Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 276 of 644 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 376 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 16091

Thread: Suntup Editions

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I’m a happy camper that we are getting another AGE
    +1. Now I have two Suntup books on order through Camelot.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    "We were asked not to share the password but nothing was mentioned of the images. In fact sharing images only helps Suntup, so I certainly don't see anything unethical or wrong with it."

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It’s a blatant and egregious breach of trust. I’m amazed at the fractured logic of this person.
    I think this is an example of the worst type of person. They give in to temptation and spoil the secret, but also come up with a justification for that action so they can believe they haven't done anything wrong, and at the same time be offended when other people get mad at them. So they can have their cake, eat it too, and be a big douche about it.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    That blatant disrespectful idiot on LT should be identified and publically shamed. I wouldnt even send him the book if I were Paul and refund his purchase. What an a**hole.
    Really?
    Yes, such a breach of trust should have consequences imo. The public shaming could be done without, that was emotion getting the better of me for which I apologize. I'd rather focus on the positive now, which is another beautiful book to look forward to.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just broke down and ordered the numbered, ordered the AGE a few days ago
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Evil is not paid with evil. That boy really did something very bad, I wouldn't do it. But I want to think that he is sorry for that bad decision.
    Now, today is a great day. We have with us a new publication of Paul and the return of AGE editions. I'm excited!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes all well stated, thank you... I've expressed my displeasure with it. Was not cool to say the least, but our energies should be focused on better things! Some good lessons were learned. No more private pre-orders. Those who want to match in future will have to scramble on opening day to get their number.

Spoiler:
    Kidding

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I must or should not read the spoiler. Welcome to the Jungle!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    What the Suntup Cool Kids Table members don't seem to get is that bragging about being able to buy a super secret book before it's officially announced is a bad look.

Flame away all you want and I'll stand by my opinion. If Paul isn't talking about the book, maybe you shouldn't either. I noticed I wasn't the only who said this.

Whoever said that Cool Kids doing this generates hype...are you sure pal?
    I agree. I was one of the guilty. I did wait until others had posted first, but that doesn’t excuse it.

I’ll keep mum in future.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What is LT?
    Kris, it's LibraryThing.com.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    ...I wouldnt even send him the book if I were Paul and refund his purchase. What an a**hole.

Paul can tell him it must have mistakenly been sent to the wrong address. (Paul, PM me for my address.)
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes all well stated, thank you... I've expressed my displeasure with it. Was not cool to say the least, but our energies should be focused on better things! Some good lessons were learned. No more private pre-orders. Those who want to match in future will have to scramble on opening day to get their number.

Spoiler:
    Kidding
    Never have I wanted a spoiler more
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I love that image of Neville with the dog.

One thing I've been meaning to ask since I got the pre-order mail: why no introduction for this one? I would think that with a sixty-five-year-old genre-defining classic, there are plenty of people with plenty to say about it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Here's my introduction - "Read this book - DAMMIT!"
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

One thing I've been meaning to ask since I got the pre-order mail: why no introduction for this one? I would think that with a sixty-five-year-old genre-defining classic, there are plenty of people with plenty to say about it.
    I was actually somewhat pleased to see that.

To me, I AM LEGEND is a novel that decades after its publication has earned its legacy as a genre-defining work, its spot in the pantheon of the most important works the genre has to offer. To my mind, an introduction inherently comes with declarative baggage, that it's there because the work has be justified, its importance explained to those either not familiar with it or who do not see it as valued as the person penning the introduction. I AM LEGEND has that rarified legacy that doesn't require justification or explanation; it can stand alone, on its own, as the influential work it has always been.

I mean, I get it, I do...I enjoy introductions, too, and they're often entertaining and occasionally informative. But in this case, I AM LEGEND is such a definitive classic that, for me, it's nice to see it just stand on its own merit as a book of tremendous influence and import, as a work of fictional genre art, without the distraction of an introduction and the inclusion of another name on a ToC page, one who had no part in the creation of Matheson's work back in '54. Just I AM LEGEND, just Matheson: clean, concise, and respectful of its legacy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good question. I did approach a couple authors for the intro but they were unavailable at the time. After some discussion with RC Matheson, we both felt that the book didn’t need an introduction and he preferred we go without, so we did. The story stands on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Here's my introduction - "Read this book - DAMMIT!"
    It’s a bit late, but had I received this sooner I would have lobbied for it.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

To me, I AM LEGEND is a novel that decades after its publication has earned its legacy as a genre-defining work, its spot in the pantheon of the most important works the genre has to offer. To my mind, an introduction inherently comes with declarative baggage, that it's there because the work has be justified, its importance explained to those either not familiar with it or who do not see it as valued as the person penning the introduction. I AM LEGEND has that rarified legacy that doesn't require justification or explanation; it can stand alone, on its own, as the influential work it has always been.

I mean, I get it, I do...I enjoy introductions, too, and they're often entertaining and occasionally informative. But in this case, I AM LEGEND is such a definitive classic that, for me, it's nice to see it just stand on its own merit as a book of tremendous influence and import, as a work of fictional genre art, without the distraction of an introduction and the inclusion of another name on a ToC page, one who had no part in the creation of Matheson's work back in '54. Just I AM LEGEND, just Matheson: clean, concise, and respectful of its legacy.
    I was still typing up my response so didn’t see this, but YES. Exactly. Very well stated, and this was the sentiment we had while arriving at the decision for no intro.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I was still typing up my response so didn’t see this, but YES. Exactly. Very well stated, and this was the sentiment we had while arriving at the decision for no intro.
    Paul, Richard Christian Matheson, and RC65: Great minds think alike.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

There you go.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Darn it! I went to the sight to order half a dozen lettered editions, but they were sold out!

Go figure!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Darn it! I went to the sight to order half a dozen lettered editions, but they were sold out!

Go figure!
    Hate it when that happens.

So there were 2 copies available when it went live. Both were gone by 9:02am.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

It looks great Paul. I am excited to add this to my collection. The numbered juat looks magnificent. As do the other versions. I am sure people know already but I am always impressed when the lettered sells out so quickly. They all look great Paul. Congrats on another fine book.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Wow, that was a very eloquent response, RC65, thank you.

However, can the same not be said about Rosemary's Baby and The Haunting of Hill House? Both are also certified genre classics, yet they each did get an introduction.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Just broke down and ordered the numbered, ordered the AGE a few days ago
    Way to go. Glad you got one.
    And let me just add that I knew of the story only from the movie. I had no idea that it was what would be called genre defining. Then this had to be in the collection.

Country
    Country Flag

Do not distort what Paul said. He was looking for someone to make an introduction, but they were unavailable at the time.

Wow, that was a very eloquent response, RC65, thank you.

However, can the same not be said about Rosemary's Baby and The Haunting of Hill House? Both are also certified genre classics, yet they each did get an introduction.
    Probably, though I readily admit I have a soft spot for I AM LEGEND, so don't personally feel as strong r.e. the other two that, you're right, do have a similar legacy.

I would say, however (and as objectively as I can be), I do think I AM LEGEND has a more enduring, timeless legacy than the other two, a larger footprint in the genre and literature/fiction in general. Both of the other books are important, respected, valued works, and they're both novels I love, but to my mind they seem more dated in their influence and pop-culture import...Jackson's work's in the '60s, Levin's in the '70s. The recent miniseries certainly brought Jackson's book back to the fore, but short of that, both it and Levin's novel (and the film of it) are touchstones of their respective decades, but Matheson's book has seen continual rebirths in interest (and films and graphic novels, etc. etc.) to make it fresh and relevant to each new decade. If a book has largely been out of the popular public consciousness, an introduction would indeed be a nice way to welcome it back when appearing in a new deluxe edition...but if it's been nearly omnipresent in that popular public consciousness since its publication, an introduction is much less warranted and, to my mind, less welcome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 276 of 644 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 376 ... LastLast