Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: March into Madness: 2017 Dark Tower NCAA Tournament Challenge

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default March into Madness: 2017 Dark Tower NCAA Tournament Challenge

Here we go again! Selection Sunday is days away and then the brackets begin. You can join the group now and fill in your bracket after the selections on Sunday.

Our group is Palaver Gunslingers - password is roland

http://games.espn.com/tournament-cha...?groupID=14700

Again, we will have First and Second Place winners. If you want one of these trophies, choose your games wisely!!!

In addition to the massive First Place trophy, Merlin1958 has generously offered a $20 donation to Haven Foundation in the winner's name.

Good luck everyone!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's on like Revlon! Brackets are open and games start Thursday. GET IN THE GAME!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I may revisit my bracket. I'm already have second thoughts! LOL LOL

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since neither of my teams (LSU and Memphis) were very good this year, and not tournament-bound, I didn't follow college basketball at all. I might as well be throwing darts at my bracket!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. Based on my past results I should actually do that!

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Since neither of my teams (LSU and Memphis) were very good this year, and not tournament-bound, I didn't follow college basketball at all. I might as well be throwing darts at my bracket!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this is the year the 'Zags make the final four!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever happens it should be fun. I think this tournament has a few upper level teams but IMO the field is very competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I think this is the year the 'Zags make the final four!!!

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in. Its the only 1st place I've ever won
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Country
    Country Flag

I'm feeling very uneasy about my picks this year. We'll see if my bracket survives the first full weekend.

BTW, I think the "First Four" is a crock of sh!t. Why should two 11 seeds have a play-in game when there are worse teams already in the field of 64. I can see the 16's battling to get in.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree Bill. I think it's because of all the automatic bids. Kansas State is likely much better than Winthrop, but Winthrop won their conference, so they get it no matter what. It's all the 'bubble' teams that didn't win an automatic bid that have to fight through the first four. I think it's stupid everyone gets so butthurt when you call the 64 round the first round. In these days of everyone included in everything (bathrooms too!) I say they just turn it into a 256 team tourney, but then the 50 that didn't make it would cry.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just picked a bracket at random this morning. I think I have last wrapped up again this year.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I just picked a bracket at random this morning. I think I have last wrapped up again this year.
    Excellent! Good luck to all!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. Grayson got me tripping is an awesome name. Lurker is batting 100% so far.

Country
    Country Flag

One day down....and my bracket, albeit marred, is still intact.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It ain't just the games!!!! lol lol

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Haha. Bracket McBracketface. Love it. This cat could win a last place trophy (if we had one). :p

Country
    Country Flag

My South bracket is perfect: 8 out of 8 games called correctly.

My West bracket is likewise commendable: 6 out of 8 games called correctly, with the only losses being my VCU and Bucknell picks. But I didn't have them going any further anyway, so not much loss there.

My Midwest bracket has issues. Only picked 5 winners, and I had Creighton going to the Sweet 16.

My East bracket is a dumpster fire. Only picked 5 winners and two of my Sweet 16 teams are toast (SMU and UNCW). And I had SMU going to the Elite 8! Aaaak!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Villanova folks are in a bit of trouble.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Villanova folks are in a bit of trouble.
    Spoiler:
    F@#K!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry...the big "V" folded in the last 20 seconds. The backside forward should have collapsed in and taken that charge..or occupied that space ( In Wisconsin's go ahead bucket). The pass to the big man was a bit telegraphed. It wasn't an easy shot, but it was a long way from a hard one...then to call a timeout and go down court and lose the ball??!!!

But then I always thought Wisconsin should have been seeded 3 or 4.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Duke folks are in tough shape.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I put my brackets in the birdcage yesterday!!! lol lol

How the FUCK could they lose to SC? OMG!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast