Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Legion

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Legion

If you are not watching this show then you better start. So far it has been great and they have only scratched the surface of what they can do with this character.

Maybe you aren't a fan of superhero shows. Then I have good news, this isn't really one so far. It's more of an exploration of the weirdness that is the human mind. It is also being produced by the same person, Noah Hawley, that is doing the Fargo series so you know it will continue to be awesome throughout. The only downside I see so far is that the first season will only be eight episodes.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn you! I wanted to start this thread!

Yes, it is indeed a phenomenal show. At first I was expecting it to be little more than fan service for X-Men fans (I love anything X-Men), but it is so much more.

An exploration of the human mind, a study of the fickleness of memories, a human coming to terms with his supernatural powers. All of those tricky, creative shots only help to enhance the absurdity of the visuals.

Only 3 episodes in, and I already know I'm with this one through the end.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Liked the first one a lot... have the other two to catch on this weekend!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I was there the night it premiered, and watched the second episode as well.......I don't think I am coming back for episode three of what I assume is an X-Men tv series.

Loved both seasons of Fargo right out of the gate....not so much this one.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a shame. While it is an X-Men related story I don't think we will see any other characters we know. It definitely is different than the X-Men movies. If anything, it is a mash-up of several genres including horror, superheroes, and whatever you call movies like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Inception where there is exploration of the mind. The kid from his "children's book" and the demon with the yellow eyes definitely upped the creepy factor this past episode.

It's not for everyone though. I tried to get my wife to watch it and she couldn't make it through the second episode. Of course it shares little in common with the sitcoms she prefers.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    If you are not watching this show then you better start. So far it has been great and they have only scratched the surface of what they can do with this character.

Maybe you aren't a fan of superhero shows. Then I have good news, this isn't really one so far. It's more of an exploration of the weirdness that is the human mind. It is also being produced by the same person, Noah Hawley, that is doing the Fargo series so you know it will continue to be awesome throughout. The only downside I see so far is that the first season will only be eight episodes.
    Okay cool. Pardon me, but details? Netflix, cable? Time & date? Much obliged.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

FX network, 10pm EST, Wednesday

You'll want to find the first three episodes and watch first or you might be a little confused about what is happening.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FX network, 10pm EST, Wednesday

You'll want to find the first three episodes and watch first or you might be a little confused about what is happening.
    Okay, I have "On Demand". Many thx for the info!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen the first two, and while I like it enough, it seems to be more style than substance at the moment. That's fine for right now, setting up the world and characters, but hopefully over time it has more meat to it. I like the style choices, but I feel they're going to turn casual viewers of television off.

And I'm glad someone else made the Eternal Sunshine connection, as I felt the same way. One of my favorite movies, by the way

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And if you're a Pink Floyd fan you might want to stick with it as well. I've only watched episode 1 so far - I enjoyed it. The Floyd reference of Syd Barrett was pretty obvious to me - but I'm guessing missed by most. As well as the psychedelic 60/70's rock themes, and the apparent love for dark side of the moon...

http://www.thewrap.com/legion-pink-floyd-easter-egg/
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I'm really enjoying this show. Nothing else has quite the same visual style as it. I'm mostly hoping that they don't pull a lost and bring up more questions than they can possibly answer.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Legion, Preacher, The Netflix Marvel Shows, I'm loving them all. Powers was a good one on the Playstation network. Legion is by far the most cryptic yet. Syd is easy on the eyes.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Syd is foine

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

This show just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Tonight's episode was a whole new level of crazy (in a good way). It's probably the show I look forward to the most every week. Only 3 episodes left in the first season and I'll be sad to see it go.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with everything in the last two posts.

I am pretty sure my wife thinks I'm crazy because of how much I like this crazy show.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I'm really enjoying this show. Nothing else has quite the same visual style as it. I'm mostly hoping that they don't pull a lost and bring up more questions than they can possibly answer.

Every time we watch this show, I feel like I'm having that free trip (flashback) I was promised after doing LSD 40+ years ago. For my husband and I, Legion is more like the car wreck you can't not look at.

I totally get the "pull a Lost" thing and almost feel that way already.

Country
    Country Flag

Well you got a fair amount of answers this episode. They gave us a large amount of exposition but kept it interesting. I love how this show isn't afraid to dive in head-first with whatever idea they come up with. I also liked that they actually used the name of the villain from the comics and mainly followed the story. I was afraid they would just make up a random character to be the villain like they did with almost every other character. It works for the current story but if they plan to tie it into the rest of the X-Men universe they needed to start using some characters that already existed. Too bad there is only one episode left this season.

Well you got a fair amount of answers this episode. They gave us a large amount of exposition but kept it interesting. I love how this show isn't afraid to dive in head-first with whatever idea they come up with. I also liked that they actually used the name of the villain from the comics and mainly followed the story. I was afraid they would just make up a random character to be the villain like they did with almost every other character. It works for the current story but if they plan to tie it into the rest of the X-Men universe they needed to start using some characters that already existed. Too bad there is only one episode left this season.
    I don't think there's really going to be any major ties to the rest of the X-Men universe, only really small connections and nods.

I'm gonna put this in spoiler tags just in case, though it's not really spoilers.

Spoiler:
    Like the Charles Exavier wheel chair cameo from this episode, and how classroom sequence showed David's father as a bald psychic, and Lenny says she knows David's real father. But I doubt we'll ever see Charles Exavier on the show or any of the main mutants. I'll be really interested to see how they wrap the season or even show up, because if David is ever in a position where is has full control over his powers without the fear of the Shadow King then the show has to be over, because that's just how powerful he is.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This show is like a really awesome LSD trip. Love all the crazy visuals and trippy action. Like another user here posted, it's the show I look forward to the most.

That chalkboard sequence was very well done.

Country
    Country Flag

To be honest, I was slightly disappointed in the finale. It was mainly the boss fight that resorted to the cliche superheroes charging each other. It should have been a battle on the astral plain. Fight scenes in general were a little weak during the entire season. That being said, this was still my favorite show of the year so far. I am excited for the possibilities of where it can go from here and that they left the Shadow King alive to continue to be a villain in the series.

To be honest, I was slightly disappointed in the finale. It was mainly the boss fight that resorted to the cliche superheroes charging each other. It should have been a battle on the astral plain. Fight scenes in general were a little weak during the entire season. That being said, this was still my favorite show of the year so far. I am excited for the possibilities of where it can go from here and that they left the Shadow King alive to continue to be a villain in the series.
    I'm not really suprised the fight at the end was fairly lackluster. The show was never really about the fights. My favorite fight from the show, wasn't even a fight itself, it was the aftermath of David after he went to rescue his sister.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great teaser. Legion was one of my favorite shows last year, can't wait to see the direction they head in this year.

Also Aubrey Plaza is fine af.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Almost time!!

Country
    Country Flag

It's back... and I have no idea what is going on.

Well, I do have some ideas but they are probably completely wrong. At least I never have to do acid. I can just go back and watch this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast