Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Like NO one is seconding the Matrix scene? NUTS!
    You think that is nuts, no one seconded the dentist scene Fri little shop of horrors... I wet myself watching that...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Still Servant already seconded this and unfortunately, you already seconded the movie scene from Seven, and cannot do so again until a further 4 people have seconded something.

The movie scene above could be thirded, but the rules for thirding are the same as seconding. People either choose to second or third, not both.
    OK, so I'm confused again. Not really understanding how this is supposed to work? Can I nominate again?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Scene: "I'm Home"
    Film:The Planet of the Apes
    Director: Franklin J. Schaffner
    Year:1968

2nd nomination
    You have only just made your first nomination. You have to wait until 5 other people have nominated a movie scene, before you can nominate again.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

OK, so I'm confused again. Not really understanding how this is supposed to work? Can I nominate again?
    I just checked back and counted for you. There has been exactly 5 other (legit) movie scene nominations posted since you made your last one, so yes you can!

I just checked my own tally and I can too!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

2nd nomination
    You have only just made your first nomination. You have to wait until 5 other people have nominated a movie scene, before you can nominate again.
    I deleted my entry - so many rules!

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry man - these are not my rules, and I would change a few things if they were....

Whilst the current rules are in force though, they have to applied equally to everyone.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2nd nomination
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Awesome scene. I was going to second it!!!!
    Please do not delete it. Or if you already did, nominate it again!!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!

sk
    He will be able to nominate it again, when it's his turn to do so....

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 4

Scene: Al Capone's baseball bat
    Film: The Untouchables
    Director: Brian De Palma
    Year : 1987
    Spoiler: None

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #2

Scene Name: Cliff top Duel
    Name of film: The Princess Bride
    Name of director: Rob Reiner
    Year of release: 1987

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No love for the godfather III scene... My heart is heavy... Being a dad of three girls that scene gets me every time

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    No love for the godfather III scene... My heart is heavy... Being a dad of three girls that scene gets me every time
    I can't help get a Godfather 3 scene into the tournament before a scene from Godfather 1 or 2.

Nomination #2

Lobby Scene from the Matrix - Wachowski Brothers - 1999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuslUzbJEaw
    I second the Matrix Lobby scene.

Which scenes are a officially in at the moment? If any. I'm sure we will get the flow down, but I still think it's easier if everybody submitted a list of their favorite scenes. If a scene is on 3 lists, it's in. Then we start the nomination process.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I can't help get a Godfather 3 scene into the tournament before a scene from Godfather 1 or 2.

Nomination #2

Which scenes are a officially in at the moment? If any. I'm sure we will get the flow down, but I still think it's easier if everybody submitted a list of their favorite scenes. If a scene is on 3 lists, it's in. Then we start the nomination process.
    As far as I can see, nothing has been thirded yet (not legitimately anyway). There is a lot of unnecessary confusion surrounding nominating/seconding/thirding in this thread due to there being far too many rules and restrictions.

I think we should scrap having to 'third' a movie scene before it is officially entered into the tournament. If the movie scene has been seconded, then it's in!

I also propose that we abolish the rule concerning how many seconds people can make. I firmly believe that most participants here, are hesitant about seconding because of the limit imposed on their ability to do so. That is not productive to this tournament, which is why it should be removed.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #2

As far as I can see, nothing has been thirded yet (not legitimately anyway). There is a lot of unnecessary confusion surrounding nominating/seconding/thirding in this thread due to there being far too many rules and restrictions.

I think we should scrap having to 'third' a movie scene before it is officially entered into the tournament. If the movie scene has been seconded, then it's in!

I also propose that we abolish the rule concerning how many seconds people can make. I firmly believe that most participants here, are hesitant about seconding because of the limit imposed on their ability to do so. That is not productive to this tournament, which is why it should be removed.
    Seconded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I just nominate the "Marovigian scene" from Matrix Reloaded?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #2

This is getting rediculous!. I have thirded an entry (Dark Knight scene). I see no rules for when you can third a nomination. Unless you are lumping thirds with the rules for seconds, and that is very unclear to me. If thirds are lumped in with seconds, then limiting to just 20 is not enough, it should probably be more then double the limit on nominations, because you need two per nominations. Also, it is so F'ing anoying to go back and count how many nominations/2nds have occured since you last nomination/2nd. Then you have to take into account whether those were "legal" nominations or not. And then you would have to recursively check the posts whether the posts to determine if a post was legal was legal itself. What about 2nds of nominations that weren't legal.

Its getting to be a nightmare. Why don't we just do something simple like a wait period of 2 hours between nominations, and 2 hours between 2nds/3rds, with say a 5 per day max. Then you don't have to worry about what other people have posted before us.

From this point on, I will not 2nd or 3rd a nomination until it shows up in posts #2 and #3 of this thread. I'm also going to wait 8 hours or more between nominations.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 1

Scene Name: cop's ear scene
    Name of film: Reservoir Dogs
    Name of director: Quantin Tarantino
    Year of release: 1992

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #3:
    Scene Name: The Death of Michael Myers
    Name of Film: Halloween
    Year 1978
    Director: John Carpenter
    Spoilers: YES, reveals the ending.

Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

2nd nomination
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!

sk
    I would 3rd it. However one reminder, I think this scene definitely falls under the category of spoiler, so advance warning should be given to those watching. (although even those who have never scene the movie have probably heard about this scene).
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Should just call it now. That "Jaws" scene is the best of all time!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #1

Scene: "No Wire Hangers!"
    Film: Mommie Dearest
    Director: Frank Perry
    Year: 1981

Spoiler

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nomination #3

scene: crop duster
    film: North by Northwest
    director: Alfred Hitchcock
    year: 1959

Country
    Country Flag

+1

sk

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

nomination #3

scene: crop duster
    film: North by Northwest
    director: Alfred Hitchcock
    year: 1959

2ND

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 5

Scene: "I believe in America...."
    Film: The Godfather
    Director: Francis Ford Coppola
    Year : 1972
    Spoiler: None

"What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, this scum who ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by some chance an honest man like yourself made enemies, they would become my enemies.... And then, they would fear you."

Cinematic gold, right there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast