Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think my biggest worry right now is the rate/amount people are nominating as opposed to seconding.

I get it, by nominating a film and posting the scene, plus maybe giving a brief synopsis on why we love the scene, we sort of have this weird feeling of dominion over the scene. Like it's "our" scene. I hope that makes sense. While I totally get it, like Matt said, seconding a scene is just as good as if we nominated it.

All you have to do is look at the amount of scenes that have been nominated compared to the scenes that have been seconded. There have been literally 5 of the latter. Basically, I'm just saying not to forget to second scenes.

Lastly, at some point we might have to be allowed to repost our nominations that haven't been seconded. Nobody is going to go back and look at the list unfortunately.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I think my biggest worry right now is the rate/amount people are nominating as opposed to seconding.

I get it, by nominating a film and posting the scene, plus maybe giving a brief synopsis on why we love the scene, we sort of have this weird feeling of dominion over the scene. Like it's "our" scene. I hope that makes sense. While I totally get it, like Matt said, seconding a scene is just as good as if we nominated it.

All you have to do is look at the amount of scenes that have been nominated compared to the scenes that have been seconded. There have been literally 5 of the latter. Basically, I'm just saying not to forget to second scenes.

Lastly, at some point we might have to be allowed to repost our nominations that haven't been seconded. Nobody is going to go back and look at the list unfortunately.
    I think it might help if the list of nominated films (and seconded films) had a link back to the nominating post or better yet, a link to the video. I intend to only review the posts on the first page to decide if I will second or third a film, i'm not sure I will bother searching for the link or post otherwise. (why bother 2nding a clip if you're not sure it is a valid nomination

Honestly, I think a lot of seconds got lost. I know that I had already thirded "Wanna Know How I Got These Scars?", yet neither the 2nd or 3rd appears in the posts for 2nd's or in the summary of invalid posts.

I do agree with what you say about the lack of seconds. But there is another reason. If you second a clip, then you have to wait until you can nominate, so I think if it comes down to do you want to sacrifice your opportunity to nominate in order to second some one else's? People will choose the nomination for the reasons you give.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #3

Scene: Hobbling Scene
    Film: Misery
    Director: Rob Reiner
    Year: 1990

Spoiler

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Second #2 First Transformation - An American Werewolf in London
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Scene: "I'm Home"
    Film: Planet of the Apes
    Director: Franklin J. Schaffner
    Year: 1968

Spoiler:

Nomination #2

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #2

Final Directions - Synecdoche, New York (2008 )
    Director: Charlie Kaufman
    Spoilers: End of film
    Spoiler:

What was once before you - an exciting, mysterious future - is now behind you.
    Lived; understood; disappointing.
    You realize you are not special.
    You have struggled into existence, and are now slipping silently out of it.
    This is everyone's experience.
    Every single one.
    The specifics hardly matter.
    Everyone's everyone.
    So you are Adele, Hazel, Claire, Olive.
    You are Ellen.
    All her meager sadnesses are yours; all her loneliness;
    the gray, straw-like hair; her red raw hands.
    It's yours.
    It is time for you to understand this.
    Walk.
    As the people who adore you stop adoring you;
    as they die; as they move on;
    as you shed them; as you shed your beauty; your youth;
    as the world forgets you;
    as you recognize your transience;
    as you begin to lose your characteristics one by one;
    as you learn there is no-one watching you, and there never was,
    you think only about driving - not coming from any place; not arriving any place.
    Just driving, counting off time.
    Now you are here,
    at 7:43.
    Now you are here,
    at 7:44.
    Now you are...
    Gone.

It was hard to pick between this and the funeral monologue....
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

Spoiler:

Nomination #2
    Still Servant - Second #3
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #4
    Scene: Train Fight
    Movie: From Russia With Love
    Year: 1963
    Director: Terrance Young
    Spoilers: None

This is a little long. There was a shorter clip, but I think it missed a lot of the good set up to the fight (how bond out witted Red Grant). If you want you can skip to the 2:44 mark to get to the good parts.

Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

Spoiler:

Nomination #2
    Seconded #1 - THIRDED!

sk

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nomination #3

Scene: Hobbling Scene
    Film: Misery
    Director: Rob Reiner
    Year: 1990

Spoiler
    #3 second

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tell me we are not having to third a scene? seriously...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wanna second The Dark Knight Interrogation scene by Fernando....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Can I please put back in the game the Se7en scene "whats in the box"?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

My second second is for Mattrick's first nomination, the end of Paths of Glory

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully I'm doing this right now:

#2 Second - The Shower Scene - Psycho
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Hopefully I'm doing this right now:

#2 Second - The Shower Scene - Psycho
    I still have no idea. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You're good Becca. All you have to do is wait 5 nomination/second posts and then you can either nominate a new scene or second one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You're good Becca. All you have to do is wait 5 nomination/second posts and then you can either nominate a new scene or second one.
    So scenes still need a 3rd?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So scenes still need a 3rd?
    Yes they do.

Also, all the previous movie scenes that were seconded from the last thread, were declared null and void. They will need to be seconded again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    With all the confusion in the previous thread, this is a list of null and void nominations and seconds from being out of turn. They were subtracted from your totals and this list is here so you can again second and nominate them again should you choose too...when it's you're turn, of course.

T-Dogz Second of USS Indianapolis from Jaws
    Webstar second of Freedom Speech from Braveheart
    Shai Sheb Second of Scars Story from The Dark Knight
    Webstar nomination of What's In The Box from Se7en
    Becca second of Se7en not actually nominated
    Frik second of Opening Barracks Scene from Full Metal Jacket (due to confusing, not enough posts in between)
    Sai Sheb nomination of Opera Scene from The Godfather Part III
    Becca second of Birthday Dinner from East of Eden
    Tommy second of Cropduster from North by Northwest
    T-Dogz second of "You Shall Not Pass!" from Lord of the Rings
    Frik second of The Battle of Hoth from Empire Strikes Back
    Frik second of The Shower Scene from Psycho
    T-Dogz second of Enter Hannibal Lector from Silence of the Lambs
    I also note that particpants can no longer watch the videos for the above scenes. They will therefore be most likely forgotten about....

Country
    Country Flag

Can I second your Braveheart seen now?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You can, but you might want to nominate your "What's in the Box" movie scene from Seven first? You cannot do both without waiting for 5 other seconds / nominations in between.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    You can, but you might want to nominate your "What's in the Box" movie scene from Seven first? You cannot do both without waiting for 5 other seconds / nominations in between.
    k
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

k
    If you want to nominate your movie scene back into play, I will second it for you?

(When I can)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #3

Winkie's Diner - Mulholland Dr.
    Directed by: David Lynch

Spoiler:

Such a creepy scene.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, all the previous movie scenes that were seconded from the last thread, were declared null and void. They will need to be seconded again.

I also note that particpants can no longer watch the videos for the above scenes. They will therefore be most likely forgotten about....
    Not all of the seconds. I think 8 were valid. Most of them were out of turn though, so of course they were rendered null and void.

They're easier to look up than videos which get buried in this thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast