Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zen Pencils comic based on On Writing

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default Zen Pencils comic based on On Writing

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Should this be seen as an official excerpt? Would they make this comic without King's permission? It's a neat little comic, though

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    Should this be seen as an official excerpt? Would they make this comic without King's permission? It's a neat little comic, though
    I'm pretty sure it was done without permission -- but I doubt there will be any issue taken with it.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I see. Then what about the comic adaptation of the story Battleground that was online a number of years ago? Wouldn't some artist need permission to do an online comic based on a story? I remember that it was created as a pdf for everyone to enjoy, so I do have it somewhere in my files

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    I see. Then what about the comic adaptation of the story Battleground that was online a number of years ago? Wouldn't some artist need permission to do an online comic based on a story? I remember that it was created as a pdf for everyone to enjoy, so I do have it somewhere in my files
    Battleground was a full adaptation of a short story published via traditional means. I'm sure a lawyer could successfully get a cease and desist on this web comic, but it is using only a very small fragment of the original material, so it isn't a full adaptation and there may be exceptions that allow this as fair use.

+ Reply to Thread