Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These scenes need urgent "seconding"...

This scene needs "thirding"...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

SECONDED You just can't beat... Tony Scott or Quentin Tarantino!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second #4

The Battle of Hoth - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

sk

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    RUBE Nom.1
    Hallway Scene
    The Shining
    Stanley Kubrick
    Second #5
    Last edited by Sai Sheb; 03-22-2017 at 01:19 AM. Reason: I'm a doppy bollox

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I wish I could add all of the hallway steadicam scenes together as one but I figured that wasn't allowed. Instead I went with the "Come play with us" scene. Too bad I can't post a damn video.

I will probably add the "Honey, Darling, Light of My Life" scene as well if I can ever figure this out.
    Is this the scene you mean?
    Spoiler:
    Yes, thank you.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    These scenes need urgent "seconding"...

This scene needs "thirding"...

Braveheart FOR SURE brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seconded!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I wish I could add all of the hallway steadicam scenes together as one but I figured that wasn't allowed. Instead I went with the "Come play with us" scene. Too bad I can't post a damn video.

I will probably add the "Honey, Darling, Light of My Life" scene as well if I can ever figure this out.
    Copy the url to the video for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79p57JJrMwo

Click this button --->

When the dialog box comes up, paste the URL but take out the 'S' in 'https'. So it should look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79p57JJrMwo

If you want it in a spoiler box, highlight the text and click this button:
    This is exactly what I was doing but it just showed the URL instead of the actual video. I am going to blame my phone and next time try doing it on a computer.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, this spoiler seems to do a better job of hiding videos so they don't all load at the same time as the page. It will ask you for a description, and you can just enter a space or the word "Spoiler" or "Video".

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Nomination #3

Scene: Independence Day Speech
    Film: Independence Day
    Director: Roland Emmerich
    Year: 1996

Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    RUBE Nom.1
    Hallway Scene
    The Shining
    Stanley Kubrick
    Second #5
    Thirded (Second #6)
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Scene Name: Dance Scene
    Name of film: Napoleon Dynamite
    Name of director: Jared Hess
    Year of release: 2004
    Spoiler: none
    What number of nomination it is for you: 4
    Link:
    Spoiler:

"That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will second that Napoleon scene just as soon as I'm able

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Can I second the Untouchables Bat scene and the Braveheart Opening Speech?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Can I second the Untouchables Bat scene and the Braveheart Opening Speech?
    One at a time....
    And with five other nominations/seconds in between

sk

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Can we get an update to the page one posts. I think it has been more than 3 days since it was last updated, and still don't have the links to the clips yet. Hard for me to decide what to second/third based on this.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #7

John Wick
    The Club Scene
    Chad Stahelski, David Leitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9-RkVZvB-c
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Second # I don't know

Assuming it hasn't already been thirded.

Pyscho shower scene.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Can we get an update to the page one posts. I think it has been more than 3 days since it was last updated, and still don't have the links to the clips yet. Hard for me to decide what to second/third based on this.
    Heather posted most here:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1050882

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A majority of the noms/seconds happened in the past 24 hours. I'll update later today.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

nomination #9

film: (Horror of) Dracula
    scene: Dracula death scene
    director: Terence Fisher
    year: 1958

The best scene from a Hammer movie ever. Of course, with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.
    Sheer perfection.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Copy the url to the video for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79p57JJrMwo

Click this button --->

When the dialog box comes up, paste the URL but take out the 'S' in 'https'. So it should look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79p57JJrMwo

If you want it in a spoiler box, highlight the text and click this button:
    This is exactly what I was doing but it just showed the URL instead of the actual video. I am going to blame my phone and next time try doing it on a computer.
    Make sure you take out the 'S' in 'https'. That's probably what the problem was/is.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I did.

Like I said, I will try it from a real computer next time and see what happens.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #10: The Omaha beach sequence from Saving Private Ryan (1998), directed by Steven Spielberg:

Still tough to watch all these years later.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Nomination #10: The Omaha beach sequence from Saving Private Ryan (1998), directed by Steven Spielberg:

Second #1

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

This is a great scene but I still have a problem with the way they portrayed those bullets are zipping through the water. Mythbusters did an episode on it once and they should have shattered within a couple of feet in the water.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast