Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Okay, so then the second for CHL is good?
    Yeah, it's all good brother!
    I don't want to be that guy, but I don't see an official Nomination for the Cool Hand Luke scene.

I see needfulthings making a post responding to the confusion with some of the bookkeeping on the online doc.

Exactly, how "official" would you like it? This is a really stupid exercise.!!!!!!
    Do you seriously not see how people are formatting their posts for an official nomination? I'm honestly curious. Are you using a computer from 1974 that just outputs code or something?

I want to know if needfulthings was intending to nominate the film or if it was just a commentary on the confusing situation at hand, hence the meme from Cool Hand Luke that states, "What we have here is failure to communicate." Can you see my point?

You refuse to participate even remotely in a uniform fashion and you're constantly taking shots at the tournament.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I suggest we change the rules for nominations/seconds. I posted a nomination about 24hrs ago, and since then there has been 2 seconds, one of which has been called into question. So either this tournament is dead, or we need to do something to keep it moving. (after about 23 days we have 24 entry's that are in, and we are slowing way down on the process).

Why don't we just give everyone a daily limit, and who cares how many posts come between. I suggest at a minimum everyone be given 2 nominations and 2 seconds per day, and maybe as many as 4 noms and 5 seconds a day, and if they want to put them in the same post then so be it. (although maybe one Nomination per post would be good so they don't get lost in the noise).

When this tournament first started I was hoping to post 3 times a day, once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once in the evening. Now I am too busy at work, so one post in the evening is all I really have time for, so it would be nice to do more then debate between seconding some one elses, or picking one of my own.

Just my $.02
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in agreement with that. Matt mentioned something a while back about tweaking some of the rules, but we never revisited it. I think the nomination process has been going on long enough that we have a handle on who is participating the most, as well as how many people are participating.

A limit of 3 per day seems like a sweet spot to me. To clarify, would the 3 per day limit be a combination of seconds and nominations or is it 3 nominations per day and 3 seconds?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I BELIEVE I WAS VERY CLEAR THAT I WOULD ONLY BE MAKING ONE NOMINNATION FOR BEST SCENE In what has now turned into a real life "WHO ON FIRST?"
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    I will only be making one nomination for BEST SCENE...It was directed by one of the worlds best known & respected directors & has to be one of the most complicated going from day to night with clouds floating across the skyline & the city lights turning on (and all before CGI) plus this scene presumably starts from the films opening title until the end title card in a single take.
    So my NOMINATION FOR BEST SCENE is......
    Spoiler:

plus walls had to be moved during shooting so the camera could roam around the set. I assume in todays digital age he would have shoot it in a single take.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Can I suggest we change the rules for nominations/seconds. I posted a nomination about 24hrs ago, and since then there has been 2 seconds, one of which has been called into question. So either this tournament is dead, or we need to do something to keep it moving. (after about 23 days we have 24 entry's that are in, and we are slowing way down on the process).

Why don't we just give everyone a daily limit, and who cares how many posts come between. I suggest at a minimum everyone be given 2 nominations and 2 seconds per day, and maybe as many as 4 noms and 5 seconds a day, and if they want to put them in the same post then so be it. (although maybe one Nomination per post would be good so they don't get lost in the noise).

When this tournament first started I was hoping to post 3 times a day, once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once in the evening. Now I am too busy at work, so one post in the evening is all I really have time for, so it would be nice to do more then debate between seconding some one elses, or picking one of my own.

Just my $.02
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm in agreement with that. Matt mentioned something a while back about tweaking some of the rules, but we never revisited it. I think the nomination process has been going on long enough that we have a handle on who is participating the most, as well as how many people are participating.

A limit of 3 per day seems like a sweet spot to me. To clarify, would the 3 per day limit be a combination of seconds and nominations or is it 3 nominations per day and 3 seconds?
    I would recommend a limit of 3 nominations AND 3 seconds per day.

Considering that after 3 weeks we have only 24 confirmed entries, I think it's about time we scrap the necessity to "third" movie scenes. If a scene has been seconded, then it's in. Doing this would instantly add an additional 37 movie scenes to the official entry tally, and closer to the 256 scenes this tournament requires.

I also think we should scrap or at the very least, increase the cap on nominations and seconds. A total cap of only 15 nominations per participant and 25 seconds, is not realistic considering where we are with official entries at the moment.

And for the record, this is not an attempt to "usurp" the thread.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly guys, if we just stick to the rules and nominate/second/third everything will move along just fine.
    It's the deviating from that slowes things down and makes things at times a bit confusing (and frustrating!).

sk

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 11

Scene: Little Mincey Faggot Balls
    Movie: Snatch
    Year: 2000
    Director: Guy Ritchie
    Spoilers: No

Bullet Tooth Tony: "So, you're obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. Now there are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls...."

Vinny: "These are your last words, so make them a prayer."

Bullet Tooth Tony: "Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they're not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two little mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties muddled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you're having second thoughts. You're shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got 'Replica' written down the side of your guns..."

[Zoom in on the side of Sol's gun, which indeed has "REPLICA" etched on the side; zoom out, as they sneak peeks at the sides of their guns]

Bullet Tooth Tony: "And the fact that I've got 'Desert Eagle point five O'..."

[Withdraws his gun and puts it on the table]

Bullet Tooth Tony: "Written down the side of mine..."

[They look, zoom in on the side of his gun, which indeed has "DESERT EAGLE .50" etched on the side]

Bullet Tooth Tony: "Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence.... Now, fuck off!"

Second # 7... (I think)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Honestly guys, if we just stick to the rules and nominate/second/third everything will move along just fine.
    It's the deviating from that slowes things down and makes things at times a bit confusing (and frustrating!).

sk
    Do you honestly believe that this process is currently moving along just fine the way it is?

The comment that you posted last week, would suggest otherwise....

24 hours without a single nomination/second/third....
    What's going on, guys??

sk
    At present, you only have 3 nominations left to make. Pablo has only 1, amd013 has 6, Webstar has 5 and I have 4. Once we have reached our limit of 15 nominations, and at the rate movie scenes are currently being seconded/thirded, there just won't be the numbers needed to reach anywhere near the 256 official entries.

The few participants that remain will then find it extremely difficult to either nominate or second anything, due to not being able to wait for 5 other people to nominate/second. We cannot second our own nominations, and I'm not about to second anything just for the sake of allowing someone to nominate. Unless something is done now to rectify the situation, this tournament will fail.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

At this point I can't even tell how many noms/seconds have been made since my last one. I *think* there have been 5 but I'm not 100% sure.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can I make another? lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    At this point I can't even tell how many noms/seconds have been made since my last one. I *think* there have been 5 but I'm not 100% sure.
    I just checked through the thread. There has only been 4 confirmed nominations/seconds since you made your last one.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Can I make another? lol
    There has only been 3 since your last one. LOL!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just checked through the thread. There has only been 4 confirmed nominations/seconds since you made your last one.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Can I make another? lol
    There has only been 3 since your last one. LOL!
    Ugggg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I missed one. Iwritecode can now nominate/second.

Kris, there has now been 4 noms/seconds since your last one.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nomination #13

Most likely to be ignored between numerous modern-day CGI, but as far as I'm concerned, a still jaw-dropping effects sequence!

scene: clock tower stunt
    film: Safety Last
    director: Fred C. Newmeyer, Sam Taylor
    year: 1923

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

nomination #9

scene: Clark's bonus
    film: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    director: John Hughes
    year: 1989

Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

nomination #13

Most likely to be ignored between numerous modern-day CGI, but as far as I'm concerned, a still jaw-dropping effects sequence!

I agree.. for 1923 that was amazing!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Nom# 11... I watched this movie again a couple weeks ago and was amazed at the intensity of this scene. One of the best with no special effects.. no action.. just plain uncomfortable.

No Country for Old Men
    Coin Toss Scene
    Ethan Coen, Joel Coen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLCL6OYbSTw
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #3

Scene: I Drink Your Milkshake
    Movie: There Will Be Blood
    Director: Paul Thomas Anderson
    Year: 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_hFTR6qyEo

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nomination #13

Second #3

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Second #9

Obi-Wan vs. Anakin - Revenge of the Sith
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

At the rate we are going now, we might have all the nominations in by the end of the year...
    Well here's another one....

NOMINATION # 7

Scene: Leadership Speech
    Movie: Scent of a Woman
    Year: 1992
    Director: Martin Brest
    Spoilers: None

A truly stunning performance that would earn Al Pacino the Academy Award for Best Actor, the speech in this scene talks as much to leadership as any class at an Ivy league university. Both Mesmerizing and spectacular in its delivery, This is undoubtedly one of the greatest - if not THE greatest oratory moments in the history of cinema. Hoo-ah!

The full scene was not available, so I had to upload the entire movie. The scene starts at 2:12:20 and finishes at 2:28:41.

Second
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Second #9

Obi-Wan vs. Anakin - Revenge of the Sith
    Third #13

sk

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Second #8 (Third) Showdown at House of Blue Leaves - Kill Bill
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Second #8 (Third) Showdown at House of Blue Leaves - Kill Bill

nomination #10

scene: 3 questions
    film: Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    director: Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones
    year: 1975

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast