Donate To Keep The Site Robust And Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Artist - Alex McVey

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Artist - Alex McVey

I don't see a thread for this artist so, I thought I would start one. He's a very talented fellow and has worked on several, King illustrations. The most recent is this.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201838484237...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And, who can forget his wonderful "OY" series of sculptures. Post away, folks. Many of us have works by this venerable artist in our collections!!!

My Collection:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy". The Outlaw Josey Wales

Holding myself to a Higher Standard!!! Retired!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good idea Merlin,

Here is a McVey Remarque from my copy of Blockade Billy

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^Great remarque! He did some really nice ones for Blockade Billy.

I have a simpler remarque of his in a non SK book, the lettered edition of Carmilla from Full Moon Press. I'll post a pic when I get the chance to load it up.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I will post some pics later
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Manni Folken Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This is my Alex McVey Blockade Billy remarque
    [IMG][/IMG]

My collection
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...on-Stockerlone

GERMANY-FIFA Worldchampion 2014

SALE
    Stephen King promo telefon card
    Desperation/Regulator Flip-over ARC Leseexemplar

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

My Collection:

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

I am still having issues posting pics with Windows 10. I'd appreciate anyone chiming in with pics of original art, remarques and/or sculptures by this talented fellow!!!!

My Collection:

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have several McVey's...3 original art that I posted elsewhere already, a double RF remarque in a Stand copy, a Blockade Billy (2nd edition I think...did not check), a Blockade Billy white CD Proof copy and a Lettered Blockade Billy...Somewhere I have a baseball remarque...may be at my storage unit (no pic here):

Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is one of my Room 217 favorites by Alex. Some of you may remember this shadow box with Alex original was featured on Cemetery Dance web page for a while:

You can also get more info on it here in my collection thread thread (scroll down to #339)

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...retaker/page14

Enjoy!

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, ty!!!!

My Collection:

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Be sure to visit his website for more awesome art!!!!

http://www.alexmcvey.com/gallery/dark/

My Collection:

+ Reply to Thread