Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 644 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 377 427 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 16086

Thread: Suntup Editions

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jeff I particularly like how you are always on the verge of getting mad at us during the videos. Love’em!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    'Tis good stuff, main.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Jeff, your videos are indeed awesome. Your reactions are priceless and I really like how you describe the books. That's the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I’m really quite grumpy and unhappy on a daily basis, but when I watch Jeff’s videos it’s the only time I get to laugh, and the only thing that can make me laugh. He’s doing a great service to humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Jeff I particularly like how you are always on the verge of getting mad at us during the videos. Love’em!
    I'm a little shocked that not only are there people who watch my videos, but that they would also be willing to admit to it in front of others.

This is all very high praise and it means a lot to me.

Paul I can't imagine you as a grumpy person! Though I'd imagine that someone who works as hard as you do would be routinely disappointed in the mindset of others.

And Vincent--when you consider that I'm looking at myself in the iPhone when I'm doing these videos, it makes much more sense at why I would react angrily. I'm routinely disappointed with the mindset of the guy in the iPhone.

Thank you all for watching.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I get to go out once a year and get autographs from horror celebs and this year, I have a shot at getting Danny Lloyd's autograph. Would his signature on The Shining Print decrease or add value for folks? That cover is from a movie tie-in paperback. It's not until next month which is good since I am broke at the moment but the responses might give me a clue as to what I should do....

(I'll move this to the SK collecting questions thread if it is unwelcome here by some, thanks)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I get to go out once a year and get autographs from horror celebs and this year, I have a shot at getting Danny Lloyd's autograph. Would his signature on The Shining Print decrease or add value for folks? That cover is from a movie tie-in paperback. It's not until next month which is good since I am broke at the moment but the responses might give me a clue as to what I should do....

(I'll move this to the SK collecting questions thread if it is unwelcome here by some, thanks)
    If it adds value for you, do it.

I had three of the actors who played Cenobites sign my Earthling edition of Hellbound Heart. I am thrilled to have those signatures (and memories—they were fantastic and gracious). But I wouldn’t expect those signatures to boost the value of the book. Others might not like it that people who had nothing to do with the book are memorialized within in. Since they’re two entirely different pieces of art. In that instance I don’t care.

But for me, The Shining novel and The Shining movie are almost completely separate and I wouldn’t want Danny Lloyd’s signature on anything to do with the book. Though I guess I’d make an exception for that cool paperback movie tie-in cover. Even still I wouldn’t do it to drive up the monetary value.

I guess my point is that you’re the best person to answer your question.

**EDIT** but I’d love to hear what others think. Especially as it relates to a Suntup print.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Me too. Another person gave me the idea of getting the little authenticity card signed, another idea....

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would do it. Maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity. I got Lloyd, the woman in room 237 and the Grady twin actors to sign my CD copy of The Shining. Does it add value? Not sure, but I'm glad to have it. Association signature are cool. I had Clint Hill and Buell Frazier sign my copy of 11.22.63. Hill was the secret service agent who jumped on the trunk of JFK's car moments after he was killed and Frazier drove Oswald to work on the day of the assassination. Those folks won't be around forever. So when you get a chance, take it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post

I would do it. Maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity. I got Lloyd, the women in room 237 and the Grady twin actors to sign my CD copy of The Shining. Does it add value? Not sure, but I'm glad to have it. Association signature are cool. I had Clint Hill and Buell Frazier sign my copy of 11.22.63. Hill was the secret service agent who jumped on the trunk of JFK's car moments after he was killed and Frazier drove Oswald to work on the day of the assassination. Those folks won't be around forever. So when you get a chance, take it.
    Im on the other side of the fence... cool to meet the actors but they ain't touching my books. Nope. Would not add value to me... AND if it was a rare book? Like say a 1st Shining (have either 1st movie or remake actress sign it) it would LOWER substantially the value I believe. King's pen should be the only one to sign.. BUT as Jeff said... if it adds value to YOU .. then by all means fill yer boots!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

It sounds to cool to me! I would do it if it makes you happy. Shining Print for sure. I have tons of movie posters signed by the actors in the 80s! That would be neat thing to have!

Wow, thank you guys for so many opinions here. Luckily I have plenty of time to think it over. I am leaning towards getting it signed but still need to mull it over a bit. But thank you so much!

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Paul, it doesn’t say on the product pages, but is the new book printed letterpress?

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I would do it. Maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity. I got Lloyd, the women in room 237 and the Grady twin actors to sign my CD copy of The Shining. Does it add value? Not sure, but I'm glad to have it. Association signature are cool. I had Clint Hill and Buell Frazier sign my copy of 11.22.63. Hill was the secret service agent who jumped on the trunk of JFK's car moments after he was killed and Frazier drove Oswald to work on the day of the assassination. Those folks won't be around forever. So when you get a chance, take it.
    Im on the other side of the fence... cool to meet the actors but they ain't touching my books. Nope. Would not add value to me... AND if it was a rare book? Like say a 1st Shining (have either 1st movie or remake actress sign it) it would LOWER substantially the value I believe. King's pen should be the only one to sign.. BUT as Jeff said... if it adds value to YOU .. then by all means fill yer boots!

For me it depends on the book. If it's a rare first edition or something really unique, I wouldn't let anyone other than King to sign. But most trade editions and reprints I'm more than happy to have an actor from the movie sign it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

For me it depends on the book. If it's a rare first edition or something really unique, I wouldn't let anyone other than King to sign. But most trade editions and reprints I'm more than happy to have an actor from the movie sign it.
    That literally is all that matters... if YOU like it and are happy, then go for the gold
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not related to who signs what but stunned to open my CD grab bag box today and find the following in the mix of books.

My eye keeps going to that Rosemary's Baby, nice!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Not related to who signs what but stunned to open my CD grab bag box today and find the following in the mix of books.
    That's a great selection. You did well!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

WOW! I can't believe that you got an RB AGE in there! That's like finding a $100 on the street.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    WOW! I can't believe that you got an RB AGE in there! That's like finding a $100 on the street.
    I couldn't believe it also....jaw dropping stunned.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I couldn't believe it also....jaw dropping stunned.
    It's like you bought RB and got 6 books for free. And I imagine the value of that particular AGE is only going to go up since it's the lowest print run of a Suntup AGE and it's the most stunning of the ones I've held so far, IMO.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Paul, it doesn’t say on the product pages, but is the new book printed letterpress?
    If it doesn't specifically state that a book is printed letterpress, then it is printed offset.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Paul,
    Curious and thought others may be too:

You use both "limited" (The Road, RB) OR "numbered" on the numbered edition descriptions. What's the thought process on that?

Limitation page in front or back. Wondered how/why you choose which for each publication?

Thx

seeking: anything DT#246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    If it doesn't specifically state that a book is printed letterpress, then it is printed offset.
    Thanks for clearing that up, and congratulations on another home run/slam dunk/some other sports metaphor of your choosing!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Paul,

You use both "limited" (The Road, RB) OR "numbered" on the numbered edition descriptions. What's the thought process on that?

Limitation page in front or back. Wondered how/why you choose which for each publication?

Thx

I started out referring to this edition as "Numbered", then made the decision to begin referring to them as "Limited". After some time it became clear that the best description for me in terms of what made the most sense, was "Numbered", so I went back to that. From now on, these will be called "Numbered". Final answer.

As for the limitation page, I know I probably threw a curve ball with Brother. For a deceased author, I will want it in the back. I think I mentioned somewhere that living authors would go in the front, but we got into a groove where ALL signature sheets were designed and planned for the back. I have a lot of books on the go, and systematizing things like this helps streamline the process. So without thinking, the signature sheet ended up in the back for Brother because that is how all books were planned. Personally, I would prefer they appear at the back whether the author is living or deceased. However, for some upcoming titles with living authors, I may put them in the front. There's no hard and fast rule, but in general, the back is the default. And as I think about it, sometimes the book tends to dictate. Not only with signature sheets, but this concept of the book leading the way can extend to introductions as well. I have one I'm working on right now where I keep feeling that this one should not have an introduction. Ultimately, where it ends up is where the book wanted it to end up. I kind of feel that way about it.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Paul,

Thx

I started out referring to this edition as "Numbered", then made the decision to begin referring to them as "Limited". After some time it became clear that the best description for me in terms of what made the most sense, was "Numbered", so I went back to that. From now on, these will be called "Numbered". Final answer.

As for the limitation page, I know I probably threw a curve ball with Brother. For a deceased author, I will want it in the back. I think I mentioned somewhere that living authors would go in the front, but we got into a groove where ALL signature sheets were designed and planned for the back. I have a lot of books on the go, and systematizing things like this helps streamline the process. So without thinking, the signature sheet ended up in the back for Brother because that is how all books were planned. Personally, I would prefer they appear at the back whether the author is living or deceased. However, for some upcoming titles with living authors, I may put them in the front. There's no hard and fast rule, but in general, the back is the default. And as I think about it, sometimes the book tends to dictate. Not only with signature sheets, but this concept of the book leading the way can extend to introductions as well. I have one I'm working on right now where I keep feeling that this one should not have an introduction. Ultimately, where it ends up is where the book wanted it to end up. I kind of feel that way about it.
    Ahh. . . Interesting. Was curious. Oh. . . Held my copy of Hill House last night. Just got it. Bravo!

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just put them all in the middle from now on.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm more worried that Tommy is only allowed out once a year
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 644 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 377 427 ... LastLast