Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: March into Madness: 2017 Dark Tower NCAA Tournament Challenge

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My bracket is ugly but I'm still kicking. I am shocked. I cannot believe Duke lost last night. I didn't even tune to that game...I figured they had that one in the bag.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only way I can move up in the rankings is if UCLA and Gonzaga meet in the title game.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    The only way I can move up in the rankings is if UCLA and Gonzaga meet in the title game.
    I have AZ and Kansas meeting with KU winning. We shall see. I'm just pumped that UM (Go Blue!) won the big ten tournament and have played well in this tournament. I am shocked that they put this run together and I am very happy for those kids.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Duke screwed me up. Oh, well - I had a perfect first day. How many people can say that!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did find it interesting that out of the nine ACC teams to make the tourney, eight did not make it past the first weekend. Has there ever been such a total conference flop?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Big east was pretty bad this year to. Only 2 of the 7 teams made it to this upcoming weekend.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I'm out. I didn't really do the math but it looks like there is 2 or 3 people left that could win. Good luck all!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So if I read it right - if Oregon and South Carolina win next weekend, the standings will remain as they are right now and I will finish 2nd. If either Gonzaga or UNC win, I'm officially out.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Math makes my head hurt, so I'll just assume I'm out since my only remaining points belong to UNC and there are two others with UNC to the end.

Oh well...when does football start???

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

as soon as you say it does, my friend.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Now entering the final turn!

...and from back in the pack from the 12 position, it's, it's...divemaster! Making his break on the outside!

...passing shac; and now spacemany; now chasing down bedofroses--but bedofroses battles back with more in the tank...

...now divemaster again catching copefiend and Grayson Got Me Trippin, who are ridden out with nothing left; now chasing down NeedfulKings and windnwaves, who keep the pace!

Can divemaster break free of the middle of the pack and catch the leaders?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking like it is down to you and Big Bill. Good luck to both of you.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If Gonzaga wins, I finish top 10 in my pool of hundreds. Not bad for someone who hasn't watched an NCAA game since a Shane Battier led Duke team won it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn!!!! Think I have this won!!!!! Get the "Trophy Guy" out of bed, Bill!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Damn!!!! Think I have this won!!!!! Get the "Trophy Guy" out of bed, Bill!!! lol lol
    Not yet - if Gonzaga wins, Divemaster wins 1st and you'll get 2nd.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Oops, yeah I missed that. Go Tar Heels!!!!

The Zags have had enough "firsts" for this year!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Oops, yeah I missed that. Go Tar Heels!!!!

The Zags have had enough "firsts" for this year!!! lol
    Yer gettin' a trophy either way! You cannot finish third.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is gonna be close!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny thing is FWIW I kinda liked the, Zags going in. I just thought experience might be the difference. So far. It's anybody's game!!!! Whoot!!!!

If I come in second can my trophy say "Fear the Beard" somehow??? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bring on the confetti!!!!!!!! Wo-Hoo!!!! Gotta love them Tar Heels!!!!!

In truth, I was kinda rooting for the, Zags. However, maybe nest year. They just didn't have it in the end and I kinda wish they did!!!!

Fear the beard!!!!! (next year???)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!!!!!

First Place - Merlin1958

Second Place - BedOfRoses

What an amazing season!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

Woo hoo! I'm so happy with second--congrats to Merlin!!
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am, if nothing, a gracious winner. Thanks to all who participated!!!

Spoiler:
    Suck it!!! I Won!!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm making my promised $20 HF donation in the name of the second place winner. I apologize for gloating (sort of) and really love this competition every year!!! Many thanks to, Bill (needfulkings) for orchestrating this and for the trophies. When can I expect mine? lol lol J/K Woot! The Tar Heels win another!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

Merlin, you are the best.
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast