Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Rock: Hulu's Stephen King Universe series

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...-past-perfect/
    Our weekly coverage of Hulu’s Castle Rock continues as Losers Michael Roffman and Randall Colburn check into Maine’s creepiest bed and breakfast to watch “Past Perfect”.

Together, they debate on the merits of Jackie “Diane” Torrance and try to make sense of whatever the hell just happened at the end.

Listen above and remember to stream our exclusive interview with showrunners Dustin Thomason and Sam Shaw. Though, if you’re already listened to it, why don’t you leave us a glowing review on iTunes.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, just watched ep. 8 and while I am usually pretty intuitive concerning these type shows sussing out the theme and such, I'm pretty baffled as to what is going on here!!!! lol Probably getting too old for this stuff!! lol

At least there was some real action!! One observation I feel pretty comfortable with is that they law enforcement sure seems to have a very casual approach to murder (redrum) in, Castle Rock!!! lol lol If someone I knew and loved was murdered in Castle Rock you can be sure I'm calling the FBI!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Okay, just watched ep. 8 and while I am usually pretty intuitive concerning these type shows sussing out the theme and such, I'm pretty baffled as to what is going on here!!!! lol Probably getting too old for this stuff!! lol

At least there was some real action!! One observation I feel pretty comfortable with is that they law enforcement sure seems to have a very casual approach to murder (redrum) in, Castle Rock!!! lol lol If someone I knew and loved was murdered in Castle Rock you can be sure I'm calling the FBI!!! lol
    You think you're baffled now...wait for episode 9. Whoa.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...-henry-deaver/
    Our weekly coverage of Hulu’s Castle Rock continues as Losers Mckenzie Gerber, Michael Roffman, and Justin Gerber find a thinny and cross into the other world of “Henry Deaver”.

Together, they connect the dots between all the prior episodes, celebrate the show’s wild 180, and speculate on how the season will come to an end.

Listen above and remember to stream our exclusive interview with showrunners Dustin Thomason and Sam Shaw. Though, if you’re already listened to it, why don’t you leave us a glowing review on iTunes.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I cant wait to see the "GameSpot Universe" & "Think Story" videos on today's episod
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Traveler Mushabon is on a distinguished road Mushabon's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, I feel like my husband and I can't watch this show without suddenly becoming some kind of weird conspiracy theorist every five minutes. Such a great show!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

You think you're baffled now...wait for episode 9. Whoa.
    That is an understatement, what the hell did I just watch. I think I’ll need to watch 1-8 again now so I can try and figure this out.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why not rewatch episod 9 on its own. Then, next week, after the final episod, you could rewatch the whole show.
    Trust me, you'd may want to do that
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Why not rewatch episod 9 on its own. Then, next week, after the final episod, you could rewatch the whole show.
    Agreed -- Episode 10 will make your head spin.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Agreed -- Episode 10 will make your head spin.
    Great advice. Episode 9 just came out of nowhere and I felt I need to find my bearings again. I’ll watch 10 and then go back and watch the whole series.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Bev & I have been discussing the last episod, so wait and rewatch the entire show so you can think about it all

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One thing that bothers me a little is the idea that the town is cursed or a ‘hub’ for bad things. I never got that impression in King’s novels that the town was like Derry.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

The last episod is now available !

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...e-rock-romans/
    Our weekly coverage of Hulu’s Castle Rock wraps up as Mckenzie Gerber, Michael Roffman, and Randall Colburn close out the first season of the series with its highly anticipated finale, “Romans”.

Together, they meditate on the strength and weaknesses of the season, bemoan that ridiculous post-credits scene, and make some future predictions for the series.

Listen above and remember to stream our exclusive interview with showrunners Dustin Thomason and Sam Shaw. Though, if you’ve already listened to it, why don’t you leave us a glowing review on iTunes.

Country
    Country Flag

Something really bugs me in that last episod. And it's none of what you guys will probably think.

SPOILER

Spoiler:
    By the end, when Henry plays chess with his son Wendell... he moves his knight, as if it was a bishop. I dont know if there is a symbolism hidden within this scene, or if it's simply an error done during the shooting

NB : how fucking stupid was I? I couldnt help thinking about it since yesterday, creating some symbolism behind it while... it was the queen, not a knight!

And not anything spoilery but still
    Spoiler:
    10mins in, when the new warden gets papers. There are books on the background. The red and black sort of looks like a limited edition of "Danse Macabre", but I could be wrong. That designs also looks like the Suntup limited edition of Misery... but maybe that's a "common" design for the side?

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I stopped listening to these guys' podcast a while back. Too much goofing around, wasting time on random stuff, too much laughing at unfunny jokes, and some weird opinions that come out of the blue and have nothing to do with the topic of CR the show (like "John Rainbird is such an ridiculous character," "Victor Pascow is stupid," "Doctor Sleep the movie will be a sequel to Kubrick's movie," and more and more. What the heck?). Weird opinions aside, they don't strike me as fans in general (except for CR which they love so much it makes you wonder if they were involved with the production). I wonder how they got the permission to have such a podcast. When they finally focus on discussing the show, it's pretty good. But as a whole, it's a waste of time. Others out there do it much, much better. So, no, won't listen to it, but judging from the little snippet above, I do agree that the post-credit sequence was...well, maybe not ridiculous, but definitely unnecessary...unless it's a kind of teaser for the second season.

Although I liked this show, I'm also disappointed. They didn't wrap it up the way they should...but I assume a re-watch or more will make things clearer. I loved the performances and the mystery. I hope a second season will be a more focused story, and spending less time on characters that don't really go anywhere, and filler that is just that...filler. I love shows that are weird and doesn't serve everything on a platter, but just don't overdo it. And yup, Spacek should be nominated for her work in "The Queen." That episode alone, although confusing at times, was worth it all. On to better things (in my opinion): the second season of Mr. Mercedes.

Country
    Country Flag

The Losers Club are most definitely King fans. Go back in the podcast feed and check out their book episodes.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was alright but aside from Bill and Sissy I was underwhelmed with this season.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.... Yawn. Another waste of time.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    I stopped listening to these guys' podcast a while back. Too much goofing around, wasting time on random stuff, too much laughing at unfunny jokes, and some weird opinions...
    I agree with you. I haven't listened to the Castle Rock podcasts, because the show bored me enough to not want to spend more time on related things, but also in their book episode they tend to go off on in-joke tangents that are unfunny to me as a listener, or spend too much time discussing unrelated pop culture like their favorite indy bands. Things that should be edited out, because they make the podcast long and hard to listen to.

But yeah, this show bored me... I don't mind slow-burners, but this went nowhere and characters took forever to develop if they did at all. Just like with Under The Dome, I'm not gonna stick around for season 2.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuck this show. 2.8 out of 5.

These are the other shitty seasons that surround Castle Rock: Season 1 on my spreadsheet.

Robot Chicken: Season 8 - 20 episodes 2.11
    Archer: Season 8 (Archer Dreamland) - 8 episodes 2.13
    American Horror Story: Season 7 (Cult) - 11 episodes 2.18
    Family Guy: Season 16 - 20 episodes 2.18
    Dating Naked: Season 1 - 10 episodes 2.25
    Joey: Season 1 - 24 episodes 2.25
    Survivorman: Season 1 - 9 episodes 2.25
    American Dad: Season 13 - 22 episodes 2.27
    Animals: Season 1 - 10 episodes 2.3
    Baskets: Season 1 - 10 episodes 2.3
    South Park: Season 20 - 10 episodes 2.3
    Animals: Season 2 - 10 episodes 2.33
    Goosebumps: Season 1 - 19 episodes 2.42
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Season 3 - 13 episodes 2.46
    Baskets: Season 3 - 10 episodes 2.5
    Channel Zero: Season 1 - 6 episodes 2.5
    Family Guy: Season 14 - 20 episodes 2.5
    Jean-Claude Van Johnson: Season 1 - 6 episodes 2.5
    Last Man On Earth: Season 4 - 18 episodes 2.5
    SMILF: Season 1 - 8 episodes 2.5
    Fuller House: Season 1 - 13 episodes 2.54
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012): Season 1 - 26 episodes 2.54
    American Dad: Season 12 - 15 episodes 2.6
    Guest Book: Season 1 - 10 episodes 2.6
    Lip Sync Battle: Season 1 - 19 episodes 2.6
    South Park: Season 19 - 10 episodes 2.6
    Wrecked: Season 1 - 10 episodes 2.6
    Married: Season 2 - 13 episodes 2.62
    Archer: Season 9 (Danger Island) - 8 episodes 2.63
    Those Who Can't: Season 1 - 10 episodes 2.63
    Mr. Robinson: Season 1 - 6 episodes 2.67
    Life In Pieces: Season 3 - 22 episodes 2.71
    Who Is America: Season 1 - 7 episodes 2.71
    A To Z: Season 1 - 13 episodes 2.75
    American Dad: Season 11 - 3 episodes 2.75
    Capture: Season 1 - 10 episodes 2.75
    Cleveland Show: Season 4 - 23 episodes 2.75
    Event: Season 1 - 22 episodes 2.75
    Family Tools: Season 1 - 10 episodes 2.75
    How To Live With Your Parents: Season 1 - 13 episodes 2.75
    Inside No. 9: Season 1 - 6 episodes 2.75
    King Of The Nerds: Season 1 - 8 episodes 2.75
    Mad Love: Season 1 - 13 episodes 2.75
    Marchlands: Season 1 - 5 part miniseries 2.75
    Michael J. Fox Show: Season 1 - 22 episodes 2.75
    Mind Of Mencia: Season 2 - 15 episodes 2.75
    Neighbors: Season 2 - 22 episodes 2.75
    New Normal: Season 1 - 22 episodes 2.75
    Once Upon A Time In Wonderland: Season 1 - 13 episodes 2.75
    Robot Chicken: Season 6 - 20 episodes 2.75
    Sarah Silverman Program: Season 1 - 6 episodes 2.75
    Sing-Off: Season 2 - 5 episodes 2.75
    Sliders: Season 4 - 22 episodes 2.75
    South Park: Season 17 - 10 episodes 2.75
    Stars Earn Stripes: Season 1 - 5 episodes 2.75
    Truth Be Told: Season 1 - 10 episodes 2.75
    Under The Dome: Season 2 - 13 episodes 2.75
    Wet Hot American Summer: First Day Of Camp: Season 1 - 8 episodes 2.75
    Wilfred (2011): Season 2 - 13 episodes 2.75
    Wilfred (2011): Season 4 - 10 episodes 2.75
    Archer: Season 5 (Archer Vice) - 13 episodes 2.77
    You're The Worst: Season 2 - 13 episodes 2.77
    Castle Rock: Season 1 - 10 episodes 2.8
    Baskets: Season 2 - 10 episodes 2.8
    2 Broke Girls: Season 5 - 22 episodes 2.81
    Big Bang Theory: Season 11 - 24 episodes 2.83
    Fear The Walking Dead: Season 1 2.83
    Prisoner (2009): Season 1 - 6 episodes 2.83
    Odd Couple: Season 2 - 13 episodes 2.85
    Zoo: Season 1 - 13 episodes 2.85
    Vice Principals: Season 2 - 9 episodes 2.89
    Blood Drive: Season 1 - 13 episodes 2.92
    Comedians: Season 1 - 13 episodes 2.92
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Season 2 - 13 episodes 2.92
    2 Broke Girls: Season 4 - 22 episodes 2.95
    2 Broke Girls: Season 6 - 22 episodes 2.95
    Mick: Season 2 - 20 episodes 2.95

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While definitely not "great," Castle Rock is still better than just about any other Stephen King-based TV show I have watched. That isn't a high standard unfortunately.

I was disappointed in the finale but there were episodes that were pretty damn good, mainly The Queen. My guess as to why they ended like they did is because
    Spoiler:
    they wanted to keep the cause of the evil in town. That way they have something to partly explain the crazy things that will happen in future seasons.

I will give the next season a try. I can't say the same of The Mist.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

The show didn't have a horror genre feel. The show was very ant-climactic. To put it another way. Nothing really happens, the viewers didn't get a conclusion of the story. Without giving anything away, it was a giant circle from the beginning to the end. Cage to cage so to speak. Meh?! This was all we get? I was very disappointed with this and I feel season 2 will be 20 episodes.....of nothing.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking about Fargo and I think that's a show that really feels like something the Coens would do. I think an approach like that would be great for a Stephen King show. But it feels more like J. J. Abrams's than King's. You could change the names of the characters and if you marketed it as something else I don't think anyone would say "Hey this reminds me of Stephen King".

My Collection

I think the conversation between Molly and Ruth on the bridge in the finale is very Kingy in the sense that
    Spoiler:
    Ruth is aware that she's done this journey before and all she wants is to go back and try it again to fix the things she got wrong this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast