+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 312 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 7798

Thread: Suntup Press

  1. #6351
    Maerlyn's Imp Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,237

    Default

    For anyone interested, I've posted pics of the gorgeous Numbered edition of Horns in my collection thread.

    HBJ
    ďIf you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.Ē
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

  2. #6352
    Gunslinger Apprentice Munnecom has a spectacular aura about Munnecom has a spectacular aura about Munnecom has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    395

    Default

    I just picked up my numbered copy from the post office. What can I say that hasn't been said already? I don't think I could have kicked off my Joe Hill collection in finer fashion.

    I'll have to think long and hard about whether I dare read this edition. Despite what Paul said, the scales on the spine (especially along the edges) feel awfully fragile and I'd hate to damage it somehow.

  3. #6353
    Great Old One Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    8,990
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I just picked up my numbered copy from the post office. What can I say that hasn't been said already? I don't think I could have kicked off my Joe Hill collection in finer fashion.

    I'll have to think long and hard about whether I dare read this edition. Despite what Paul said, the scales on the spine (especially along the edges) feel awfully fragile and I'd hate to damage it somehow.
    Congrats! That is a helluva way to start out your Hill collection.

    I read Joe's new intro from the limited as it'll be awhile before my AGE arrives and loved it! It's beautiful and candid.
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

  4. #6354
    Guardian of the Beam MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    3,484
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Got my Horns today. Man is it a fantastic book. The quality is top notch all around. Congrats Paul on another slam dunk winner. I am looking forward to reading it. May not be right away, but I will read it.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

  5. #6355
    Can Toi The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman has a reputation beyond repute The Library Policeman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,278
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Got my Horns today. Man is it a fantastic book. The quality is top notch all around. Congrats Paul on another slam dunk winner. I am looking forward to reading it. May not be right away, but I will read it.
    Yay! You got it a day early! Congratulations Mike.

  6. #6356
    Guardian of the Beam MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    3,484
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Got my Horns today. Man is it a fantastic book. The quality is top notch all around. Congrats Paul on another slam dunk winner. I am looking forward to reading it. May not be right away, but I will read it.
    Yay! You got it a day early! Congratulations Mike.
    Thanks Alan. What's even funnier than me getting a day earlier is you, who lives across the ocean, got it before me.
    I am just playin. I am glad we both got it. It is a really nice production. As I said before, I am so glad I jumped in with HHH.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

  7. #6357
    Honky Mahfah zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig people like to rub elbows with me zelig's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,507
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Cool Mike, that sucker finally arrived!

  8. #6358
    Gunslinger Apprentice Munnecom has a spectacular aura about Munnecom has a spectacular aura about Munnecom has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    395

    Default

    I just took a look at the original prospectus for Horns. The final design for the enclosure looks so much better than the original mock-up. Fantastic work all around, Mr Suntup!

    On another note, I spent longer than I'm willing to admit sniffing the leather and the paper.

  9. #6359
    Manni Folken ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,303
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I also noticed the book smelled really nice...nose kidding!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

    And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

  10. #6360
    Citizen of Gilead jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    791
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I just took a look at the original prospectus for Horns. The final design for the enclosure looks so much better than the original mock-up. Fantastic work all around, Mr Suntup!

    On another note, I spent longer than I'm willing to admit sniffing the leather and the paper.
    Yeah I was looking at my book more closely and I couldnít help wondering if the book was supposed to be this awesome or is it just mine? Anyone else notice this about theirs? Every time I take it out of the slipcase it strikes me. Itís impossible not to see it. I mean, Iím not complaining! Iím extremely happy with my numbered edition but I just canít help feeling that my copy is just somehow more awesome than others Iíve seen. Maybe because Iím holding it and huffing it with the limits of my olfactory senses. But itís really rather distracting. I find myself checking it for this condition repeatedly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #6361
    Servant of Gan Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,796
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I just took a look at the original prospectus for Horns. The final design for the enclosure looks so much better than the original mock-up. Fantastic work all around, Mr Suntup!

    On another note, I spent longer than I'm willing to admit sniffing the leather and the paper.
    What was different about it? I canít remember what it used to like.

  12. #6362
    Weedeater frik is just really nice frik is just really nice frik is just really nice frik is just really nice frik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,652
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    The book arrived in the Netherlands as well - yay! And what can I say - I can only join the chorus, shout-out my hallelujah's and bow down to book-publishing greatness. Without a doubt, Paul, one of the most gorgeous editions I've even seen. Don't know how you do it, but please, never stop publishing!
    On a personal note - dreaming of the day you'll be announcing either a Suntup or a Dragon Rebound Different Seasons! Please make this happen!!

    sk

  13. #6363
    The Hound CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,555
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Just finished reading ĎBrotherí. Tempted to get the LE although Iíve never gone above gift edition prices before. It is a very nice looking book.


    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

    My Collection

  14. #6364
    Great Old One Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    8,990
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I just took a look at the original prospectus for Horns. The final design for the enclosure looks so much better than the original mock-up. Fantastic work all around, Mr Suntup!

    On another note, I spent longer than I'm willing to admit sniffing the leather and the paper.
    Yeah I was looking at my book more closely and I couldnít help wondering if the book was supposed to be this awesome or is it just mine? Anyone else notice this about theirs? Every time I take it out of the slipcase it strikes me. Itís impossible not to see it. I mean, Iím not complaining! Iím extremely happy with my numbered edition but I just canít help feeling that my copy is just somehow more awesome than others Iíve seen. Maybe because Iím holding it and huffing it with the limits of my olfactory senses. But itís really rather distracting. I find myself checking it for this condition repeatedly.
    It's awesomeness can only be truly appreciated live.
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

  15. #6365
    Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Floating
    Posts
    61
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    In a world full of trolling I particularly like this thread because it's a cavalcade of praise. It's just fun to see good vibes. I think we need to add a "Paul Suntup is a god" emoji.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

  16. #6366
    Demon of the Prim Beverly Marsh is a splendid one to behold Beverly Marsh is a splendid one to behold Beverly Marsh is a splendid one to behold Beverly Marsh is a splendid one to behold Beverly Marsh is a splendid one to behold Beverly Marsh is a splendid one to behold Beverly Marsh is a splendid one to behold Beverly Marsh is a splendid one to behold Beverly Marsh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Derry, Maine
    Posts
    1,411
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I just picked up my numbered copy from the post office. What can I say that hasn't been said already? I don't think I could have kicked off my Joe Hill collection in finer fashion.

    I'll have to think long and hard about whether I dare read this edition. Despite what Paul said, the scales on the spine (especially along the edges) feel awfully fragile and I'd hate to damage it somehow.
    Congrats! That is a helluva way to start out your Hill collection.

    I read Joe's new intro from the limited as it'll be awhile before my AGE arrives and loved it! It's beautiful and candid.
    How did I not even realize there was a new intro from Joe? I'll have to check that out today!

  17. #6367
    Gunslinger Apprentice Munnecom has a spectacular aura about Munnecom has a spectacular aura about Munnecom has a spectacular aura about

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    In a world full of trolling I particularly like this thread because it's a cavalcade of praise. It's just fun to see good vibes. I think we need to add a "Paul Suntup is a god" emoji.
    We have that:

  18. #6368
    Great Old One Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    8,990
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    In a world full of trolling I particularly like this thread because it's a cavalcade of praise. It's just fun to see good vibes. I think we need to add a "Paul Suntup is a god" emoji.
    We have that:
    And Kool-Aid. Don't forget the Kool-Aid
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

  19. #6369
    Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo has a spectacular aura about Kongo has a spectacular aura about Kongo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    156
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just finished reading ĎBrotherí. Tempted to get the LE although Iíve never gone above gift edition prices before. It is a very nice looking book.
    What's your opinion on it? Finally ordered a reading copy today due to all the praise everyone has been giving it lately

  20. #6370
    Citizen of Gilead jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    791
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just finished reading ĎBrotherí. Tempted to get the LE although Iíve never gone above gift edition prices before. It is a very nice looking book.
    What's your opinion on it? Finally ordered a reading copy today due to all the praise everyone has been giving it lately
    I just finished it and Iíd give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars. Maybe even 4.5. Itís dark and tense and a bit claustrophobic. The blood serves the story instead of having the story as an excuse to deliver blood. I was worried based on other reviews that this was ďtorture pornĒ and after reading it thatís laughable. I have no idea why people would react that way. So if thatís a concern for anyone it shouldnít be. OFF SEASON and the sequel OFFSPRING by Ketchum were far more brutal.

    This is a fantastic read and itís brilliantly done. I can see why Paul picked it. And I have a much greater appreciation for that artwork after reading it. I think this edition will be among my most favorites.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #6371
    Maerlyn's Imp Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,237

    Default

    Great summary, Jeff. I would add that while some of the characters are extreme, they are made believable.
    ďIf you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.Ē
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

  22. #6372
    Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo has a spectacular aura about Kongo has a spectacular aura about Kongo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    156
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just finished reading ĎBrotherí. Tempted to get the LE although Iíve never gone above gift edition prices before. It is a very nice looking book.
    What's your opinion on it? Finally ordered a reading copy today due to all the praise everyone has been giving it lately
    I just finished it and Iíd give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars. Maybe even 4.5. Itís dark and tense and a bit claustrophobic. The blood serves the story instead of having the story as an excuse to deliver blood. I was worried based on other reviews that this was ďtorture pornĒ and after reading it thatís laughable. I have no idea why people would react that way. So if thatís a concern for anyone it shouldnít be. OFF SEASON and the sequel OFFSPRING by Ketchum were far more brutal.

    This is a fantastic read and itís brilliantly done. I can see why Paul picked it. And I have a much greater appreciation for that artwork after reading it. I think this edition will be among my most favorites.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very cool! Can't wait to dive in now. I've been re-reading the Harry Potter series for a work book club, so I'm ready for something dark and twisted

  23. #6373
    Guardian of the Beam MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    3,484
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default

    So I have had a quick look at the book. What can I say that already has not been said. It's magnificent. I need more time to look it over though, but I am very glad I made the choice to get this one.
    It was worth the wait Paul.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

  24. #6374
    Maerlyn's Imp Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,237

    Default

    Congrats, Mike!
    ďIf you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.Ē
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

    Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

  25. #6375
    The Hound CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,555
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Just finished reading ĎBrotherí. Tempted to get the LE although Iíve never gone above gift edition prices before. It is a very nice looking book.
    What's your opinion on it? Finally ordered a reading copy today due to all the praise everyone has been giving it lately
    Itís pretty good but itís hard for me to go into specifics without spoilers. Itís kind of like a Texas Chainsaw Massacre film told from the perspective of the family. It gets pretty grisly but not overtly so. Itís not as graphic as something like Off Season but it feels like something Jack Ketchum would have written. Itís a very dark novel. It kind of reminded me of a famous film in some spots but saying what film it might give a few things away.


    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

    My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 312 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 253 254 255 256 257 265 305 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts