Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1600

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nomination #24

So many scenes to choose from.....

scene: Meeting Santa Claus
    film: A Christmas Story
    director: Bob Clark
    year: 1983

[SPOIL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwGYfMVKQtQ"]

sk

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    nomination #24

So many scenes to choose from.....

scene: Meeting Santa Claus

[SPOIL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwGYfMVKQtQ"]

sk
    I've nominated that one already and I believe it's been seconded. Great minds think alike!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oops.....Try again...

nomination #24

scene: sticky tongue

[SPOIL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvKw_V3e36g"]

sk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like you're using the SPOIL tag wrong, frik. Try this:

[SPOIL=" "][video=youtube;XXXXXXXXX]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXXXXXX[/video][/SPOIL]

Just copy and paste and replace the Xs with the actual video code. The space between the quotation marks can be blank or you can enter a message to be displayed before the Spoiler button.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Pablo, but I'm not getting this at all.....
    Why can't I just use the
    Then at least I know what I'm doing.....

sk

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #29

Bambi's mom Vs. hunter
    Bambi
    Algar, Armstrong

Spoiler

Let's all have a good cry...

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Oops.....Try again...

nomination #24

scene: sticky tongue

[SPOIL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvKw_V3e36g"]

sk
    2nd
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why can't I just use the

sk
    You can but it will load the video when you open the page, which can slow things down if there are lots of videos on the same page.

If you copy the string I provided above: [SPOIL=... etc. and just replace the Xs with the YouTube code for your video (the thing after watch?v=) you'll be fine, like Tommy there

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nomination #29

Bambi's mom Vs. hunter
    Bambi
    Algar, Armstrong

Spoiler

Let's all have a good cry...
    Seconded

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Why can't I just use the

sk
    Copy the url for the youtube video
    click the insert video link icon (it looks like a little film strip, 2 blue squares)
    right click and paste the url (you can remove the s from https and that will make the video show up as opposed to a link)
    it should now be highlighted for you, so before you touch anything else just click on the spoiler tag and it will automatically put it in a spoiler for you

Hope that helps
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

#11 Second
    Oh Fudge! - A Christmas Story
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Would anyone second the Arbogast death scene from Psycho? I know we have two scenes from it so far but I feel like at least another two scenes could make it easy and that Arbogast scene is actually my favorite from the film. It has a dreamlike quality that always makes me anxious, even more so than the shower scene really. I ask only because if no one thinks it should be in, I won't bother nominating it.

Country
    Country Flag

Would anyone second the Arbogast death scene from Psycho?
    You bet I would!

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nom #28

The Matrix
    Opening Scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb6bA4J1Gbg
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You bet I would!

sk
    frik, if you wish to second Tommy's movie scene, please make it official?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    There are so many great scenes that deserve to be seconded. Please tell me again if I can only second one per post?
    You can only "second" one movie scene per post.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    And do we have a wait in between?
    The wait time between nominations/seconds is 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    You bet I would!

sk
    Hey Tim, I haven't officially nominated it yet, just asking, it's not my turn yet. Someone else needs to go first.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    You bet I would!

sk
    Hey Tim, I haven't officially nominated it yet, just asking, it's not my turn yet. Someone else needs to go first.
    Gotcha.

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 30

Scene: Do you really wanna jump?
    Film: Lethal Weapon
    Director: Richard Donner
    Year: 1987
    Spoiler: No

Country
    Country Flag

nomination #25

My first nomination was one of the most iconic scenes ever. From my all-time #1 movie.
    Unfortunately, it was not seconded....

Here's another scene/sequence from that same movie.
    A perfect example of combining the visual and the aural...
    Never tire of watching this....

Spoiler:

scene: Space Waltz
    film: 2001: A Space Odyssey
    director: Stanley Kubrick
    year: 1968

sk

Nomination #30

Arbogast Vs. Mother
    Psycho
    Hitchcock

Spoiler

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nomination #25

My first nomination was one of the most iconic scenes ever. From my all-time #1 movie.
    Unfortunately, it was not seconded....

Here's another scene/sequence from that same movie.
    A perfect example of combining the visual and the aural...
    Never tire of watching this....

scene: Space Waltz
    film: 2001: A Space Odyssey
    director: Stanley Kubrick
    year: 1968

sk
    FORGOT this one.. seconded!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #28: The museum scene from Batman (1989), directed by Tim Burton:

Could only find the scene in two videos. Can't have too much Batman, I say!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Why can't I just use the

sk
    Copy the url for the youtube video
    click the insert video link icon (it looks like a little film strip, 2 blue squares)
    right click and paste the url (you can remove the s from https and that will make the video show up as opposed to a link)
    it should now be highlighted for you, so before you touch anything else just click on the spoiler tag and it will automatically put it in a spoiler for you

Hope that helps
    Thought I had it......sounds simple enough.....

sk

Country
    Country Flag

No one wants to second that hotel scene from The Graduate, really? It's not as iconic as the "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me" scene but to me it's the best and funniest scene in the film.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast