Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Could we possibly link the videos in the list of nominated scenes? Pablo is this what you did with the song tournament? If I have time later tonight or tomorrow I could try to start working on it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I did link each nomination to its original post for the music tournament.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I may get around to doing that. I don't know how to make text a link though.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You just need to select the text, click the button and paste in the link.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

SECOND #2

Thirding Hobbling scene from Misery
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #5: The Odessa steps sequence from Battleship Potemkin (1925), directed by Sergei Eisenstein:

Let's get film-school up in here! One of the most famous scenes in cinema history.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The first scene I seconded was the Cropduster scene. It's not on the list of seconds. Did I do it wrong somehow?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #4

Scene: Birth of the Star Child
    Film: 2001:A Space Odyssey
    Director: Kubrick
    Year: 1968

Spoiler

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

#3 Second - Opening Scene - Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nomination #4

Spoiler

Ok, believe it or not I have never seen 2001. When I load the clip, the title is 2001 A Space Odyssey - ending

So, being an ending scene, is this going to be a spoiler? The nomination doesn't indicate if it includes spoilers or not.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nomination #3

Strangers on a Train - Miriam's Last Breath
    Alfred Hitchcock

This video does contain a spoiler
    Spoiler:

This film is filled with so many great scenes. The tennis scene, the carousel. But this one is my favorite. I love the use of shadows and misdirection. And the POV shot with the action being shown through the reflection in the glasses at the end, is a shot that has stuck with me since I first saw it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #4

The Pub Scene - Inglourious Basterds (2009)
    Director: Quentin Tarantino
    Spoilers: Kind of

Because this scene is so long, it's only available on youtube in segments, and this is still missing some of it
    Spoiler:

Such a great scene from Tarantino's masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Nomination #4

Spoiler

Ok, believe it or not I have never seen 2001. When I load the clip, the title is 2001 A Space Odyssey - ending

So, being an ending scene, is this going to be a spoiler? The nomination doesn't indicate if it includes spoilers or not.
    Yes and No. If you haven't seen the film, it will make little sense and for some that have seen the film it still makes little sense. What do others that have seen it feel? and sorry for not saying it was the ending scene.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, endings aren't necessarily spoilers. I've nominated two ending scenes now. Paths of Glory's ending has nothing to do with the rest of the story, and the ending to Synecdoche, New York is slightly spoilerish, but doesn't really give up any information which alters the film. If anything, you're just missing context which gives the ending such weight.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really wanted to nominate the montage at the beginning of Up, but it's not really a scene.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #5
    Scene: Let them Play!
    Movie: Bad News Bears in Breaking Training
    Year: 1977
    Director: Michael Pressman
    Spoilers: None

Ok, this one wasn't on my radar until I was watching a NCAA game and I heard the crowd chanting something, and the rhythm of the chant reminded me of this scene, which I always thought was uplifting.
    Spoiler:

Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first scene I seconded was the Cropduster scene. It's not on the list of seconds. Did I do it wrong somehow?
    Ah...That was my nomination.
    Maybe you seconded it too close after one of your own nominations??
    You can still second it though..

sk

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I really wanted to nominate the montage at the beginning of Up, but it's not really a scene.
    I was as well. Still think it would be a valid nomination.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Second #2

Nomination #4

Spoiler
    sk

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

#3 NOMINATION
    film: Dumb and dumber
    Scene: mockingbird

https://youtu.be/NYBJG1zT-oY

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gonna try this again... but have to say too many rules... and not making it as fun as it should be.

My 5th Nomination
    Se7en
    "whats in the box?"
    David Fincher
    SPOILERS IN CLIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1giVzxyoclE
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As this thread effectively started over, I am officially retracting ALL of my previous nominations and seconds, from the other thread.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    As this thread effectively started over, I am officially redacting ALL of my previous nominations and seconds, from the other thread.
    I entered five previous nominations as well and would like to do the same.

sk

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    I'll try...as soon as I figure out when I can

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    I'll try...as soon as I figure out when I can
    Oops - I just forgot I asked to have my nominations retracted.
    Once this has been okayed I will nominate the scene again.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast