Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #19

Large Marge
    Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
    Burton

Spoiler

Gunslinger Apprentice blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Dude chill, there are lots of scenes on my list to second. I am considering this one, but honestly dude you have a lot of scenes in already. Me, just 3. I could complain just as much about why iconic scenes from Dirty Harry movies are not in. I mean you hear people quote these all the time. Even president Reagan quoted it in a speach.
    I was never a fan of the Dirty Harry movies. IMHO, I believe them to be somewhat of an acquired taste.

With regard to people quoting them all the time (even President Reagan), there is a sharp distinction between a great scene and a great line.

And anyway, I thought this tournament was to find the best movie scene, not the best quote from a movie scene.

What about the scene from Stand by Me. That too is from a very loved SK movie.
    Stand by Me is a great movie, but I don't think that the "What is Goofy" scene is one of its best moments. I will however, "second" any of the following scenes if they are nominated....

And what about the scene from fast times at ridgemont high. That scene is voted the #1 nude scene of all time by Mr. Skin. Is it too taboo to vote a scene with nudity?
    Who the fuck is Mr. Skin?

Meanwhile there are scenes that are in that I just shake my head over. Sharknado?, the best scene in that series shouldn't make the top 1million scenes of all time. A cat with diarhea, really?
    Those two are so bad, they are actually quite good. In addition, they are both considerably funnier and more entertaining, than a lot of scenes that have been selected so far.

BTW, really surprised you haven't seconded (or been the one to nominate) the "Say hello to my little friend" scene. Wasn't that your avatar for the longest time?
    I did have 'Tony Montana' as an avatar back in 2015; but this was only to support the 'gangster' theme that was being utilised for the Haven Foundation fundraiser, not because I particularly enjoyed the movie.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18907 The Haven Fund "Mob"!!!!

Scarface is okay, but I wouldn't consider it to be one of the greatest gangster films of all time. That's why I chose to nominate scenes from The Godfather, Goodfellas and The Untouchables instead.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Just checking but we're still capped at 20 noms, right?
    Yeah and we are both tapped out at present.

Looking at the list of official entries, the rate scenes are being "seconded" and where everybody else is with their nominations, I think the cap should be raised to at least 40 per member if we are to get anyway near the target of 256 entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I'll up the nominations cap in a few days.
    BUMP.

Mattrick, you promised to increase the nominations cap more than 2 weeks ago....

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

7th Nomination
    John Hughes deserves his place in our little competition. One of the most influential movies of the 1980s. The perfect song, with a perfect speech, for a perfect ending, to a perfect film.

Scene: The end
    Film: The Breakfast Club
    Director:John Hughes
    Year:1985

Spoiler:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    7th Nomination
    John Hughes deserves his place in our little competition. One of the most influential movies of the 1980s. The perfect song, with a perfect speech, for a perfect ending, to a perfect film.

Scene: The end
    Film: The Breakfast Club
    Director:John Hughes
    Year:1985

Spoiler:
    Second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Scene: "Locked In"
    Film: Watchmen
    Director: Zach Snyder
    Year: 2009

Spoiler:

Nomination #1

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #20

I'm as Mad as Hell and I'm Not Gonna Take This Anymore!
    Network
    Lumet

Spoiler

Peter Finch got so worked up doing this scene, he had a heart attack. He died a few months after filming wrapped. He became the first posthumous Best Actor Oscar Winner. Interesting that the next (for best supporting actor) would be Heath Ledger. Both men were Australians.

40 years down the road and this scene could not feel more relevant.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nomination #20

I'm as Mad as Hell and I'm Not Gonna Take This Anymore!
    Network
    Lumet

Spoiler

Peter Finch got so worked up doing this scene, he had a heart attack. He died a few months after filming wrapped. He became the first posthumous Best Actor Oscar Winner. Interesting that the next (for best supporting actor) would be Heath Ledger. Both men were Australians.

40 years down the road and this scene could not feel more relevant.
    SECONDED.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Scene: "Locked In"
    Film: Watchmen
    Director: Zach Snyder
    Year: 2009

Spoiler:

Nomination #1
    seconded
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Nom 19

Superman
    The world sees him for the first time.. and he saves Lois!
    Richard Donner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN7OBEd5hRM
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Thirding the "mad as hell" scene from Network.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nomination #7

Rebel Without a Cause - Chickie Run
    Nicholas Ray 1955
    Spoilers - Yes, although I feel like the scene is pretty classic so if you haven't seen the movie you probably know what happens. But if you haven't seen the movie yet, then you probably don't have intentions to watch the whole thing, in which case I would encourage you to at least watch this scene.

Spoiler:
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Nomination #7

Nicholas Ray 1955
    Spoilers - Yes, although I feel like the scene is pretty classic so if you haven't seen the movie you probably know what happens. But if you haven't seen the movie yet, then you probably don't have intentions to watch the whole thing, in which case I would encourage you to at least watch this scene.

Spoiler:
    Great choice.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Nomination #7

Nicholas Ray 1955

Spoiler:
    Great choice.
    Does that mean you're seconding it?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Nom #20 - This was so bad ass back in the day...

Predator
    Shooting the Jungle to SHIT scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Nomination #7

Nicholas Ray 1955

Spoiler:
    Great choice.
    I will if he doesn't and if he does, I will third it! I've seen that movie at least 50 times, never get tired of it.

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #7

Nicholas Ray 1955

Spoiler:
    Great choice.
    Yes.

Country
    Country Flag

No one likes a cool action sequence I am beginning to think...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Predator

2nd
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Predator

2nd
    ATTA BOY!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I think unlimited nominations and a waiting period of 2 between nominations would help tremendously at this point.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I think unlimited nominations and a waiting period of 2 between nominations would help tremendously at this point.

FWIW, I agree!!!

Nomination:

Diehard
    Roof top leap and explosion!!!

Still, one of the greatest scenes in action films!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Predator

Third! Arrrrrrrrrr!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast