Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Castle Rock: Hulu's Stephen King Universe series

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ep 6 is available now

The Mother
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really liking the season so far, it's what the first season should have been.

That being said I'm not that crazy about the supernatural stuff, I'd rather it just be Annie Wilkes and the Merrill family conflict.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just caught up last night. This season is pretty good but I do agree that the supernatural part is the weakest. It appears they are going to an effort to link the seasons although that link is a little confusing at the moment.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Just caught up last night. This season is pretty good but I do agree that the supernatural part is the weakest. It appears they are going to an effort to link the seasons although that link is a little confusing at the moment.
    leave that out. It is the worst part of a great season. I agree!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What did everyone think of the finale?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I was surprised how little conversation this season finale and season has garnered.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

“Yawn”
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I loved it.
    And I think that the Gamespot people are onto an interesting theory in their latest youtube video
    >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPeM2AvVVqM
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    “Yawn”
    Not totally sure but I think I will mark Kris down as NOT A FAN. ha!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

I liked it.
    Looking forward to more and, hopefully, seeing how the kid figures in all of it.

Country
    Country Flag

Some people think he's R.F. but IMO they're way too different. That being said he's more similar to him than the R.F. in Gwendy's Button Box so who knows...

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Check out this video, after 16min : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPeM2AvVVqM&t=11s
    There is an interesting theory, which would....
    Spoiler:
    link the kid to the crimson king
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Castle Rock s2 arrives on digital (january 21st) and DVD/Blurays on May 19
    Details >>> https://tvweb.com/castle-rock-season...-release-date/

Country
    Country Flag

Season 2 is supposedly being released today on digital.
    Could anybody in the US please confirm to me that it is NOT available on Disney+ ?

Thanks

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Not on Disney + that I can see. You can buy it on Apple+
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

thanks !

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All the adult programming Disney has will come out on Hulu which is where this was released anyway. So if you have the Disney+ package with Hulu then you would have it.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Finally watched the last two episodes of S2 yesterday. That ending!

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I didn't think it would be that dark.

I wonder which characters are going to pop up in season three. They are obviously going to tie the seasons together but do they have a plan to ever explain who/what the Skarsgard character is?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I finally just got around to watching season 2. I really struggled with season 1. I enjoyed it at the beginning then I just completely lost interest and never finished the last 2 episodes. So I got thoroughly confused when near the end of season 2 Bill reappeared. I went back and watched the end of season 1 but it's honestly been too long, so I still have no idea what was going on there and it didn't help me understand what was going on at the end of season 2. I wish they had kept it as a straight story about Annie, and didn't include any of that weird supernatural/cult stuff. It didn't really flow with the rest of the season for me. But if you omit that little bit near the end, I really enjoyed this season overall, and what a dark ending!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I just started season 2. Watched the first 5 so far, and will watch the next 5 tomorrow after work.

I loved season one, but I'm really liking this season so far. Much better.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I finally just got around to watching season 2. I really struggled with season 1. I enjoyed it at the beginning then I just completely lost interest and never finished the last 2 episodes. So I got thoroughly confused when near the end of season 2 Bill reappeared. I went back and watched the end of season 1 but it's honestly been too long, so I still have no idea what was going on there and it didn't help me understand what was going on at the end of season 2. I wish they had kept it as a straight story about Annie, and didn't include any of that weird supernatural/cult stuff. It didn't really flow with the rest of the season for me. But if you omit that little bit near the end, I really enjoyed this season overall, and what a dark ending!
    I couldn't finish season one either but season two was great IMO.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just watched season 2 and now I want to re-read Misery and Salem's Lot!

Overall, I thought this was a fantastic season and Lizzy Caplan deserves an Emmy nomination for sure. Such a fantastic performance. It was neither parody nor copy of Kathy Bates's Annie, but she really captured the character's essence. And with the way she walked and the cadence of her voice it really linked both performances and I can totally accept this being a Misery prequel. The Salem's Lot stuff, on the other hand, I don't think was as successful. I was loving it up until the reveal that it was the 400-year-old cultists instead of vampires. How do you get the rights to Salem's Lot and not do vampires?! I guess they were trying to do something different using some of King's Lot short stories, but it just didn't have the impact that vampires would've, I think. I'm still a little fuzzy on their motivations. I mean, I know they wanted to return to take over the town (and then the world) but...why?

And The Kid coming back and linking both seasons together was a nice and welcome surprise, but I still can't reconcile his involvement and being the same person/entity as The Angel. It just doesn't work for me, especially because that makes it seem like the whole Henry Deaver flashback episode last season was a waste of time. And to only use him for, what, less than a couple minutes of screen time?

But overall, such a fun, bingeable, twisty season that I enjoyed a lot more than season 1. Still no word on Season 3 but I hope it happens.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So glad you enjoyed it Ricky. I loved Lizzy as Annie. She did such a great job. It really did feel as if you were watching a younger Annie Wilkes. I said it above, but I would have preferred they stayed with keeping it a story about Annie instead of bringing in all that stuff at the end. It didn't flow well and was confusing. I would have preferred a stand alone season instead of connecting it back to season 1. Haven't heard anything about them doing another season, but since this one was so well received, I really do hope that they continue on.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    And The Kid coming back and linking both seasons together was a nice and welcome surprise, but I still can't reconcile his involvement and being the same person/entity as The Angel. It just doesn't work for me, especially because that makes it seem like the whole Henry Deaver flashback episode last season was a waste of time. And to only use him for, what, less than a couple minutes of screen time?
    Even in the first season it was unclear whether or not his flashback was true as the whole episode was just him telling his story to someone else.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast