Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gwendy's Button Box Signed Limited Lottery Drawing Link

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    Has anyone won this lottery? Me and everyone who entered on my behalf didn't win. One friend of mine who entered has not been notified either way.
    Although I did not win, I received an email stating that all winners have be notified and all copies have been claimed. I believe 51 or 52 copies were available in the lottery.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just have to point this out....maybe I am wrong (I hope so)....but it seems some people got an opportunity to buy this book ahead of time and were told NOT to divulge that fact, yet several people claim to have reserved a copy....Seriously, you ANNOUNCE that to the world? Well the world (CD/Lonely Road impt people in particular) is on this site and those people who announced they "got" the book....well you just may NOT ever get preferential treatment again because you broke the rules by announcing you got one. I would think the higher-ups at CD/Lonely would take notice of that fact.

Sorry, grousing a bit here...not my norm!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, David as that was certainly stated in a certain correspondence. Hopefully the few in that particular case didn't spoil it for the many in the future. I think the opportunity made available having been a prior customer of LRB wasn't a secret though. CD did also provide a nice offer to those who didn't win via the lottery. Good on them I say!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first rule of Fight Club.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    The first rule of Fight Club.....
    Yep.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I just have to point this out....maybe I am wrong (I hope so)....but it seems some people got an opportunity to buy this book ahead of time and were told NOT to divulge that fact, yet several people claim to have reserved a copy....Seriously, you ANNOUNCE that to the world? Well the world (CD/Lonely Road impt people in particular) is on this site and those people who announced they "got" the book....well you just may NOT ever get preferential treatment again because you broke the rules by announcing you got one. I would think the higher-ups at CD/Lonely would take notice of that fact.

Yeah, what he said.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Yeah, what he said.
    So first LRB customers who bought the last LRB book had a chance to buy the book. Then some other select individuals were offered the chance to buy the book before the others were offered to the general public via lottery? That's disappointing to hear.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't see anyone say they were given a chance to buy until after the lottery winners had started being notified or people who stated they had bought the other LRB book. My assumption was (and still is) that those that said they had secured one fell into one of those categories.

Either way, unless someone outright says they were offered something and didn't fall into one of those categories it seems to me this is only going to get people riled up over unfounded rumor, something I don't think CD deserves.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Yeah, what he said.
    So first LRB customers who bought the last LRB book had a chance to buy the book. Then some other select individuals were offered the chance to buy the book before the others were offered to the general public via lottery? That's disappointing to hear.
    I am not certain that to be the case. Those that secured a copy were simply fortunate in the lottery proceedings.

If so, good to see and happy for those able to add this edition to their respective collections!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I had my usual luck in the lottery - zippo. I think I 'won' a dollar once, but since that was the original price of the ticket, did I really win anything?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Beverly Marsh on the CD tread posted they were able to get a S/L on 3/7/ 2017 at 12:25pm followed by others.... A full day before the lottery closed 3/8/2017.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

People get excited and post things. These publishers do their best to ensure everything is fair but not everyone will be happy with the circumstances.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I seem to recall Brian saying "I have plans for those of you who visit this thread often... good plans for your collection, maybe not so good for your wallet. Stay tuned...

Brian"

Not speaking about this particular book, but I do recall CD/Lonely Roads sending all kinds of special offers and links in the past with a request to keep the info/link a secret; only to have people not listen to their request. Someone always ruins things...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    People get excited and post things. These publishers do their best to ensure everything is fair but not everyone will be happy with the circumstances.
    I believe the key words here are....
    Spoiler:
    EVERYTHING IS FAIR.
    Spoiler:
    I mean when Dave at Bett's questions the lottery. Sounds to me that over 300 were sold under the table!

I think there's definitely some confusion because I've seen people I know purchased the William Peter Blatty Script Book posting on here and elsewhere about ordering their copy of Gwendy's Button Box before the lottery was over -- and it caused confusion at that time.

LRB customers WERE offered their copies before the lottery was over because that's how I knew how many copies were left for the lottery.

After that, certain LRB customers who had purchased *almost* every previous LRB title but not the Blatty set were offered a copy due to their long-time support of the press.

Also, there were copies offered to the members of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club as a perk of their membership before the lottery was over. They pay $99 a year for exclusive special offers, advance notice of special projects, and many exclusive offers that the general public never sees including low run Limited Editions from other publishers that are never even offered for sale on the CD website. This year a special allocation of this Limited Edition happened to be one their perks. Even there, not everyone who wanted one got one, of course.

For those who didn't get selected via the lottery, I did the best I could to make as many copies available as possible. 51 available and 2300 entries is pretty good, I think. If the print run could have been 500 copies, I think everyone who really wanted one could have gotten one, but the print run is not something I control and it certainly wasn't a point I was going to push. I was just thrilled the Limited Edition proposal was even approved given how many proposals I know have NOT been these last few years!

(And I will never discuss proposals I know about, but we work in a very small pond in the grand scheme of the publishing world and other small presses talk to us and get advice about their proposals, so I get to be disappointed all the time about cool ideas that aren't meant to be. You have no idea, ha!)

I hope this information is helpful!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

They asked to keep the link a secret. They never asked to keep the info a secret. The fact that people who ordered the Scripts were able to order was never a secret.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    They asked to keep the link a secret. They never asked to keep the info a secret. The fact that people who ordered the Scripts were able to order was never a secret.
    But no harm (in the most mildest sense of the word) would have been done by people who ordered a copy waiting a few days to mention it. Ordering is a bit different than receiving (where it's always cool to be one of the first to post pics having the book in hand).

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I know it's a sore point, but the ONLY issue I have on this is a person buying the limited (either state), for the SOLE purpose of selling it at a profit, and have no desire at all to own the book for the love of collecting, or the fact that the authors are among their favorites, and want the book for these 'legitimate' reasons. I always think I might have had a fair shot at purchasing a lettered JOYLAND if by some mind reading technique they were only sold to actual collectors who wanted the books for themselves and not to make money off of. And I've read the 'it's a free country' explanations of this, which I agree with on principle, but not on an ethical level.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I know it's a sore point, but the ONLY issue I have on this is a person buying the limited (either state), for the SOLE purpose of selling it at a profit, and have no desire at all to own the book for the love of collecting, or the fact that the authors are among their favorites, and want the book for these 'legitimate' reasons. I always think I might have had a fair shot at purchasing a lettered JOYLAND if by some mind reading technique they were only sold to actual collectors who wanted the books for themselves and not to make money off of. And I've read the 'it's a free country' explanations of this, which I agree with on principle, but not on an ethical level.
    There's another thread for the discussion of buying to sell for a profit.

Who would buy a book for the SOLE purpose of losing money-selling it at a loss?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Beverly Marsh on the CD tread posted they were able to get a S/L on 3/7/ 2017 at 12:25pm followed by others.... A full day before the lottery closed 3/8/2017.
    She, Lori, received hers via the LRB loyalty offer.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I think there's definitely some confusion because I've seen people I know purchased the William Peter Blatty Script Book posting on here and elsewhere about ordering their copy of Gwendy's Button Box before the lottery was over -- and it caused confusion at that time.

LRB customers WERE offered their copies before the lottery was over because that's how I knew how many copies were left for the lottery.

After that, certain LRB customers who had purchased *almost* every previous LRB title but not the Blatty set were offered a copy due to their long-time support of the press.

Also, there were copies offered to the members of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club as a perk of their membership before the lottery was over. They pay $99 a year for exclusive special offers, advance notice of special projects, and many exclusive offers that the general public never sees including low run Limited Editions from other publishers that are never even offered for sale on the CD website. This year a special allocation of this Limited Edition happened to be one their perks. Even there, not everyone who wanted one got one, of course.

For those who didn't get selected via the lottery, I did the best I could to make as many copies available as possible. 51 available and 2300 entries is pretty good, I think. If the print run could have been 500 copies, I think everyone who really wanted one could have gotten one, but the print run is not something I control and it certainly wasn't a point I was going to push. I was just thrilled the Limited Edition proposal was even approved given how many proposals I know have NOT been these last few years!

(And I will never discuss proposals I know about, but we work in a very small pond in the grand scheme of the publishing world and other small presses talk to us and get advice about their proposals, so I get to be disappointed all the time about cool ideas that aren't meant to be. You have no idea, ha!)

I hope this information is helpful!

Brian
    FWIW, Brian, I think you/CD did an excellent job handling this. And as you stated on several occasions I believe, not everyone will be happy. Along the lines of you can make some of the people happy some of the time but never everybody all of the time. Membership and loyalty should be rewarded.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Exactly.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

In my defense here(If I even need to defend myself) as both Brians said it was clearly stated on the production page that people who purchased the Blatty Scripts were going to be offered first chance at this. That is how I was able to get one and I said as much when I wrote my post about it. I apologize if anyone thinks I jumped the gun but it was not a secret. However, the link I was sent was a secret and that did NOT get shared with anyone.
    This was my first direct from publisher S/L purchase and I was excited about finally getting an S/L at issue price. I don't appreciate being called out for it when I don't think I did anything wrong here. If others do then whatever. I'm still excited.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    In my defense here(If I even need to defend myself) as both Brians said it was clearly stated on the production page that people who purchased the Blatty Scripts were going to be offered first chance at this. That is how I was able to get one and I said as much when I wrote my post about it. I apologize if anyone thinks I jumped the gun but it was not a secret. However, the link I was sent was a secret and that did NOT get shared with anyone.
    This was my first direct from publisher S/L purchase and I was excited about finally getting an S/L at issue price. I don't appreciate being called out for it when I don't think I did anything wrong here. If others do then whatever. I'm still excited.

sk

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    You definitely should not have to defend yourself and congratulations!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast