Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is going a bit slower than I thought it would...

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Redacting the below as it was a premature nomination, renominated it in a later post. (clips removed to save bandwidth)
    Nomination #2:

Scene: The Duck of Death
    Film: Unforgiven
    Director: Clint Eastwood
    Year : 1992
    Spoiler: None

I feel this video ends before the scene is really over and couldn't find a clip that had the whole thing. This next clip seems to pick up where the first one ended, and I think the first 1:25 of it should be included as part of the scene.

Unfortunately the quality of this clip is not that great.

Unforgiven is one of my favorite movies, really want to second Bill's scene from Unforgiven, but not sure the nomination counts since he didn't follow the 5 post rule.
    Last edited by amd013; 03-14-2017 at 07:42 AM. Reason: explained in post
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally, a tournament I can get behind! Expect my noms soon, after serious consideration.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Nomination #2:

I feel this video ends before the scene is really over and couldn't find a clip that had the whole thing. This next clip seems to pick up where the first one ended, and I think the first 1:25 of it should be included as part of the scene.

Unforgiven is one of my favorite movies, really want to second Bill's scene from Unforgiven, but not sure the nomination counts since he didn't follow the 5 post rule.
    Unfortunately, you haven't followed the five post rule either....

There has been only 2 other nominations made, since you posted your 'USS Indianapolis speech' nomination from Jaws.

Bill hasn't yet made a formal nomination on one of the five videos he posted, so none of them count yet.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt needs to visit and clean things up.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Matt needs to visit and clean things up.
    + 1

Mattrick certainly does need to visit! I also think he needs to re-evaluate the 5 nomination post rule, as this is slower than an Eastenders plotline!

I have to say, I'm surprised you haven't nominated a movie scene yet, Mike. I thought you of all people would be all over this?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

I have to say, I'm surprised you haven't nominated a movie scene yet, Mike. I thought you of all people would be all over this?
    Indeed I'm itching to start nominating. However, I have a strategy. I think that's one of the reasons we are off to a slow start. I think some people are implementing the same strategy and others are a little gun shy because they're a little confused on the nominating/seconding process.

Matt should have kicked us off by nominating a film himself so we could see an example and have a template to work from. We're off to a slow start, but we will sort things out and all will be right.

That said, I'm sticking to my strategy. We each only have 15 nominations (which might not be enough, by the way when you take into consideration the amount of "regulars" we have) so I don't want to nominate a film I know others are going to nominate. I'd rather save my nominations for my favorite scenes that others might not be thinking about.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Indeed I'm itching to start nominating. However, I have a strategy. I think that's one of the reasons we are off to a slow start. I think some people are implementing the same strategy and others are a little gun shy because they're a little confused on the nominating/seconding process.

Matt should have kicked us off by nominating a film himself so we could see an example and have a template to work from. We're off to a slow start, but we will sort things out and all will be right.

That said, I'm sticking to my strategy. We each only have 15 nominations (which might not be enough, by the way when you take into consideration the amount of "regulars" we have) so I don't want to nominate a film I know others are going to nominate. I'd rather save my nominations for my favorite scenes that others might not be thinking about.
    I think you should start with nominating one of your 'favourite scenes' for now and not worry about the obvious choices that other people will make.

The limit of 15 nominations, will in all likelihood, be increased due the fact that there are only about 10 'regular' contributors to these tournaments. From the (approx) 150 nominations that will be made by the 'regulars' only around half (or fewer) will be seconded. That total is a long way off from Mattrick's goal of having 256 movie scene entries.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nom 1:

Scene: Germans Bomb Pearl Harbor
    Film: Animal House
    Director: John Landis
    Year : 1978

Country
    Country Flag

Just a thought, but all nominated movie scenes should be embedded within Spoiler Tags, otherwise the sheer volume of videos on this thread will play havoc with the server.

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 2

Scene: Battle of Stirling Freedom Speech
    Film: Braveheart
    Director: Mel Gibson
    Year : 1995

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Second Nomination
    Wanna know how I got these scars?
    The Dark Knight
    Nolan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6LWmD9YRpU
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 2

Scene: Battle of Stirling Freedom Speech
    Film: Braveheart
    Director: Mel Gibson
    Year : 1995

Video (in spoiler tags) to follow....

I cannot upload videos whilst using a mobile phone.
    SECOND THIS BAD ASS SCENE!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #1
    Little shop of horrors
    Bill Murray dentist scene

https://youtu.be/KJ-6TCPdbl0

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #1
    Jurassic Park - Lunch Debate - 1993
    Steven Spielberg

Spoiler:

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    My Second Nomination
    The Dark Knight
    Nolan

My first 2nd... Why so serious son??? Love it

Country
    Country Flag

My 3rd Nom.. AND in honor of our site a little bit... haha
    Whats in the box?
    Se7en
    David Fincher
    SPOILER if you have not seen it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1giVzxyoclE
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, since it was pointed out my nomination of this was premature (although I interpreted Bill's thumbsup as a second, and there was another 2nd of that movie, and 2 other noms, one with a second, so I considered that 5 posts),
    I am reapplying the nomination to make it official/legal.

Nomination #2:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Whats in the box?
    Se7en
    David Fincher

Kris, you need to wait for 5 nominations to be made before you can nominate again. There has only been 2 nominations between your last one.

Country
    Country Flag

Whats in the box?
    Se7en
    David Fincher

Kris, you need to wait for 5 nominations to be made before you can nominate again. There has only been 2 nominations between your last one.
    Really? Man there is a lot of rules. I thought I could only make 5 myself. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think there have been five since my first:

Nomination #2: Hotel lobby scene from The Graduate (1967), directed by Mike Nichols

One of the funniest scenes of all times, this is when cringe humor started!

Country
    Country Flag

Where the fuck is Mattrick?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    My Second Nomination
    The Dark Knight
    Nolan

Actually I think someone else seconded this, so you are a third, so I don't think you have to count this against your 2nds do you?
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nomination #1

scene: from bone to satellite
    film: 2001: A Space Odyssey
    director: Stanley Kubrick
    year: 1968

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    My Second Nomination
    The Dark Knight
    Nolan

Actually I think someone else seconded this, so you are a third, so I don't think you have to count this against your 2nds do you?
    I think he is only the 2nd. You wanna 3rd? I think it will be the only official entry then!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast