Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=T-Dogz_AK47;1055151]
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    How's the cat?
    Taking a massive dump!!! "MEOW! PLAP! PLAP PLAP! MEOW!" LOL!

NOMINATION # 13

Scene: Jinxers the Cat takes a wicked shit
    Film: Date Movie
    Director: Aaron Seltzer
    Year: 2006
    Spoiler: None

This is some funny shit. Literally! It's a bathroom Cat-astrophe! LOL! LOL!

A true classic.

Oh this scene needs a second. Official second right here team!

I see I can nominate and second in the same post too (see, I'm picking up some of the rules)

The cat taking a dump scene reminded me of those other great movies with that cat on the toile that need to be included - the Meet the Parents/Fockers films. So funny!!!

Nomination
    Scene: Cop Scene
    Film: Meet the Fockers
    Director: Jay Roach
    Year: 2004
    Spoiler: None

Spoiler:

**EDIT** My attempt to embed the video hasn't worked, its just hiding the URL without actually putting the video in. Any help?

**EDIT** A-ha! Thanks T-Dogz!. I was on my Mac, but for some reason that process didn't work. Your link works a treat through. Cheers

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Is that the link from YouTube that you use to "Share" a video? It doesn't like those as much. Try using the long URL in the search box instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7r0T...ature=youtu.be
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

James,

Are you trying to embed a video using your mobile phone? That may be the reason why it's not working.

Copy and paste the link below into the 'insert video' tab. It should then work without a problem.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Spoiler:

Is that the link from YouTube that you use to "Share" a video? It doesn't like those as much. Try using the long URL in the search box instead.

Yeah I was using the share link, not the full URL. Thanks, that will be the issue!. Cheers

Plus I find I have to remove the s in https for the link to work too.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, just want to give an FYI that column B is F'd up. Every one of my scenes in that column (except the most recent), was attributed to
    someone else. And in one case I was credited with one I didn't do. I have corrected those pertaining to me. You might want to check
    your own.

In retrospect maybe I shouldn't have done that, because the problem could have occurred if someone deleted a cell in Column A and
    didn't do the same to Column B, in which case the fix might have been a simple delete of a cell and shift things up (but then items
    entered after the mistake would be wrong.)
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Ok, just want to give an FYI that column B is F'd up. Every one of my scenes in that column (except the most recent), was attributed to
    someone else. And in one case I was credited with one I didn't do. I have corrected those pertaining to me. You might want to check
    your own.

In retrospect maybe I shouldn't have done that, because the problem could have occurred if someone deleted a cell in Column A and
    didn't do the same to Column B, in which case the fix might have been a simple delete of a cell and shift things up (but then items
    entered after the mistake would be wrong.)
    This is a known problem with both the "Nominated" and "Seconded" columns. See my comments below:

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    FFS! Okay, so who just went into the spreadsheet and moved things about? The list of names who have "Seconded" is now all fucked up and completely out of sync to the corresponding movie scene!!!

I have just corrected more than half a dozen names that have been misplaced due to the new changes, but I know there are more mistakes in there. Considering I have only just finished spending over an hour updating the spreadsheet, I don't want to have to trawl through the entire thread again to correct this new mess...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    In the revision history all those changes were made April 14, at 5:53PM EST. Should I change it back?
    No, don't do that! If you do, you will also probably undo all the fixes I made to the list too, and it took me well over an hour to make all those amendments.

I've already corrected most of the member names, that were misplaced in the nomination and seconded columns, so it's okay to leave it as it is. I can correct any further mistakes as I find them, with less hassle than resetting things.
    I've just updated the nominations/seconds/thirds on the spreadsheet that were made between Post #602 and Post #621.

When I get the chance, I will go through the spreadsheet in depth to correct all the remaining misplaced names in the "nomination" and "seconded" columns.
    I will be working on correcting both columns later today, so don't panic.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #14

Say Hello to My Little Friend
    Scarface
    De Palma

Spoiler

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I would like to THIRD the Joker Interrogation Scene from The Dark Knight

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nomination #14

Say Hello to My Little Friend
    Scarface
    De Palma

Spoiler
    WOW... a classic. HARD second on this one!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nom #13

SPLIT
    "THE LAST 30 SECONDS"
    M. Night Shyamalan

Spoiler:
    I was flat out blown away. There is nothing on Youtube yet but never has a movie made me lose it like this with surprise. The fact that he knew he was going to do this over 15 years ago in itself... is BRILLIANT. Best film of the last couple yars for me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

O Captain, my Captain! - Dead Poets Society
    Spoiler:

If you don't get chills watching this scene, you're dead inside.
    Having never actually watched this movie, this scene would be a lot better if I had any sort of context for it. I know of the movie, but just watching the clip by itself doesn't do much for me. I have no idea who any of the characters are, what they mean to each other, the meaning behind their coordinated gesture or why the character that Robin Williams is playing appears to be leaving.

It's a bit of an inherent problem for a tournament like this. The movie tournaments suffered from the same thing.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Spoiler:

Having never actually watched this movie, this scene would be a lot better if I had any sort of context for it. I know of the movie, but just watching the clip by itself doesn't do much for me. I have no idea who any of the characters are, what they mean to each other, the meaning behind their coordinated gesture or why the character that Robin Williams is playing appears to be leaving.

It's a bit of an inherent problem for a tournament like this. The movie tournaments suffered from the same thing.
    I think that's why my favorite scenes tend to be more visually oriented. They can stand out on their own without the need for a relationship to the characters. There are some good dialog scenes that I like, but they're also from films that I love and I have a love for the characters. But out of context I can see why others might not feel the same thing.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'll Third the Exploding Head from Scanners
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Problem? That's the greatest part of these tournaments. You now have a film that should have vaulted up your must watch list.

I always thought Dead Poets Society was required viewing for high school classes. That's the first time I saw it.

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Problem? That's the greatest part of these tournaments. You now have a film that should have vaulted up your must watch list.

I always thought Dead Poets Society was required viewing for high school classes. That's the first time I saw it.
    I have to agree with ya.... I am always looking for great films I never seen before... this is defiantly helping in that regard!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Nobody go into the spreadsheet for a while please? I'm going to go through the entire thread, and correct the misplaced names in the "Nominated" and "Seconded" columns. Any simultaneous amendments that are made to the spreadsheet whilst I am fixing it, may fuck things up.

I will post here when I have finished.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Spoiler:

I might get around to it someday. Eventually. But highly unlikely that it will be before this tournament concludes. When I looked at the spreadsheet earlier over half of the scenes that are officially in are from movies I haven't seen.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'll Third the Exploding Head from Scanners
    Wait I can't remember.. did you watch that movie based on my recommendation or had you already seen it?

Country
    Country Flag

Nobody go into the spreadsheet for a while please? I'm going to go through the entire thread, and correct the misplaced names in the "Nominated" and "Seconded" columns. Any simultaneous amendments that are made to the spreadsheet whilst I am fixing it, may fuck things up.

Right, I have just finished trawling through the original thread and this one in their entirety, to fix the issue of misplaced names in the "Nominated" and "Seconded" columns. This issue has now been fixed and all the names are correct (it took me over 2 hours to do), so please be careful when editing the spreadsheet from this point on.

I have also updated the spreadsheet to include all Nominations/Seconds/Thirds that were made between Post #638 and Post #650.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Right, I have just finished trawling through the original thread and this one in their entirety, to fix the issue of misplaced names in the "Nominated" and "Seconded" columns. This issue has now been fixed and all the names are correct (it took me over 2 hours to do), so please be careful when editing the spreadsheet from this point on.

I have also updated the spreadsheet to include all Nominations/Seconds/Thirds that were made between Post #638 and Post #650.
    Wow! Thanks, T-Dogz. That's a huge task. I'd still like to know what happened. One moment it was fine, the next it wasn't.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah thanks man!!! GOOD JOB TIM!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Thanks, TDogz.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #13

Ok, so many scene from this movie I could have gone with, and its sad that on a SK forum site, no one has nominated something from it.

Scene: "What the hell is goofy?"
    Movie: Stand by Me
    Year: 1986
    Director: Rob Reiner
    Spoiler: No, - (Goofy's species is not revealed in this scene)

Spoiler:

Also thought about the following scenes: "Train!!!!", "sick balls", "lard ass hogan", "leaches!!!", the end scene with Richard Dryfuss, "biggest one in five counties" .... etc.

Seconding: (Frik) "You Shall Not Pass!" - LOTR: The Fellowship of The Ring (third)

If you include the above 3rd, I have seen the movies of 33 of the nominations, seen the scene but not the move of 4, and never seen 15. Not bad so far.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Thanks, T-Dogz. That's a huge task. I'd still like to know what happened. One moment it was fine, the next it wasn't.

Thanks again to T-Dogz.

Again I suspect the issue was caused by deleting a cell. It usually asks what you want to do, and one of the options is to shift everything up. If that was done and everything in column A was shifted up, then column A and B would no longer align. Just a theory.

BTW, I started to toy around with making the entries be links to the scene. I did that with a couple of mine. You can tell if it is underlined. Was trying to figure out how to make the text turn a different color but didn't have success. It also get complicated if the scene is split between multiple clips. Maybe in those cases could link to the post rather then the youtube video. Let me know what you think.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast