL! You are not a King on this thread, that I would steal your crown.

But let's recap. Webstar1000 came up with the idea for this tournament, but you insisted categorically, that you would be running things. You then proceeded to create a thread for the tournament at 9:00am GMT on 13th March, outlining numerous rules which were both ambiguous and confusing, but stating that nominations would officially start eleven hours later at 8:00pm GMT. You then abandoned the thread entirely for over two days, and were not seen again on these boards until you created this second thread at 6:28pm GMT on 15th March, which was 57.5 hours later.

In that time, chaos ensued - as without guidance and clarification about the rules you had set, nobody really knew whether they were doing things right. A lot of people were getting frustrated and muddled with having to count through previous pages of comments to see if they could either nominate or vote, and were also confused about having to third, as there was no guidance or rule stipulated on when this could be done.

Some soundbites from that thread:

Did I do the seconding process correct? Matt you might have to post an example of what a second is supposed to look like.
    Matt needs to visit and clean things up.
    Really? Man there is a lot of rules.
    Where the fuck is Mattrick?
    Originally posted by becca69
    OK, so I'm confused again. Not really understanding how this is supposed to work? Can I nominate again?
    Originally posted by DoctorZaius
    I deleted my entry - so many rules!
    Originally posted by amd013
    This is getting rediculous!. I have thirded an entry (Dark Knight scene). I see no rules for when you can third a nomination. Unless you are lumping thirds with the rules for seconds, and that is very unclear to me. If thirds are lumped in with seconds, then limiting to just 20 is not enough, it should probably be more then double the limit on nominations, because you need two per nominations. Also, it is so F'ing anoying to go back and count how many nominations/2nds have occured since you last nomination/2nd. Then you have to take into account whether those were "legal" nominations or not. And then you would have to recursively check the posts whether the posts to determine if a post was legal was legal itself. What about 2nds of nominations that weren't legal.

Its getting to be a nightmare. Why don't we just do something simple like a wait period of 2 hours between nominations, and 2 hours between 2nds/3rds, with say a 5 per day max. Then you don't have to worry about what other people have posted before us.

From this point on, I will not 2nd or 3rd a nomination until it shows up in posts #2 and #3 of this thread. I'm also going to wait 8 hours or more between nominations.
    Originally posted by Sai Sheb
    So does my third count? I thirded the alien chest scene!!
    After more than 24 hours had passed without a word on your whereabouts, I sent a PM to another member here, requesting if they would take over running this tournament in your absence as they were the most qualified to do so. That person declined for reasons I totally understand and fully appreciate.

However on the third day, Mike's post made it abundantly clear that someone had to take control of the thread before it turned to ratshit, even if only on a temporary basis....

Honestly, I call for a stop to all nominations until we get some seconds and thirds here. We need to get some scenes officially in before we get buried under nominations. We have to take control of this thread. We've been abandoned. I can only hope all is well with Matt and his family.
    With no one else willing to take charge despite having three moderators here, I decided to step up to the plate and immediately implemented changes that would alleviate the congestion, frustration and confusion that people were experiencing.

But let's be clear on something, I had absolutely no desire to take over this thread. Firstly I work full time, and do not have either the time or resource necessary to do so. Secondly, I made it specifically clear in my post that I was merely acting as "Caretaker" until you returned.

Okay, I'm going to take control of this situation.

In order to save this tournament before it turns into an epic clusterfuck, I will act as "Caretaker" until Mattrick returns.

As an immediate remedy to the amount of confusion and frustration the nomination/seconding process is causing, I'm implementing the following rule changes with immediate effect:

1. The process of having to "third" movie scenes is scrapped. If a movie has been "seconded", then it's in!

2. The limit on the number of "seconds" participants can make is increased to 30.

3. The wait time between "seconding" a movie is now set at zero - there is no wait time. Only the limit of 30, so use them wisely.

4. The limit on the number of movie scenes participants can nominate, is now increased to 25.

This should alleviate a lot of the frustration. When I finish work later this evening (UK time), I will compile a list of movie scenes that have been nominated and those that have already been seconded, for ease of use.

I hope this helps!
    When Heather19 questioned these changes, other members reacted in support of them:

Originally posted by Heather19
    Well I'm not sure I agree with this, don't understand what's wrong at the moment.
    Originally posted by Iwritecode
    The rules seem to be overly complicated and the person that started this whole thing hasn't been back since this thread was created.
    The ones Tim made.. fixed it fine in my opinion so lets carry on!
    It's interesting that you accuse me of "usurping" the thread, when you had previously posted that you considered the nomination process to be a beta run, and that changes may need to be made to make it work:

This nominating process is basically a beta run, and until it starts we never really know how it will turn out. It might work perfectly, it might need to be tinkered with to work better. It might be a total clusterfuck. I don't know. We'll find out next week.
    Yet despite this, and despite the fact that my rule changes allowed the original thread to run smoothly, you decided to behave like a petulant child by declaring all the nominations and seconds that were made during this time void, and created the new thread without any apology for your absence or acknowledgement to take any responsibility.

You accuse me of deliberately sabotaging things by retracting my nominations, yet it was you that sabotaged things when you got Heather19 to lock the original thread, thereby burying the video links to everyone's nominations.

You decided to start over by creating this thread, so if I also want to start over by retracting my original nominations so they can be reposted here, then that is my prerogative to do so and one that was shared by another member here:

As this thread effectively started over, I am officially retracting ALL of my previous nominations and seconds, from the other thread.
    I entered five previous nominations as well and would like to do the same.
    Although you were requested by two different members to provide links to all the previous videos nominated, you continually failed to do so and had to rely on Heather19 to do it for you. Your response to those requests:

I may get around to doing that. I don't know how to make text a link though.
    Pablo then posted instructions on how to create a text link, and you ignored them.

But your continued dereliction of duty does not end there. This thread has been open now for over 2.5 days, and in that time not one of the master lists containing nominations, seconds or thirds have been updated. This has not gone unnoticed by other members...

Are you going to man up and take some responsibility, Mattrick? Or are you going to rely on Heather19 to do it for you again?

Your behaviour smacks of someone who craves the power of being in command, but none of the responsibility that goes with it. Sad.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I now nominate the "Marovigian scene" from "The Matrix Reloaded" in the proper fashion? Or, have I fucked up once again?

Not for nothing (and granted I'm an old fart), but you need two computers to keep track of what you are posting in THIS computer!!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Yeah, I know, I'm old and feeble. My kids never fail to remind me!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah you're good to go.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah you're good to go.

Praise God and pass the remote!!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saying from my POV!!!1 LOL LOL

Of course, in "Canada" they play, "Hockey"!!!!! lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nomination #7

film: The Man Who Knew Too Much
    scene: Royal Albert Hall
    director: Alfred Hitchcock
    year: 1956

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #7

Scene: Crowded Cabin Scene
    Film: A Night at the Opera
    Director: Wood
    Year: 1935

Spoiler

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #6

Unbreakble
    Soul Survivor scene
    M. Night Shyamalan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfDOmCLf0bQ
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Second #4 (Third) Shower Scene from Psycho
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #3
    The Breakfast Club
    Hallway Scene
    John Hughes

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Second #4

Glass Plate: will or won't it (break) - Whats Up, Doc?

Never seen this movie, but the clip was hilarious, and yet somewhat familiar, I am sure I have seen part of the scene on a highlight or best of documentary.
    Just wondering if the nominee (I think it was Frik) would mind providing some set up info for it (perhaps in a spoiler in case others don't want to know).
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second #4

Glass Plate: will or won't it (break) - Whats Up, Doc?

Never seen this movie, but the clip was hilarious, and yet somewhat familiar, I am sure I have seen part of the scene on a highlight or best of documentary.
    Just wondering if the nominee (I think it was Frik) would mind providing some set up info for it (perhaps in a spoiler in case others don't want to know).
    Yes, that was me.
    Thanks for the second - and done!

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast