Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1600

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I forgot to nominate this one....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I forgot to nominate this one....

Good call. Can I second or are we done?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The tournament will start this evening, when I finish work. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to start it over the weekend as planned, due to family issues for which I apologise.

With 256 official entries, the first Round will be 32 polls with 8 entries per poll, with the top 6 from each poll advancing to Round 2.

Rather than post all 32 polls for Round 1 at once, I will post 8 polls at a time over 4 days. The initial list of official entries have been randomised several times through Random.org so that it's completely fair.

EDIT:

Note: each poll will be open for 7 days and any tiebreaker polls will be open for 4 days.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The tournament will start this evening, when I finish work. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to start it over the weekend as planned, due to family issues for which I apologise.

With 256 official entries, the first Round will be 32 polls with 8 entries per poll, with the top 6 from each poll advancing to Round 2.

Rather than post all 32 polls for Round 1 at once, I will post 8 polls at a time over 4 days. The initial list of official entries have been randomised several times through Random.org so that it's completely fair.

Lazy Limey!!! LOL LOL LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My last nomination....

NOMINATION # 50

Scene: Playing Catch with Dad
    Film: Field of Dreams
    Director: Phil Alden Robinson
    Year: 1989
    Spoiler: No

This film has nothing to do with the "Yanks". It's our heritage!!!!!

This one didn't make the cut? Are you fucking kidding me? There are at least 12 sophmoric scenes nominated that this is a better one. How many of you folks have played catch with your, Dad? And on "Fathers Day"? Give me a break, this process is broken. If you can watch this scene and not tear up, vote aganst it. C'MON PEOPLE!!!! What a fucked up process!!!!! You folks also gave me crap for "Saving Pvt Ryan". Where are your priorities, you Philistines? LOL "Cats, puking"? Adolescent jokes? or. real cinema? I give up!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This is NOT a "Yankee" thing. It's an "American" thing!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

This is NOT a "Yankee" thing. It's an "American" thing!!!!
    Interestingly, a YouTube user posted the following comment on the "Playing Catch with Dad" scene from Field of Dreams....

Originally Posted on YouTube
    "This scene should be on the legal citizenship test for the US. If they cry, let 'em in. We'd be honored to have them."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_wnD6jxREU

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I prefer this scene from Crimson Tide and was thinking of nominating it before we ran out of room:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cannot wait for the polls to start!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like Tim should be granted honorary citizenship

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This one didn't make the cut? Are you fucking kidding me? There are at least 12 sophmoric scenes nominated that this is a better one. How many of you folks have played catch with your, Dad? And on "Fathers Day"? Give me a break, this process is broken. If you can watch this scene and not tear up, vote aganst it. C'MON PEOPLE!!!! What a fucked up process!!!!! You folks also gave me crap for "Saving Pvt Ryan". Where are your priorities, you Philistines? LOL "Cats, puking"? Adolescent jokes? or. real cinema? I give up!!

The "Racine Wins" scene from A League of Their Own was also overlooked but somehow the pissing scene got in...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Default IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

As with all tournaments, there are always some entries that people forget to nominate and wish they had. This tournament is no exception, with Iwritecode, Jon, myself, Bill and Pablo already posting video clips of scenes we wished had been included.

With that in mind, I'm adding something a little extra to the tournament in order to relieve the inevitable frustration people experience when the nominating process has finished, and also to add a bit of spice to proceedings!

I'm going to allow each member who has participated in the tournament so far, to nominate ANY ONE movie scene (either a brand new scene or one that was previously nominated but failed to gain a second) to be included as a "Wild Card" entry.

Members have from now until Monday 26th June 2017 at 16:00hrs EST to nominate their "Wild Card" entry.

The nominated Wild Cards will then face off against each other in a separate poll, with only one entry emerging victorious. The winning "Wild Card" entry will then be matched up in a single 1 on 1 playoff against the movie scene with the lowest vote percentage emerging from Round 1, with the winning scene then advancing with the others to Round 2.

Remember, you can only nominate ONE movie scene for this!

Let the "Wild Card" nominations begin!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, the final lap of this went so fast. It just so happened that the final stages of the nomination process took place during the time of year when I work 7 days a week. I wish I could have participated more towards the end. I had so many more scenes I wanted to nominate. I also can't believe a scene from Skull Island got in yet the scene from Dead Poets Society didn't make the cut. I'm not sure what you guys have against that movie. Anyway, I'm going to post the rest of the scenes I was going to nominate, just in case a few people care.

Whiplash Final scene:
    Not My Tempo

Rear Window Open:
    Classic

12 Angry Men:
    Hard to pick just one

Raging Bull Man in the Mirror scene:
    DeNiro does Brando

I Could have been a Contender:
    Brando doing Brando

Schindler's List Ending Scene:
    One More

Glory - Trip Gets Flogged:
    Denzel's Single Tear

Field of Dreams People Will Come:
    I prefer this scene over the one in the tournament.

Back to the Future Clock Tower scene:
    Lots of great ones in the tournament, but I love this one the most

Big Chopsticks scene:
    A scene that will outlast most in the tournament

Three Amigos Water scene:
    I kept wanting to nominate this one but jumped other scenes over it.

The Untouchables Staircase scene:
    How this scene isn't the one to represent The Untouchables is beyond me.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles You're Going the Wrong Way scene:
    Not enough comedies in the tourney, could have used this one

Oh, well. I blame myself. I honestly assumed many people were going to nominate some of these so I didn't have to.

At the risk of starting shit, I'm pretty sure you had a hand in putting in more than one of those sophomoric scenes.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Hard to get any wilder than this....

Malkovich Inside Malkovich
    Being John Malkovich
    Jonze

Spoiler

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Hard to get any wilder than this....

Malkovich Inside Malkovich
    Being John Malkovich
    Jonze

Spoiler
    And we have our first "Wild Card" entry nomination.

Country
    Country Flag

And here's my one....

"WILD CARD" NOMINATION

If you don't feel any emotion whilst watching this scene, you're not human.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Wow, the final lap of this went so fast. It just so happened that the final stages of the nomination process took place during the time of year when I work 7 days a week. I wish I could have participated more towards the end. I had so many more scenes I wanted to nominate. I also can't believe a scene from Skull Island got in yet the scene from Dead Poets Society didn't make the cut. I'm not sure what you guys have against that movie. Anyway, I'm going to post the rest of the scenes I was going to nominate, just in case a few people care.

Rear Window Open:
    Classic
    This scene was nominated. And seconded (by me).

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Wild Card Entry:

It has to be my favorite movie of all time... so MATRIX
    Neo realizes he is the ONE....

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+he+is+the+one
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

There needs to be a Heathers scene in this contest. I decided on the ending but couldn't find one together so these two should go together.

Heathers - Ending scene
    Directed by Michael Lehmann

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    There needs to be a Heathers scene in this contest. I decided on the ending but couldn't find one together so these two should go together.

Heathers - Ending scene

Never seen this... I think I am going to watch it. Got great reviews... I have never even heard of it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Heathers - Ending scene

Never seen this... I think I am going to watch it. Got great reviews... I have never even heard of it!
    OMG one of my favorite movies ever!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Heathers - Ending scene

OMG one of my favorite movies ever!
    Love that movie
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

If we're doing wild cards, I'll pitch in my scene from The Graduate. Shocked it wasn't seconded. Close calls would have been the scenes from Spirited Away and Amélie.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And here's my one....

"WILD CARD" NOMINATION

If you don't feel any emotion whilst watching this scene, you're not human.

second
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Heathers - Ending scene

Yasss! LOVE Heathers!

Country
    Country Flag

As with all tournaments, there are always some entries that people forget to nominate and wish they had. This tournament is no exception, with Iwritecode, Jon, myself, Bill and Pablo already posting video clips of scenes we wished had been included.

With that in mind, I'm adding something a little extra to the tournament in order to relieve the inevitable frustration people experience when the nominating process has finished, and also to add a bit of spice to proceedings!

I'm going to allow each member who has participated in the tournament so far, to nominate ANY ONE movie scene (either a brand new scene or one that was previously nominated but failed to gain a second) to be included as a "Wild Card" entry.

Members have from now until Monday 26th June 2017 at 16:00hrs EST to nominate their "Wild Card" entry.

The nominated Wild Cards will then face off against each other in a separate poll, with only one entry emerging victorious. The winning "Wild Card" entry will then be matched up in a single 1 on 1 playoff against the movie scene with the lowest vote percentage emerging from Round 1, with the winning scene then advancing with the others to Round 2.

Remember, you can only nominate ONE movie scene for this!

Let the "Wild Card" nominations begin!!!!
    So far we only have 5 confirmed "Wild Card" entry nominations. There is now just over 24 hours left before nominations close, so get those entries in quick!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 LastLast