Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1600

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Does that mean it's officially been entered then? Am I still going off the list on the very first page of this thread, or is an updated list elsewhere?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Does that mean it's officially been entered then? Am I still going off the list on the very first page of this thread, or is an updated list elsewhere?
    The link on the first page or in Still Servant's signature block is the correct list.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

woops, not my turn yet!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    woops, not my turn yet!
    Easy tiger. LOL!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #49: The nursing scene from The Bear (1988), directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud:

Such a beautiful and touching scene. This is the best film about animals, in my opinion.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nom #48

LOTR
    Sam V Shelob.... (COME ON... in honor of King and his spiders )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfJirrzRQ60
    The Shelob scene is very iconic. This HAS to be included. SECONDED!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How many are left? When does the tournament start after we get to the magic number?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

How many are left? When does the tournament start after we get to the magic number?
    I don't have access to the Google sheet right now, but I think we have around 7 slots left.

Once we hit 256 entries, I will sit down and work out timeframes for a possible start...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Nomination #49: The nursing scene from The Bear (1988), directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud:

Such a beautiful and touching scene. This is the best film about animals, in my opinion.
    I thought this movie was amazing. I will second that scene
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Is it just me or have we gone from having almost nothing getting in to having almost every single nomination getting in almost immediately?
    It's just you.
    No it's not. Looking back through the thread when 3rds were still required, only about 19% of all the nominated scenes were officially in. Now about 70% of the total nominated scenes are in. That's quite a jump.

It is what it is at this point but I think we should have kept the 3rd requirement. Getting rid of nomination caps and lowering the wait time between noms/seconds probably would've been sufficient.
    That's funny, you seemed to be in favour of aborting the 3rd requirement, when you posted this back in April....

Not to be Debbie Downer or anything but the nomination process has been going on for about a month and a half now. Looking at the google sheet we have a grand total of 210 scenes that have been nominated. Out of that, only 66 have been seconded and third-ed to make it to the "officially in" status. We are supposed to get to a total of 256.

If it keeps up at this pace, it's going to be another 5-6 months before this thing even starts.
    Perhaps do away with the 3rd? How many do we have seconded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    61 have been seconded. That would get us halfway to our goal.
    I never said I was in favor of it. I was simply stating numbers. At the time obviously something needed to be done. It just seems like we went from one extreme to another.

Like I said though, it is what it is. I'm just making observations.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 49

Scene: Crusty Bitches and Rag Tags
    Film: Gangs of New York
    Director: Martin Scorsese
    Year: 2002
    Spoiler: No

Breathtaking performances from both Daniel Day Lewis and Liam Neeson....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #50: The killing of Officer Murphy scene from RoboCop (1987), directed by Paul Verhoeven:

I'll make this my last nomination. Pretty much as iconic as scenes get!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I never said I was in favor of it. I was simply stating numbers. At the time obviously something needed to be done. It just seems like we went from one extreme to another.

Like I said though, it is what it is. I'm just making observations.
    FWIW I agree with you, we did go from one end of the spectrum to the other.. however in this case I just want to start the tournament already.

We've been nominating for what seems like half a year now lol.

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 49

Scene: Crusty Bitches and Rag Tags
    Film: Gangs of New York
    Director: Martin Scorsese
    Year: 2002
    Spoiler: No

Breathtaking performances from both Daniel Day Lewis and Liam Neeson....

SECOND!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #50: The killing of Officer Murphy scene from RoboCop (1987), directed by Paul Verhoeven:

Someone should second this! I cant but what a movie!! LOVED this scene
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite Paul Verhoeven movie: seconded!!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

That is it... is it not? All entries?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I think a few more spots should still remain. We need Dr. T-Dogz to give us an update when he's able.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    We've been nominating for what seems like half a year now lol.
    Just over three months so a quarter.

Country
    Country Flag

Nom#50 (MY FINAL SCENE)

Training Day
    Final scene.. KING KONG aint got nothing on me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwnP7jhTrlQ
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #53

Eye Slice
    Un Chien Andalou
    Bunuel

Spoiler

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 22

Scene: Subway scene
    Film: Crocodile Dundee
    Director: Peter Faiman
    Year: 1986
    Spoiler: Yes (Climax of the film)

One of best endings in the history of modern cinema. A true classic!

Totally seconded!

(Is the "That's not a knife" scene included?)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

In case that scene is not already included, I nominate the "that's not a knife" scene from Crocodile Dundee. I'm at work and can't link a YouTube video. Can I still get a second for this?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    In case that scene is not already included, I nominate the "that's not a knife" scene from Crocodile Dundee. I'm at work and can't link a YouTube video. Can I still get a second for this?
    Yes, it's an awesome scene. I can find and upload a video clip for you. SECONDED!!!

I think that's the last entry. I will arrive back home in around 20 mins, and will double check the Google sheet.

Nominations/Seconds are suspended until I can verify the total. Will post again very shortly.

Country
    Country Flag

Just realized there was not a single Beverly Hills Cop scene! Lol good job everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast