Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Rock: Hulu's Stephen King Universe series

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...-rock-the-box/
    Our weekly coverage of Hulu’s Castle Rock continues as Losers Dan Caffrey, Justin Gerber, and Michael Roffman grab a shovel and dig deep into episode four, “The Box”.

Together, they talk about creepy barbers, the Deaver Bone Zone, raw fish, Henry Deaver’s haunting memories, Scott Glenn’s diamond career, and, naturally, Roy Orbison.

Listen above and stay tuned next week for another episode recap. In the meantime, make sure you keep reading It and that you leave us a glowing review on iTunes. We love those.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I didn't find it slow at all. I think they used the first 3 ep. to set up the bulk of the mysteries to be explained/revealed later. I'm all in on this one. I think you have to give it at least the first season before you can draw any conclusions. It certainly wet my appetite and I really like the SK Universe angle so far. JMHO
    It's a little like LOST, except they're answering the questions by the end of the season. I'm up to episode 8 and I'm still enjoying it.
    That is a worthy recommendation.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    All the comments saying it's slow makes me nervous.
    I tend to be hard on TV/movies so definitely check it out for yourself. Your experience could be completely different.
    I have fallen asleep multiple times attempting to watch an episode. Thus far it is not frightening at all. "Fast and Furious," the 27th installment, was more frightening to me because it made over a billion dollars.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I like the show, but it needs to pick up speed and get going with the creepy stuff, and put slow character developments aside. The same little issue I had with the Mr. Mercedes show but that one turned very good all of a sudden. Based on the ending of episode 4, and some trailers, I'm confident CR will soon do that as well.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's decent so far. Better than something like 'Under the Dome' at least. Although as I guessed the King connections (aside from Pangborn and Shawshank) feel mostly tangential.

A mild disappointment with episode 4 was
    Spoiler:
    I heard somewhere that another SK character was going to show up in this episode and people were acting like episode 4 was shocking so I was kind of hoping for some sort of 'reveal' in terms of a big character appearance like R.F. Turns out the character was the old guy who apparently is related to some minor character from 'The Body'. Meh.

One SK character I'd like to see appear is Trisha McFarland who I guess would be 28 now.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    It's decent so far. Better than something like 'Under the Dome' at least. Although as I guessed the King connections (aside from Pangborn and Shawshank) feel mostly tangential.

A mild disappointment with episode 4 was
    Spoiler:
    I heard somewhere that another SK character was going to show up in this episode and people were acting like episode 4 was shocking so I was kind of hoping for some sort of 'reveal' in terms of a big character appearance like R.F. Turns out the character was the old guy who apparently is related to some minor character from 'The Body'. Meh.

One SK character I'd like to see appear is Trisha McFarland who I guess would be 28 now.
    My memory is terrible. Had to Google the name.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoilers for today’s episode

Spoiler:
    Jackie Torrance:

“I had this uncle though. He was a writer too. One winter he just flipped his lid and tried to axe murder his wife and kids in a fancy ski resort. And my folks will never talk to me about it. So I took his name… to piss them off. My real name’s Diane.”

Looks like they’re using the film over the books now.

1. Jack used a mallet. Not an axe.
    2. Doctor Sleep showed that the story Wendy gave was that Jack died a hero trying to stop the boiler from exploding. Only she and Danny knew that he went crazy.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...-rock-harvest/
    Our weekly coverage of Hulu’s Castle Rock continues as Losers Randall Colburn, Justin Gerber, and Michael Roffman eat some animal crackers and stroll across Pangborn Bridge and into “Harvest”.

Together, they talk about that buzzing in Henry Deaver’s ears, Scott Glenn’s emotional performance, the show’s lamest Easter Egg yet, and why Bill Skarsgård is terrifying despite having a great ass.

Listen above and stay tuned next week for another episode recap. In the meantime, make sure you keep reading It and that you leave us a glowing review on iTunes. We love those.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't watched the most recent episode but so far I like what I am seeing (except for the performance of the woman from Two and a Half Men who kind of annoys me.) It does feel more like Lost than a horror show. But then the characters in King's works normally get hundreds of pages to develop between the acts of horror. Why do some expect non-stop horror or action?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok this is a dumb question, regarding Jackie in episod 5

Spoiler:

So her name is Diane Torrance, and to piss her parents off, she took Jack's name and became Jackie Torrance?

Because I originally thought, but now that doesnt make any sense in my mind, that originally, her name was Jackie Diane, and she became Jackie Torrance, to piss her parents off....

Thanks !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Ok this is a dumb question, regarding Jackie in episod 5

Spoiler:

So her name is Diane Torrance, and to piss her parents off, she took Jack's name and became Jackie Torrance?

Because I originally thought, but now that doesnt make any sense in my mind, that originally, her name was Jackie Diane, and she became Jackie Torrance, to piss her parents off....

Thanks !
    Spoiler:
    Yeah she's Jack's niece and changed her name to Jackie from Diane.

My Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I haven't watched the most recent episode but so far I like what I am seeing (except for the performance of the woman from Two and a Half Men who kind of annoys me.) It does feel more like Lost than a horror show. But then the characters in King's works normally get hundreds of pages to develop between the acts of horror. Why do some expect non-stop horror or action?
    It's getting better for me now with each episode.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

So far I love it
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh I was SO afraid they were going to kill off Jackie T. That would be sad for me.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The series is not yet finished...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Last week I discovered the youtuber "Think Story" that analysis the episods of Castle Rock. Not from the point of view of easter eggs (I appreciate the videos from GameSpot for that), but for the actual story of the serie... and it's pretty interesting !
    > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC34...KN30A8aJ2eIMPA

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Hulu has renewed “Castle Rock,” its drama that pays tribute to the Stephen King universe, for a second season.

From creators Sam Shaw and Dustin Thomason, the anthology drama is set in Castle Rock — the ill-fated fictional Maine town featured in such King works as “The Dead Zone” and “Cujo” — and weaves together characters and themes from King’s book catalog to present an original story.

The 10-episode first season revolved around Henry Deaver (André Holland of “Moonlight”), a death-row attorney who returns to his hometown after a mysterious young man (Bill Skarsgard) is found in a cage inside a hidden area of Shawshank State Penitentiary.

The series also stars Sissy Spacek, a veteran of the King world after making her breakthrough in 1976 as the title character in the big-screen adaptation of “Carrie.”

Although Hulu does not release ratings data, the nebulous details it did share about the show’s performance included:
    • On the day of its premiere, “Castle Rock” became the most successful first-season Hulu Original launch in terms of consumption and reach.
    • The series also has among the highest view-through rates for a Hulu Original in both its first and second weeks since launch.
    • The second season of the drama will also be set in Castle Rock, but will feature a new narrative and cast.

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...e-rock-filter/
    Our weekly coverage of Hulu’s Castle Rock continues as Losers McKenzie Gerber, Dan Caffrey, and Michael Roffman head into the forest for “Filter”.

Together, they talk about Ruth’s chess board, the sounds of the universe, Pangborn’s junkyard trip, and whether or not this series is heading to Mid-World.

Listen above and stay tuned next week for another episode recap. In the meantime, make sure you keep reading It and that you leave us a glowing review on iTunes.

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...ock-the-queen/
    Our weekly coverage of Hulu’s Castle Rock continues as Losers McKenzie Gerber, Justin Gerber, and Michael Roffman step into the midn of Ruth Deaver for “The Queen”.

Together, they piece together Ruth’s puzzling memories, debate on whether The Kid is truly evil, and mourn the death of a legend.

Listen above and stay tuned next week for another episode recap. In the meantime, make sure you keep reading It and that you leave us a glowing review on iTunes.

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on today's episode?

Spoiler:
    Sissy gave a great performance. A bit surprised Alan Pangborn was killed off in such a fashion given how he's the only real anchor to King's canon thus far.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Thoughts on today's episode?

Spoiler:
    Sissy gave a great performance. A bit surprised Alan Pangborn was killed off in such a fashion given how he's the only real anchor to King's canon thus far.
    Yeah, Spacek was great.

As far as, Pangborn goes do we really know for sure that he is dead? I mean I want to re-watch the episode, but it was all about time travel as well as what was/is going on in her head. I haven't quite figured out how it all fits with the "God's Voice" thing we learned in the last episode yet. like I said I need to go back and re-watch the last two.

Having said all that I'd welcome anyone's theories and such on the storyline so far. The only thing I feel relatively certain about is that "pennywise" (as I refer to him) is not the Devil so much as a time traveler of sorts or some one lost in the stream of time.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really good episode that made me think of Lost's The Constant. It made my wife cry.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Really good episode that made me think of Lost's The Constant. It made my wife cry.
    This is the episode I called the Sissy Spacek emmy performance when I first saw it. I love the way they re-integrated things we'd seen in previous shows to let us know what was actually going on in her head at the time. And, yeah, AP is toast., But I'm still not sure what's going on with the Kid. At times he seems to be channeling her late husband, but I still think there's more going on than that.

Country
    Country Flag

spoiler

Or it's actually him, or it is her reminiscence of her husband. Not sure yet, but this is intriguing.
    Also noticed the "Storm of the century" reference with the mention of the tea pot?
    I think that there may be something related to Andre Linoge...

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...ers-interview/
    Our weekly coverage of Hulu’s Castle Rock continues in this special bonus episode featuring exclusive interviews with showrunners Dustin Thomason and Sam Shaw.

The two masterminds discuss their time growing up with Stephen King, how they dreamed up a return to Castle Rock, and the majesty of last night’s episode “The Queen”.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast