Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1600

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now for something a little bit more "festive"....

Nomination # 32

Scene: Santa Announcement
    Film: Elf
    Director: Jon Favreau
    Year: 2003
    Spoiler: No

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nomination #12

Jaws - Chrissie's Death
    Love this scene. It's very iconic. I chose the clip that includes the opening credits because all the other ones I could find on youtube skipped the very beginning of the party scene.

Spoiler:
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still Servant - Nomination #15

"You Lose! Good Day Sir!" - Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory

YOU LOSE!

Surprised this hadn't been nominated yet.

Still Servant - Second

Wood Chipper scene - Fargo
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #32

One of Us!!
    Freaks
    Browning

Spoiler

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nomination #32

One of Us!!
    Freaks
    Browning

Spoiler
    Seconded.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Nomination #32

One of Us!!
    Freaks
    Browning

Spoiler
    Seconded.
    I was thinking about Freaks the other day and how a scene needed to be nominated from that film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Nomination #12

Jaws - Chrissie's Death
    Love this scene. It's very iconic. I chose the clip that includes the opening credits because all the other ones I could find on youtube skipped the very beginning of the party scene.

Spoiler:
    Seconded!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nom #32

Thomas Crown Affair
    Bowler Hat Scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3rDWENRI7c
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nom #32 (just watch it.. still disturbing to see)

MISERY
    You are not walking anymore.... HOBBLING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tURhk-5mDpE
    That's one of the first scenes I nominated and is already seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nom #32 (just watch it.. still disturbing to see)

MISERY
    You are not walking anymore.... HOBBLING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tURhk-5mDpE
    That's one of the first scenes I nominated and is already seconded.
    Thanks mate. There has been no many I missed that. I will change it now.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This needs to be included....

Nomination # 33

Scene: The Girl in Red
    Film: Schindler's List
    Director: Steven Spielberg
    Year: 1993

Steeped in symbolism, the iconic scene featuring the girl in red is probably the most moving image in Steven Spielberg's epic Holocaust movie.

"The Holocaust was life without light. For me the symbol of life is color. That's why a film about the Holocaust has to be in black-and-white."

- Steven Spielberg

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    This needs to be included....

Nomination # 33

Scene: The Girl in Red
    Film: Schindler's List
    Director: Steven Spielberg
    Year: 1993

Steeped in symbolism, the iconic scene featuring the girl in red is probably the most moving image in Steven Spielberg's epic Holocaust movie.

"The Holocaust was life without light. For me the symbol of life is color. That's why a film about the Holocaust has to be in black-and-white."

- Steven Spielberg

Second

Nomination #33

Brenda at the Movies
    Scary Movie
    Wayans

Spoiler

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #31: "Good Morning" from Singin' in the Rain (1952), directed by Stanley Donen and Gene Kelly:

My favorite song and scene from this uber-classic, even better than the title scene, in my opinion.

Country
    Country Flag

Nom #33

Good Morning Vietnam
    First Broadcast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuk8AOjGURE
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

All these Good Mornings makes me want to nominate this...

Good Morning Starshine

...but not just yet.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Nomination #31: "Good Morning" from Singin' in the Rain (1952), directed by Stanley Donen and Gene Kelly:

My favorite song and scene from this uber-classic, even better than the title scene, in my opinion.
    seconded!

sk

Nomination #34

The Eating Machine
    Modern Times
    Chaplin

Spoiler

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 34

Scene: Shinebox scene
    Film: Goodfellas
    Director: Martin Scorsese
    Year: 1990

"Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox!"

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #34

The Eating Machine
    Modern Times
    Chaplin

Spoiler
    Seconded! I was just mulling over a few Chaplin scenes

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Nomination # 34

Scene: Shinebox scene
    Film: Goodfellas
    Director: Martin Scorsese
    Year: 1990

"Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox!"

Secondeed
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

OK, I've been searching for this specific scene forever and it doesn't appear to exist on the internet anywhere. At least by itself. So I had to link to a really bad YT video of the entire movie. The quality is horrible and the sound is odd presumably to throw off the copyright detection software.

Anyway, the scene starts at the 1:14:40 mark and goes to about the 1:15:54 mark so it's only a little over a minute long.

As the father of an athlete who has had to show up late to my daughter's games quite a few times over the years, this scene really resonates with me. It's really awesome being able to watch your kids succeed in something.

Nomination # ?? (I don't remember what number I'm on)

Scene: Pitch to Johnny!
    Film: Little Giants
    Director: Duwayne Dunham
    Spoiler: no

Spoiler:

For anyone who hasn't seen the movie, the premise is that Johnny's dad is always traveling for work and never home to see his kid play football. Then he finally shows up in the middle of this game.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has this been nominated?

If not, allow me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Nomination #35

Let the Sunshine In
    Hair
    Forman
    MAJOR SPOILER

Spoiler

Chills and teary eyes every time.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nomination #27

Can't have enough Karloff....nor James Whale....classic scene from a classic movie;

scene: The Monster Meets His Bride...We belong dead...
    film: Bride of Frankenstein
    director: James Whale
    year: 1935

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Izq-E3o7Y

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast