Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nomination #2

Touch of Evil Opening Scene
    Director: Orson Welles
    Spoiler:
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I still think we should keep the nominations at 15 per person for now and let more members get their nominations seen. It can always be increased later on if need be.
    I have kept the wait time between nominations at 5, for the very reason of allowing more members the opportunity to take part. The increase of nominations allowed has no detrimental affect on other people's ability to participate. The wait time ensures the pace remains slow enough to give everybody a fair and equal chance to nominate their chosen movie scenes.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Nomination #2

Touch of Evil Opening Scene
    Director: Orson Welles
    Spoiler:
    I don't know what it is... I just cannot get by the "feel" or "look" of old movies. I cannot stand them Sorry I do hope you get your second though!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    My 4th Nom
    First Meeting of Hannibal Lector
    The Silence of the Lambs
    Jonathan Demme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU8jKn7sMwU
    # 3

Seconded.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My 5th Nom
    Raiders Opening Scene
    Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Steven Spielberg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC1ikwQ5Zgc
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Scene Name: Transformation
    Name of film: An American Werewolf in London
    Name of director: John Landis
    Year of release: 1981
    Spoiler: None
    What number of nomination it is for you: 2
    Link:
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gets to me every time I watch this movie:

nomination #5

name scene: death of Bonnie and Clyde
    name movie: Bonnie and Clyde
    Name of director: Arthur Penn
    year: 1967

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, if you want to search only this thread to see if a scene from a movie has already been nominated, you can do that with the search thread button at the top of the page, directly under the page buttons.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    FYI, if you want to search only this thread to see if a scene from a movie has already been nominated, you can do that with the search thread button at the top of the page, directly under the page buttons.
    I never knew that feature existed - Thanks!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #3

Film Ace Ventura
    Scene. Mental hospital.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Link:
    Wish you had chosen the bar scene on edge O' Moors... still hope you get a second...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread REDUX

Greatest Movie Scene - Google Doc of Nominated Scenes

Well, I unplug for a day and everything goes to hell! The original thread will be locked any time now, so this will take it's place. I'll be going through the original thread and tabulating the nominations.

Original Thread With The Rules:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20917-Greatest-Movie-Scene-of-All-Time-Nominations-Thread

That is the original thread and the rules. I'll be going through it and transferring valid nominations over, and I'll make a list of those which weren't so they can be used again. I'm going to clutter this with re-posting the rules, but I will clarify a few things.

When you post a nomination or a second: Increase the font size to 3 or 4...make it a different colour...a different and noticeable (and readable) font...when stating what # it is for you. This will allow these posts to stand out so we can easily count for when we can go again.

You don't have to wait for 5 seconds to second a nomination, you just have to wait five nominations OR seconds before you can do either again, yourself. You just have to choose if you'd like to second a nomination or nominate yourself.

Keep in mind it's not a bad idea to second nominations instead of nominating each time. Someone else might nominate a scene you'd like to nominate, and now you can second it: same difference. You have more seconds, anyways, for that reason.

IF you know a movie has been seconded already and want to seal the deal, just state you are thirding it...as this will tell everyone it is officially entered and prevent confusion.

If you nominate/second out of turn, please either delete the post, or STRIKE OUT THE POST SO WE KNOW IT'S BEEN REDACTED

Let's do some math!

Some concern was expressed about there not being enough nominations or seconds. Now, I didn't choose the numbers I did at random just for the fun of it. I calculated specifically.

But what if only 10 people participate? NOT A PROBLEM! In the first 24 hours, we had 16 people nominate, excluding myself, so lets add me in there, for 17:

17x15 = 255 nominations (1 shy of total entries)
    17x20 = 340 seconds (512 seconds requires total)
    Max scenes members can have a hand in being entrants = 35

I know what you're thinking Hey, we're way short on seconds! And right you are! But, that is, like everything, by design. The reason why seconds have that cap is to allow everything to come to a head, and maybe come up short, with a few dozen spots left to fill. This, is so those who haven't participated heavily aren't muscled out by the end. Why should they be punished for not coming on the site for a week?

LET'S DO SOME MORE MATH

With the rules T-Dogz put up in the original thread 25/30 for nominations and seconds respectively, this is what we're at:

17x25 = 425 nominations (This is way too much, close to double the entries, and if 25 people participate that is a cap of 625 nominations, which waaaaay too much).
    17x30 = 510 seconds (this is about right on, and it's not a bad number, but has a cap of 750).
    Max scenes members can have a hand in being entrants = 55 (21% of total entries)
    Second whenever = Why even have a limit?

The problem with the above is negates the ENTIRE POINT of caps to begin with. I explicitly stated when I originally came up with the rules it was to make it impossible for 5 people to essentially decide the whole thing, and T-Dogz rules make that possible. I did the math so that the absolute most one member could do was 13%. The point is to encourage participation from as many people as possible through limiting the influence of members who just sit here waiting to nominate and second, and by elongating the process to give time for other members to partake.

There is a limit on seconds for a very specific reason. If you can just second whenever, it makes having a limit for seconds pointless. This means any person can just go second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second,
    second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second, second...They've hit their cap, it's all good, right? Except that 22 scenes they seconded are now official entries, meaning there is LESS room for those who come LATER. If they have to wait AND choose between seconding a nomination or nominating one themselves, their influence is spread out much more liberally.

Also, the reason we are thirding nominations is yet another fail-safe to prevent a handful of members having to too much influence. At 30 seconds a piece with no gap to wait to second, it basically negates slowing the process down because if 5 members second 30 scenes each and that's it, they've now seconded 150 (58%) of the films and we're literally in the EXACT SAME BOAT AS THE COMEDY TOURNAMENT NOMINATIONS, which was finished in less than four day and the process was dominated by 5 people who accounted for more than 50% of the seconds.

ONCE AGAIN IT'S MATH TIME!!!

At the current limited of 15(noms)/20(seconds) ANDhave to wait FIVE noms/seconds to post again, this is how it works out:

(15+20) x 5 = 175

It would take 175 total nominations/seconds from other people to exhaust all of our nominations. The difference between 30 seconds and 20 seconds at the point is basically null and void.

Chances are we will have more than enough nominated scenes when all is said and done, but we may end up a few dozen entries short, which is, as the broken record says, by design. In this case, depending on how many positions are needed to be filled, more nominations and seconds will be distributed to every member who participates on a 1:4 ratio (1 nomination per 4 seconds), which, at the current 17 members, is an extra 17 nominations and 68 seconds. Though I expect by then we'll have a minimum of 25 participants meaning we'll have 100 seconds. This will reinvigorate the process near the end and will have a set date and time to begin (once the slow-down occurs), so everyone can just go nuts for a day or two to finish it off.

No doubt we will reach a point, most likely in the second week of the process, when all the regular members have exhausted their nominations/seconds, or are waiting too long to post their next one, and the time in between noms/seconds will be decreased to 3, which will speed up the process after giving everyone ample chances to participate.

Yes, this will be a slow process. If you're all AMPED UP and pacing and chewing your fingers down to nubs waiting for your chance to nominate again, you're going to bleed out. This will no doubt take two weeks, maybe even three weeks. Broken record time....it's BY DESIGN.

Please, take a gander at the rules and process again. It really isn't that complicated. You nominate or second a scene. You wait until five people have nominated or seconded a scene, and you do it again. And, as I stated in the original thread....
    BE AWARE.
    BE AWARE OF YOUR COUNTS.

BE AWARE OF WHAT OTHERS POST/NOMINATE/SECOND.

IF SOMEONE NOMINATED/SECONDED OUT OF TURN, KEEP IN MIND IT DOESN'T COUNT, AND IF THAT MEANS ONLY 4 PEOPLE HAVE SUBMITTED, YOU CANNOT GO YET.

BE AWARE OF WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN NOMINATED AND SECONDED...THE LESS DUPLICATE NOMINATIONS/SECONDS WE HAVE, THE SMOOTHER THIS GOES AND THE LESS CONFUSION THERE IS. THE LISTS ON THE FIRST PAGE ARE THERE FOR REFERENCE TO LIMIT SUCH EVENTS TO THE BARE MINIMUM.

FINAL NOTES

---Before you nominate/second, take a moment, double-check it hasn't already been done; double-check you are eligible to post; double-check what #nomination or #second it is for you; double-check you're not seconding a scene which is already officially entered.

---If you notice someone before posted out of turn, make sure everyone knows not to count it...it's the out of turn posts which create a ripple effect going forward.

---The reference lists on the first page will be as up to date as I can keep them. If you notice I haven't been around for a day or so to update them and you are feeling altruistic and want to help me out, make a post with what scenes were nominated/seconded and by who.

---If you are unsure about where we're all currently at during the nomination, ASK BEFORE YOU NOMINATE/SECOND...worst case scenario, you wait 6 or 7 noms/seconds instead of 5, which isn't a big deal.

---Don't sit here, refreshing, waiting for people to post so you can. Leave the site for a bit. Come back. Chances are, then you will be able to post. The very act of front-loading your involvement will only make the second half of the process harder with less people being involved, meaning longer waits for five noms/seconds. It's designed so everyone will be able to participate from start to finish, should they choose to do so. So take your time, be patient, take a day off...this thread will still be going tomorrow.

Okay, I hope this cleared up not just the rules and the process, but the why of the rules and the process. We aren't rushing. Let's take our time, follow the Golden Rule of carpentry, measure twice; cut once, or in this case, double-check things before we post. If someone makes a mistake, politely let them know; if you made a mistake in posting out of turn or redundantly, delete the post or strike the post out so we know it's redacted so we don't include it in our counts.

All the rules are contained in the link to the original thread at the top of the post.

I think I covered everything. If you have questions about a rule or the process ASK before you nominate/second.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

List of Nominated Scenes*

Al Capone's Baseball Bat - The Untouchables
    The Kiss - Ella Undone
    Enter Hannibal Lector - Silence of the Lambs
    Alien Ship Reveal - The Abyss
    Hotel Lobby Scene - The Graduate
    Booking Scene - See No Evil, Hear No Evil
    The Duck of Death -
    Unforgiven
    Opening Scene -
    Touch of Evil
    Lunch Debate - Jurassic Park
    Germans Bomb Pearl Harbor - Animal House
    Bill Murray Dentist Scene - Little Shop of Horrors
    Undercover In Mental Hospital - Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
    From Bone to Satellite - 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Crop Duster - North by Northwest
    "You Shall Not Pass!" - LOTR: The Fellowship of The Ring
    Death of Bonnie and Clyde - Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
    Clifftop Duel - The Princess Bride
    Llorando - Mulholland Dr.
    Samara Exits The TV - The Ring
    The Battle of Hoth - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    Obi-Wan&Qui Gon Jinn vs. Darth Maul - Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
    Final Directions - Synecdoche, New York
    Train Fight
    - From Russia With Love
    Winkie's Diner - Mulholland Dr.
    The Odessa Steps Sequence - Battleship Potemkin
    The Pub Scene
    - Inglourious Basterds
    "Let Them Play!" - Bad News Bears in Breaking Training
    Mockingbird - Dumb and Dumber
    Fart Scene - Blazing Saddles
    Radar Jammed - Spaceballs
    Airport Fight
    - Captain America: Civil War
    Hobbits In Orc Disguise - Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
    Rope - Rope
    No More Mr. Nice Duck - Howard the Duck
    The Sandstorm - Mad Max: Fury Road
    The Slap Heard Round the World - In the Heat of the Night
    Opening Scene - A Clockwork Orange
    "Doesn't anyone fucking knock anymore?" - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    Marty Arrives in 2015 -
    Back To The Future II
    The Lifeline Exercise - Donnie Darko
    Vader's Reveal - The Empire Strikes Back
    Fight The Power -
    Do the Right Thing
    The Battle of Hoth -
    Empire Strikes Back
    Independence Day Speech - Independence Day
    Dancing Scene - Napoleon Dynamite
    The Club Scene -
    John Wick
    Dracula Death Scene -
    (Horror of) Dracula
    Church Fight -
    Kingsman: Secret Service
    Train Robbery -
    Assassination of Jesse James
    Freebird Scene -
    Elizabethtown
    Leadership Scene -
    Scent of a Woman
    Final Match -
    Searching For Bobby Fisher
    The Monster Befriends Maria -
    Frankenstein (1931)

*Scenes nominated without being seconded - seconded scenes will be removed and transferred to Seconded Scenes List, which will then be transferred to Finalised Entrant List once thirded.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

List of Seconded Scenes

"Wanna Know How I got These Scars?" - The Dark Knight

Birthday Dinner -
    East of Eden
    "I believe in America" - The Godfather
    "No wire hangers!" - Mommie Dearest
    Joker Interrogation - The Dark Knight
    The Shower Scene - Psycho (1960)
    Birth of the Star Child - 2001: A Space Odyssey
    The Death of Michael Myers - Halloween
    "It rubs the lotion on the skin" - Silence of the Lambs
    German Woman Sings to French Soldiers - Paths of Glory
    Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled - The Usual Suspects
    The Shower Scene - Psycho
    What's up Doc? -
    Glass Plate
    "What have I done?" -
    Bridge on the River Kwai
    Finale - King Kong (1933)
    Stuck in the Middle With You
    -
    Reservoir Dogs
    The Empire Strikes Back -
    Vader's Reveal
    Jaws -
    USS Indianapolis Speech
    True Romance -
    The Sicilian Scene
    The Hallway Scene -
    The Shining
    Freedom Speech -
    Braveheart
    Omaha Beach Landing -
    Saving Private Ryan
    Opening Barrack Scene -
    Full Metal Jacket
    Dancing Scene -Napoleon Dynamite
    Mariovingean - Matrix: Releaded
    Miriam's Last Breath - Strangers on a Train

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

List of Finalised Entrants

1 - Chest Burst Surprise - Alien (Heather19, Sai Sheb)
    2 - First Transformation - An American Werewolf in London (Heather19, Pablo)
    3 - "I'm Home" - Planet of the Apes (Still Servant, frik)
    4 - Hobbling Scene - Misery (Sai Sheb, amd013)
    5 - "Whats in the Box?"
    - Se7en (T-Dogz, Becca)
    6 - Opening Scene" - Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Becca, amd013)
    7 - Lobby Shootout - The Matrix (Still Servant, Mattrick)
    8 - The Hallway Scene - The Shining (Sai Sheb, Becca69)
    9 - The Shower Scene - Psycho (Heather19, amd013)
    10 - Omaha Beach Landing - Saving Private Ryan (Iwritecode, RUBE)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Log of Nominations and Seconds

T-Dogz

Nom #1 - Opening Barrack Scene - Full Metal Jacket
    Nom #2 - Battle of Stirling Speech, Freedom - Braveheart
    Nom #3 - The Sicilian Scene - True Romance
    Nom #4 - Al Capone's Baseball Bat - The Untouchables
    Nom #5 - "I believe in America" - The Godfather
    Nom #6 - No More Mr. Nice Duck - Howard The Duck
    Second #1 - "What's in the box?" - Se7en

Webstar

Nom #1 - Lobby Shootout - The Matrix
    Nom #2 - Wanna Know How I Got These Scars? - The Dark Knight
    Nom #3 - Enter Hannibal Lector - Silence of the Lambs
    Nom #4 - Opening Scene - Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Nom #5 - "What's in the box?" - Se7en
    Second #1 - Joker Interrogation - The Dark Knight

Pablo

Nom #1 - Alien Ship Reveal - The Abyss
    Nom #2 - Hotel Lobby Scene - The Graduate
    Nom #3 - Booking Scene - See No Evil, Hear No Evil

Second #1 - First Transformation - An American Werewolf in London
    Nom #4 - The Kiss - Ella Undone
    Nom #5 - The Odessa steps sequence - Battleship Potemkin
    Nom #6 - Airport Fight - Captain America: Civil War
    Nom #7 - Opening Scene - A Clockwork Orange

amd013

Nom #1 - USS Indianapolis Speech - Jaws
    Nom #2 - The Duck of Death - Unforgiven
    Nom #3 - The Death of Michael Myers - Halloween
    Second #1 - "Wanna Know How I got These Scars?" - The Dark Knight
    Nom #4 - Train Fight - From Russia With Love
    Nom #5 - "Let them play!" - Bad News Bears in Breaking Training
    Nom #6 - "Doesn't anyone fucking knock anymore?" - Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Second #2 - Hobbling Scene - Misery
    Second #3 - Opening Scene - Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Heather19

Nom #1 - Birthday Dinner - East of Eden
    Second #1 - Chest Burst Surprise - Alien
    Nom #2 - Opening Scene - Touch of Evil
    Second #2 - First Transformation - An American Werewolf in London
    Second #3 - The Death of Michael Myers - Halloween

Nom #3 - Miriam's Last Breath - Strangers on a Train

Still Servant

Second #1 - Birthday Dinner - East of Eden
    Nom # 1 - Lunch Debate - Jurassic Park
    Second #2 - Lobby Shootout - The Matrix
    Second #3 - "I'm home" - Planet of the Apes

Lurker

Nom #1 - Germans Bomb Pearl Harbor - Animal House

Sai Sheb

Nom #1 - Bill Murray Dentist Scene - Little Shop of Horrors
    Second #1 - Chest Burst Surprise - Alien
    Second #2 - "I believe in America" - The Godfather

Nom #2 - Undercover In Mental Hospital - Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
    Nom #3 - Mockingbird - Dumb and Dumber
    Nom #4 - "It rubs the lotion on the skin" - Silence of the Lambs
    Second #3 - Hobbling Scene - Misery

Frik

Nom #1 - From Bone to Satellite - 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Nom #2 - Finale - King Kong (1933)
    Nom #3 - Crop Duster - North by Northwest
    Nom #4 - "You Shall Not Pass!" - LOTR: The Fellowship of The Ring
    Nom #5 - Death of Bonnie and Clyde - Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
    Nom #6 - Glass plate: will it or won't it (break) - What's Up, Doc?
    Second #1 - "I'm home" - Planet of the Apes
    Second #2 - Birth of the Star Child - 2001: A Space Odyssey

Becca69

Nom #1 - Chest Burst Surprise - Alien
    Nom #2 - Clifftop Duel - The Princess Bride

Second #1 - "No Wire Hangers!" - Mommie Dearest
    Second #2 - The Shower Scene - Psycho
    Second #3 - Opening Scene - Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Second #4 - "What's in the box?" - Se7en
    Second #5 - "It rubs the lotion on the skin" - Silence of the Lambs

mattgreenbean

Nom #1 - Llorando - Mulholland Dr.
    Nom #2 - First Transformation - An American Werewolf in London

DoctorZaius

Nom #1 - Samara Exits The TV - The Ring
    Nom #2 - "I'm home" - Planet of the Apes

Sharki69

Nom #1 - Stuck In The Middle With You - Reservoir Dogs

Tommy

Nom #1 - "No Wire Hangers" - Mommie Dearest
    Nom #2 - The Shower Scene - Psycho
    Nom #3 - Hobbling Scene - Misery
    Nom #4 - Birth of the Star Child - 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Nom #5 - Fart Scene - Blazing Saddles
    Nom #6 - The Slap Heard Round the World - In the Heat of the Night
    Second #2 - German Woman Sings For French Soldiers - Paths of Glory

Fernandito

Nom #1 - Interrogation - The Dark Knight

Picontin

Nom #1 - The Battle of Hoth - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Mattrick

Nom #1 - The German Woman Sings To French Soldiers - Paths of Glory
    Nom #2 - Final Directions - Synecdoche, New York
    Nom #3 - Winkie's Diner - Mulholland Dr.
    Nom #4 - Pub Scene - Inglourious Basterds
    Nom #5 - The Sandstorm - Mad Max: Fury Road

Iwritecode

Nom #1 - Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Darth Maul - Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
    Nom #2 - Radar Jammed - Spaceballs

Merlin1958

Nom #1 - Hobbits In Orc Disguise - Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

needfulthings

Nom #1 - Rope - Rope

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Link:
    Wish you had chosen the bar scene on edge O' Moors... still hope you get a second...

Seconded (#1)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm going to close this thread for a bit till things get sorted out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

With all the confusion in the previous thread, this is a list of null and void nominations and seconds from being out of turn. They were subtracted from your totals and this list is here so you can again second and nominate them again should you choose too...when it's you're turn, of course.

T-Dogz Second of USS Indianapolis from Jaws
    Webstar second of Freedom Speech from Braveheart
    Shai Sheb Second of Scars Story from The Dark Knight
    Webstar nomination of What's In The Box from Se7en
    Becca second of Se7en not actually nominated
    Frik second of Opening Barracks Scene from Full Metal Jacket (due to confusing, not enough posts in between)
    Sai Sheb nomination of Opera Scene from The Godfather Part III
    Becca second of Birthday Dinner from East of Eden
    Tommy second of Cropduster from North by Northwest
    T-Dogz second of "You Shall Not Pass!" from Lord of the Rings
    Frik second of The Battle of Hoth from Empire Strikes Back
    Frik second of The Shower Scene from Psycho
    T-Dogz second of Enter Hannibal Lector from Silence of the Lambs

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #1

The German Woman Sings to French Soldiers - Paths of Glory (1957)
    Director: Stanley Kubrick

Spoiler:

Film doesn't get much more powerful than this. Shame this masterpiece doesn't get the love as some of Kubrick's more lauded films.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Nomination #1

Obi Wan & Qui Gon Ginn Vs Darth Maul- The Phantom Menace(1999)
    Director: George Lucas

Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

List of Films/Franchise Limit Caps

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #4: The kiss from Elena Undone (2010), directed by Nicole Conn:

The movie itself is okay but we're not picking the greatest movies, we're picking the greatest scenes, and this is a really good one. It has the honor of being the longest on-screen kiss!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Thanks for all the work you're doing on this, Matt. Once we get going, hopefully it isn't too much.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Seconded #1

"Wanna Know How I Got These Scars?" - The Dark Knight

For the record, I am not going to be going through the thread every time to make sure I am not seconding something that has already been seconded. After awhile it is going to get too tedious (especially if I have to calculate if a post is "legitimate" or not). I intend to nominate at most 1 per day, and second at most 2 times a day. They will be several hours apart. I am going to go strictly on the info present in posts 2,3,4,9. If its out of date when I post, well.....
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast