Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 645 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dan Simmons Maybe? That be awesome!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Obviously, it's this:

Spoiler:

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - so many vampire books out there... very curious what this could be! I don't get if there's a significance to the two red lines, that might be the only clue as to which particular book it could be, but that reference (if it is one) is over my head.

My hopes are 'Salem's Lot (highly unlikely), Lost Souls (Poppy Z. Brite is long overdue for an ultra-fancy edition), or I Am Legend (a favorite of mine, and also due an ultra-fancy edition).

Anne Rice is an obvious choice, and I would hesitate to say Dracula just because it has lots of fine editions because it's in the public domain, but I'd still be interested to see Paul's take on it. Let the Right One In was big and well-received, and would be another good one to draw more new customers into the Suntup fold.

There are just so, so many options...

Also, what an awesome way to tease it! Feels like a special treat for everyone who enjoys Jeff's videos, and an extra special treat to the man himself! Very, very cool.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I've been looking for the exact post, but Paul did tease that Jeff would be involved in a book announcement in some way. I guess this is that.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone on the forum said wouldn't it be cool if Jeff announced the next book, or something along those lines. I thought it was a great idea, so ran with it.

Those red lines on the back have nothing to do with anything.

You may also want to mark your calendars. I'll be doing a FB live on Friday 27th and will discuss RB shipping (I will have books to show you), I will announce the survey winners and also mention the new book...etc...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Someone on the forum said wouldn't it be cool if Jeff announced the next book, or something along those lines. I thought it was a great idea, so ran with it.

You may also want to mark your calendars. I'll be doing a FB live on Friday 27th and will discuss RB shipping (I will have books to show you), I will announce the survey winners and also mention the new book...etc...
    Sounds like a plan to me.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Wow - so many vampire books out there... very curious what this could be! I don't get if there's a significance to the two red lines, that might be the only clue as to which particular book it could be, but that reference (if it is one) is over my head.

My hopes are 'Salem's Lot (highly unlikely), Lost Souls (Poppy Z. Brite is long overdue for an ultra-fancy edition), or I Am Legend (a favorite of mine, and also due an ultra-fancy edition).

Anne Rice is an obvious choice, and I would hesitate to say Dracula just because it has lots of fine editions because it's in the public domain, but I'd still be interested to see Paul's take on it. Let the Right One In was big and well-received, and would be another good one to draw more new customers into the Suntup fold.

Also, what an awesome way to tease it! Feels like a special treat for everyone who enjoys Jeff's videos, and an extra special treat to the man himself! Very, very cool.
    Yeah, this was a really fun and awesome thing to be part of. A very special treat indeed. It's crazy to be one who helped with the announcement and still dying with anticipation to know what the announcement is!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I was kinda hoping for the cease and desist letter.

Just kidding, Jeff. You know how much I love your vids. This was another great one.

And Paul, you are the master of the pre-announcement hype. I swear my heart rate doubled when I saw the contents of the mystery box.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Awesome video! Cany wait to see what this next book is

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Are you thinking Children of the Night, Kris? Or Carrion Comfort? Either would be pretty great.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

Just kidding, Jeff. You know how much I love your vids. This was another great one.

And Paul, you are the master of the pre-announcement hype. I swear my heart rate doubled when I saw the contents of the mystery box.
    Thank you! I sent the stake to a forensics lab and they were able to scrape some DNA off of it. They're not sure what the DNA belongs to, but they said they'd get back to me about it. Seems there's been a lot of technicians taking sick time lately and that's stalled the analysis. I'm sure once those people turn up, I'll get my answers.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great video Jeff - I think a lot of people will be surprised by this.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Great video Jeff - I think a lot of people will be surprised by this.
    thank you! Intriguing!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Troop, it is a tent peg
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you thinking Children of the Night, Kris? Or Carrion Comfort? Either would be pretty great.
    I was talking to Nick and he thought Children of the Night and after reading up on it... I think it could be. It is one I have not read though. I also was hopeful for Wayward Pines but I don’t think they are vamps... so not sure. I still need to read Carrion too.. is that a good read brother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    The Troop, it is a tent peg
    Oh man this would be amazing

(And one of my suggestions I might add )

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be crazy not to say thanks to Paul for giving me this bit part! I loved every second of it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Thank you! I sent the stake to a forensics lab and they were able to scrape some DNA off of it. They're not sure what the DNA belongs to, but they said they'd get back to me about it. Seems there's been a lot of technicians taking sick time lately and that's stalled the analysis. I'm sure once those people turn up, I'll get my answers.
    Oh, Jeff. Don't tell me you peed on it Those red lines aren't your test results!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Let the Right One In would be cool.

Just out of legitimate curiosity, why do you hope for Salem's Lot?

I love the book and we all agree Suntup could make a fantastic version, but...why?
    We already have 2 editions from Centipede Press, 3 from Cemetery Dance and 1 from PS publishing(not sure if they did a lettered too).

6 limited editions of one book, 4 in the last few years, already seems like overkill to me. (Maybe that's why I barely collect anymore).
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

Let the Right One In would be cool.

I love the book and we all agree Suntup could make a fantastic version, but...why?
    We already have 2 editions from Centipede Press, 3 from Cemetery Dance and 1 from PS publishing(not sure if they did a lettered too).

6 limited editions of one book, 4 in the last few years, already seems like overkill to me. (Maybe that's why I barely collect anymore).
    I guessed Let the Right One In on another forum. Couple people over there think that it’s Needful Things and are convinced. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guessed Let the Right One In on another forum. Couple people over there think that it’s Needful Things and are convinced. lol
    Or Harry Potter. That thing could be a wand.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree that there have been a lot of versions of this book, and I do see the edition that Centipede Press did as a "definitive version", as in "a unique and interesting treatment and if the book never got another S/L I would be happy with this one."

However, I'm just totally enamored with a good small-press treatment of books I love, and Suntup is right on the forefront of that. So to me it matters less that there have been 1 or 5 or 10 prior versions of the book, and more that it is a book I like and that I think Paul could provide a worthy take on. He could produce exclusively versions of books that already have S/L editions from other presses and I'd still be happy. Is that an optimal use of his skills? Probably not. There are a lot of other really good limited editions out there that if they are never done again I'd feel like I have a copy that I'm happy with. But the number of previous editions of a book is less important to me than (1) "is it a book I like", and (2) "do I think Paul could provide a unique version of it", hence the interest in a Suntup edition of Dracula, which has been done many other times, some very, very well (thinking of the recent Amaranthine Books release, which was excellent).

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I took no offense at all to the question - it's totally legitimate and I could easily understand a different position from mine - that one might want a focus on the multitude of books that don't already have limited editions!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree lotuz. Very well put and my exact sentiment.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that there have been a lot of versions of this book, and I do see the edition that Centipede Press did as a "definitive version", as in "a unique and interesting treatment and if the book never got another S/L I would be happy with this one."

However, I'm just totally enamored with a good small-press treatment of books I love, and Suntup is right on the forefront of that. So to me it matters less that there have been 1 or 5 or 10 prior versions of the book, and more that it is a book I like and that I think Paul could provide a worthy take on. He could produce exclusively versions of books that already have S/L editions from other presses and I'd still be happy. Is that an optimal use of his skills? Probably not. There are a lot of other really good limited editions out there that if they are never done again I'd feel like I have a copy that I'm happy with. But the number of previous editions of a book is less important to me than (1) "is it a book I like", and (2) "do I think Paul could provide a unique version of it", hence the interest in a Suntup edition of Dracula, which has been done many other times, some very, very well (thinking of the recent Amaranthine Books release, which was excellent).

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I took no offense at all to the question - it's totally legitimate and I could easily understand a different position from mine - that one might want a focus on the multitude of books that don't already have limited editions!
    I'm on the same page m8. I collect for certain unique features that matter to me personally. It's why I collect both the lettered and numbered Malazan series for example which some would say is totally crazy. As long as a fine publisher put's something unique in an edition, I could buy 10 different versions. I think everyone agrees that Paul is a master in providing the unique
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 645 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 ... LastLast