Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Constant Reader Awards will return in 2018!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IT first, The Stand a very close second.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

IT!! As for a second I'm going with Insomnia. Unlike a few others, I loved it.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

IT. Followed by The Dark Tower saga.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Insomnia was quite a special book; it started a bit slow (not necessarily a bad thing, especially with SK), but really ended up meaning something to me.

I haven't read it since it was new and I really need to get back to it, which, since I insist on rereading SK in order, and since I'm focusing for a while on non-SK things, may not happen until 2019 or 2020.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Insomnia was quite a special book; it started a bit slow (not necessarily a bad thing, especially with SK), but really ended up meaning something to me.

I haven't read it since it was new and I really need to get back to it, which, since I insist on rereading SK in order, and since I'm focusing for a while on non-SK things, may not happen until 2019 or 2020.
    Ah good! I'm not the only one who enjoyed it. Hopefully when you get to it in a few years you'll still like it!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Ah good! I'm not the only one who enjoyed it.
    Far from it; there are a few of us out here. There are real streaks of humanity through King's best works, and one runs pretty strong in Insomnia.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Hopefully when you get to it in a few years you'll still like it!
    Hopefully, indeed. Some books don't change for you through the years, but others...let's just say that my 2011 Talisman re-read didn't go so well.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The best written book was The Dead Zone. Hands down.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I've always felt that way as well. It just moves like clockwork. I probably enjoy other classics more for various reasons, but that is a "perfect" (or near) novel.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    I've always felt that way as well. It just moves like clockwork. I probably enjoy other classics more for various reasons, but that is a "perfect" (or near) novel.
    Maybe I need to reread that book. When I first read The Dead Zone about 20 years ago, I remember it being rather slow and not really pulling me in.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Maybe I need to reread that book. When I first read The Dead Zone about 20 years ago, I remember it being rather slow and not really pulling me in.
    DZ for me was a standout. It is still one of my all-time favorites.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I LOVE THE BOOK & THE MOVIE

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It, followed by The Stand. 3rd place goes to Green Mile.

The thread did state Top 3 right???
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

The Dead Zone is his best, 'Salem's Lot is my personal favorite.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just a quick heads up that the 2018 CRAs will indeed be kicking off very soon. An official announcement and thread are forthcoming shortly!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2