Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Got it to work. Never knew how to place a clip-with-spoiler....

sk

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    My Second Nomination
    Wanna know how I got these scars?
    The Dark Knight
    Nolan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6LWmD9YRpU
    My first 2nd... Why so serious son??? Love it
    Actually I think someone else seconded this, so you are a third, so I don't think you have to count this against your 2nds do you?
    I think he is only the 2nd. You wanna 3rd? I think it will be the only official entry then!
    Oh, I saw your post right after your nomination, that said "SECOND THIS BAD ASS SCENE! ", and thought it was a second, not a request for a 2nd, didn't even notice you were replying to your own post. D'oh.

Ok, I haven't seen any rules on when or how often you can 3rd an entry, so I will go ahead and 3rd it.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Oh, I saw your post right after your nomination, that said "SECOND THIS BAD ASS SCENE! ", and thought it was a second, not a request for a 2nd, didn't even notice you were replying to your own post. D'oh.
    Kris was seconding the movie scene from Braveheart that I nominated, not requesting a second for his own nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Nomination # 2

Scene: Battle of Stirling Freedom Speech
    Film: Braveheart
    Director: Mel Gibson
    Year : 1995
    Spoiler: None

Video (in spoiler tags) to follow....

I cannot upload videos whilst using a mobile phone.
    SECOND THIS BAD ASS SCENE!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Did we ever define a cap on the length of a scene? I have one in mind but I can only find the entire thing as 3 separate videos and about 9 minutes total.

Also I know a certain Star Wars scene was brought up as an example of a scene that is interspersed with other happenings in the movie. There is a video on YT that splices the entire scene together into one video. Is that allowed?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #1

Scene Name: Alien Chest Scene
    Name of film: Alien
    Name of director: Ridley Scott
    Year of release: 1979

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't figure out how to embed this link

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    You just need to remove the s in https when pitting it into the Insert Video thing.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    You just need to remove the s in https when pitting it into the Insert Video thing.
    I don't think I know what the Insert Video thing is...

Edit - found it but let's see if I can figure it out.... YES! It worked! Thanks!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Did we ever define a cap on the length of a scene? I have one in mind but I can only find the entire thing as 3 separate videos and about 9 minutes total.

Also I know a certain Star Wars scene was brought up as an example of a scene that is interspersed with other happenings in the movie. There is a video on YT that splices the entire scene together into one video. Is that allowed?
    There is no time cap on a SINGLE scene that can be nominated. Be careful though, some long scenes are actually sequences, and thus exempt from entry....

Regarding the Star Wars scene you have in mind, I can't see any reason why it would be a pronlem to nominate it.

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 3

Scene: The Sicilian Scene
    Film: True Romance
    Director: Tony Scott
    Year : 1993

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nomination #1

I second this

Also where is Matt? You guys, we're supposed to wait 5 nomination/seconds before nominating again, not just posts. It's ok if goes slow for awhile. I'm sure if it's going too slow then we'll increase the wait period.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

My 3rd Nom.. AND in honor of our site a little bit... haha
    Whats in the box?
    Se7en
    David Fincher
    SPOILER if you have not seen it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1giVzxyoclE
    Does this nomination count?

If so I SECOND this.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so I guess I'm first up....

Nomination # 1

Scene: Opening Barracks Scene - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
    Film: Full Metal Jacket
    Director: Stanley Kubrick
    Year : 1987

#1 second

sk

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Wish I had the time to participate in this. I'll be following along. Hopefully Lebowski makes an appearance.

Country
    Country Flag

Whats in the box?
    Se7en
    David Fincher

If so I SECOND this.
    If we count Kris's nomination as being made just now, then yes.

Kris, you have to wait for 5 nominations from this point to nominate again, buddy! LOL!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whats in the box?
    Se7en
    David Fincher

If so I SECOND this.
    If we count Kris's nomination as being made just now, then yes.

Kris, you have to wait for 5 nominations from this point to nominate again, buddy! LOL!
    LOL Im ready now.. so hurry up guys!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Nomination #1

I second this

Also where is Matt? You guys, we're supposed to wait 5 nomination/seconds before nominating again, not just posts. It's ok if goes slow for awhile. I'm sure if it's going too slow then we'll increase the wait period.
    #1 I third it

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

#2 NOMINATION

Godfather III
    Opera scene
    https://youtu.be/QyaDlIirJnw
    I think this is the best bit of acting by Pacino ever .. and not a single word....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like NO one is seconding the Matrix scene? NUTS!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #1

My first nomination is the birthday dinner scene from East of Eden. Such a powerful moment.

Scene: Birthday Dinner
    Film: East of Eden
    Director: Elia Kazan
    Year of release: 1955
    Spoiler:
    #2Second

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #1

My first nomination is the birthday dinner scene from East of Eden. Such a powerful moment.

Scene: Birthday Dinner
    Film: East of Eden
    Director: Elia Kazan
    Year of release: 1955
    Spoiler:
    #2Second
    Still Servant already seconded this and unfortunately, you already seconded the movie scene from Seven, and cannot do so again until a further 4 people have seconded something.

The movie scene above could be thirded, but the rules for thirding are the same as seconding. People either choose to second or third, not both.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Scene Name: Llorando
    Name of film: Mulholland Drive
    Name of director: David Lynch
    Year of release: 2001
    What number of nomination it is for you: 1
    Link:
    Last edited by mattgreenbean; 03-14-2017 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Put in spoiler
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #3: Booking scene from See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989), directed by Arthur Hiller:

Another all-time funniest scene in a movie full of them. This has always been a highlight. Perfect deadpan timing. The interrogation scene is another classic, but this one just edges it out.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Scene: Samara's idea of watching tv
    Film: The Ring
    Director: Gore Verbinski
    Year of release:2002

1st nomination

Country
    Country Flag

They don't come much better than this:

nomination #2

scene: finale
    film: King Kong
    director: Merian C. Cooper/Ernest B. Schoedsack
    year: 1933

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast