Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Young Pope / HBO Spoilers!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

:radioactive: The Young Pope / HBO Spoilers!!!!

So, is nobody watching this? The show has just completed it's first (and last?) season. Certainly a show worthy of discussion. Anyone care to chime in? Was/is, Lenny a "Saint" or maybe more? What about the church?

I kinda took the whole show as a "What if, Jesus came back to Earth and wasn't too thrilled with what the church (and humanity) has done so far"?

Certainly worthy of some discussion. If you haven't seen it, I would suggest you do. It definitely strikes me as a "what the viewer thinks" kind of show.

Your thoughts?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I asked a while back and got Jiminy.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I asked a while back and got Jiminy.
    I apologize, I didn't see any other threads. It really got me thinking, the odd differences in the "star" through the opening sequence and of course, Lenny's reign. I was 'googling" the shit out of things!!! lol Very thought provoking, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing to apologize for, I just think you and I are the only people watching. I love the show. I haven't watched the finale yet.

It's different than anything else on TV right now and Jude Law is simply amazing. I'm a Catholic. I still go to church every Sunday. I went to Catholic school from K through High School. I must say, I agree with a lot of the stuff Lenny has said. I think a huge problem with the church right now is there are too many part-time Catholics. It really is a thought provoking show. I kind of wish Diane Keaton had more to do though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not Catholic, but my wife and children are not to mention I grew up in a predominantly "Catholic" neighborhood. So, I found it to be very interesting and entertaining. I am curious how you took the whole thing in general. For me it seemed to be a show illustrating.........

Spoiler:
    What if God, sent Jesus back and wasn't entirely satisfied with how the church is getting on in the world. To me, Lenny was at least a Saint if not the second coming of sorts. From that perspective it made the show extremely interesting IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched it. I think too they were making him out to be a, hm, conduit? It was interesting, and has been renewed for a second season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I watched it. I think too they were making him out to be a, hm, conduit? It was interesting, and has been renewed for a second season.

Spoiler:
    The several references to, Lenny being more handsome than the Lord was what lead me to think he was perhaps more than a Saint. There was also something to the opening credits (All Along the Watchtower) that seemed to support this though I have yet to find anyone else who spotted the differences and innuendo contained in the subtle variations The coy "wink" stood out to me as well..

I too saw that there is a second season based on the original Italian TV series, but has HBO confirmed a second season?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!