Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm most likely out of order, but this scene should be under consideration....................

Spoiler:

Director: Quentin Tarantino
    Title: Pulp Fiction
    Year: 2013

IDK why you seem to need that info, but there ya go.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    It's not a scene from an actual film. It's several scenes from Star Wars with Snatch dialogue in place of Vaders, edited by someone who didn't direct either film. I shouldn't have to explain this.
    It's a comedy montage. There is nothing in your rules that prohibits montages. Comedy or otherwise.

Yes it's edited by someone who didn't direct either film. That's because Editors and Directors are different job roles, and therefore carried out by different people. I shouldn't have to explain this.
    It's greatest movie scene, not internet edit of movie scenes.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm most likely out of order, but this scene should be under consideration....................

Spoiler:

Ooops there were only 3 nominations/seconds since your last one, Bill.

Drone strike imminent....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope RF is nowhere near...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not a scene from an actual film. It's several scenes from Star Wars with Snatch dialogue in place of Vaders, edited by someone who didn't direct either film. I shouldn't have to explain this.
    It's a comedy montage. There is nothing in your rules that prohibits montages. Comedy or otherwise.

Yes it's edited by someone who didn't direct either film. That's because Editors and Directors are different job roles, and therefore carried out by different people. I shouldn't have to explain this.

And in all the great films from 1900 until now, you nominate, Zoolander? ARE. YOU. FUCKING. KIDDING. ME?????? lol lol

His belongs here more than your nomination. At least it was funny. Zoolander? OMFG!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I hope RF is nowhere near...
    Is that a veiled threat? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Your rules do not prohibit the nomination.

2. It has been officially and correctly seconded.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Zoolander is hilarious.

Your nomination does not count T-Dogz. It's not a scene film. It's an unoriginal edit of Star Wars which has been done in all different forms with all different dialogues. End of discussion.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as I am well reasoned, articulate, somewhat polite and obviously right. No drone strike, RF strike or anything alse can touch me. Believe it or not, I AM entitled to my opinion and that is all that I have stated. Carry on with your farce if you wish, but "Zoolander" does not qualify IMHO. It's obviously a joke. Much as you categorized, T-Dogz' submission. Get real, will ya?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Then don't second it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Then don't second it.
    It should not be a valid nomination, unless you are trying to manipulate things herein.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Zoolander is hilarious.

Your nomination does not count T-Dogz. It's not a scene film. It's an unoriginal edit of Star Wars which has been done in all different forms with all different dialogues. End of discussion.
    It's the first and original 'edit' of Star Wars. You obviously know very little about this.

You might not like the scene, but it has been seconded. The entries to this tournament are decided democratically - not by a petty, jumped up, self appointed dictator with delusions of grandeur.

"End of discussion"? You really need to get over yourself, Mattrick.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Your opinion of the quality of any nominated scene is irrelevant.

T-Dogz, it's not a part of an actual film, therefore it is not a nomination. End of discussion version 2.0.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Then don't second it.

Not for nothing, and I am a partial bystander, you start this thing, screw it up, restart it and then disappear for days on end. Then, you presumably get others to "pinch hit" for you and then magically show up and declare things "unacceptable"? What the Hell?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been monitoring it. Regardless if I am here every day or not, I'm still running the tournament. When something that isn't even an actual scene from an actual film gets nominated, it gets redacted, because it doesn't comply with the primary point of this tournament: Greatest movie scene. An edit of a scene made for parody on the internet does not qualify. It's as simple as that. It's not in the rules because it should go without saying.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 12

Scene: Brick Vader
    Movie: Snatch Wars
    Year: 2008
    Director: Guy Ritchie / George Lucas
    Spoilers: No

Meet Brick Vader, London's Lord of the Sith. A pig obsessed, forever angry, foul mouthed cyborg who calls everyone Harold and dishes out dead body disposal tips to anyone who will listen.

Totally thirded!!! That was f'n hilarious

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Spoiler:

Seconded. I quote that scene a lot

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spreadsheet updated. With all the shenanigans it's going to be confusing in terms of who posted last, so here is the order of the last five members to nom/second

webstar
    Sai Sheb
    Mattrick
    amd013
    Pablo

Country
    Country Flag

Just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been monitoring it.
    You have been doing neither. Yet again, you have dissapeared for more than a week without word or apology. And in that time, participants have been forced to self monitor the Google Sheet that Still Servant created.

Regardless if I am here every day or not, I'm still running the tournament.
    The only thing you are running, is your mouth. You have done NOTHING regarding administering this tournament, instead relying on others to do the work for you (Heather19 and Still Servant).

When something that isn't even an actual scene from an actual film gets nominated, it gets redacted, because it doesn't comply with the primary point of this tournament: Greatest movie scene.
    Star Wars is an actual film.

An edit of a scene made for parody on the internet does not qualify. It's as simple as that.
    You should take note of your own words below....

Your opinion of the quality of any nominated scene is irrelevant.
    Your opinion is irrelevant. Democracy rules and the scene has been "officially" seconded. It's as simple as that.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Spreadsheet updated. With all the shenanigans it's going to be confusing in terms of who posted last, so here is the order of the last five members to nom/second
    XC
    webstar
    Sai Sheb
    Mattrick
    amd013
    Pablo
    Sorry but i'll admit to not reading the novel at the beginning so don't know the rules, but why aren't the ones I nominated on the list above?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

T-Dogz nomination wasn't applicable. Merlin didn't officially nominate so I didn't add that in.

Country
    Country Flag

And I note that "Brick Vader" just received an official and correctly posted "third".

Country
    Country Flag

T-Dogz nomination wasn't applicable. Merlin didn't officially nominate so I didn't add that in.
    You can try to manipulate the results all you want. Participants have spoken and they have chosen to second and third the nomination.

Democracy rules!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

And I note it doesn't count. Sorry.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post

Sorry but i'll admit to not reading the novel at the beginning so don't know the rules, but why aren't the ones I nominated on the list above?
    He won't recognize your "third" because he simply doesn't like it. He is trying to turn this entire tournament into his own little private circle jerk.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast