Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 644 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 306 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 16093

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    As a friend pointed out to me when we were discussing that copies were still available after a week; he's opinion was that there are a lot of signature hunters out there and not having the sig turned some folks off. I find that especially disheartening with this book considering the history of it not being signed for very personal reasons on the author's part. Paul and I have discussed that topic as well and it doesn't seem to hurt the value of the books on the aftermarket. And they do all sellout eventually.

So I'm gonna as a Hill fan. Considering all the flack that Hill gets for signing everything, his book sold out the quickest of the non-Kings Small victory for the huge fan that I am and the reason I keep an unofficial watch on the sellouts. Plus, it's the only one, thus far, actually signed by the author

Or Paul is watering down the Kool-Aid.......
    I’m surprised that Horns sold out the fastest. I would have bet on The Road. Maybe the signature did help? Not sure... I don’t care as much about the signature as I do the art of the book. Which these are... pieces of art.
    Completely agree, Kris.
    And I agree with both of you two.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    And what happens is that we have people coming to the site, maybe discovering the press for the first time, and there’s nothing for them to buy.
    Being relatively late to join the collecting party, this rings very true. Most of what I own from CD, CP, SP and a few other small presses had to come from the secondary market. There's nothing wrong with that per se, but my heart sinks sometimes when I visit a publisher's website and see "original retail price: one-fourth of what Mr Late-to-the-Party has to pay on eBay once the book is out."

In Suntup's case, I was able to get on the train from the start and there's a unique thrill in pre-ordering something and then spending months eagerly reading every new email titled "Production Update," safe in the knowledge that it'll be in my greasy hands before long.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy all those glimpses into a publisher's mind that you offer, Paul. If you ever do a Suntup Editions S/L of your memoirs as a small-press owner, I'm in!

Rant over!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Re: signatures:

They're always a plus, and to some a necessity, but since Paul does not shy away from producing editions of classic works from deceased writers, signature-less books are going to be an ongoing part of his business. Given all the great work out there by deceased authors, this clearly is a good thing; I wouldn't want Suntup (or any publisher) to shy away from producing the likes of the awesome escutcheon-bearing The Haunting Of Hill House simply because a signature couldn't be had.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Along the Path of the Beam Jason Sechrest has a spectacular aura about Jason Sechrest has a spectacular aura about Jason Sechrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post

They're always a plus, and to some a necessity, but since Paul does not shy away from producing editions of classic works from deceased writers, signature-less books are going to be an ongoing part of his business. Given all the great work out there by deceased authors, this clearly is a good thing; I wouldn't want Suntup (or any publisher) to shy away from producing the likes of the awesome escutcheon-bearing The Haunting Of Hill House simply because a signature couldn't be had.
    Amen to that!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    And what happens is that we have people coming to the site, maybe discovering the press for the first time, and there’s nothing for them to buy.
    Being relatively late to join the collecting party, this rings very true. Most of what I own from CD, CP, SP and a few other small presses had to come from the secondary market. There's nothing wrong with that per se, but my heart sinks sometimes when I visit a publisher's website and see "original retail price: one-fourth of what Mr Late-to-the-Party has to pay on eBay once the book is out."

Rant over!
    This I also agree with. Paul's limited books are the only ones I have bought when they came out. I was late to the party for everything else and feel the pang of regret that I missed it and have to pay more then the retail price. If I can do it, I do it. If I can't, oh well.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sechrest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post

Amen to that!
    Yes, Sir!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

I agree with everything said here.

Especially with Paul’s point of how our passion for these works flavor our perception of how fast it should sell out.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

In Suntup's case, I was able to get on the train from the start and there's a unique thrill in pre-ordering something and then spending months eagerly reading every new email titled "Production Update," safe in the knowledge that it'll be in my greasy hands before long.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy all those glimpses into a publisher's mind that you offer, Paul. If you ever do a Suntup Editions S/L of your memoirs as a small-press owner, I'm in!

Rant over!
    YES to all of this! I was lucky enough to get a gift edition of IT from CD before that sold out and I've been paying attention since then. BUT all the stuff I missed out on! Those are the ones that haunt me. So it is super thrilling to be here for Suntup--especially since Paul is producing editions of works that are precisely the novels I would want to collect. I almost lost my mind when he announced The Road. That book is perfection and I can't think of a more fitting book for the Suntup treatment. It's almost ludicrous how perfect this book is for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Some people call me obsessed or probably at this point, a Suntup Zombie. I don't care. I like Paul. I love what he is doing. Maybe overnight and into tomorrow
    it will sell out. I will check it out when I can. I may not be the first to notice that it's sold out. Just saying if you want it, time is running short.

You are obsessed, and you are a zombie. But your enthusiasm is (certainly by me) appreciated.
    +1

My Mood
    Cool

OUT OF PRINT. Paul, on this page it does not say out of print https://suntup.press/the-road. But when you click the order now button the next page says out of print. You might have to set that other button to out of print.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    OUT OF PRINT. Paul, on this page it does not say out of print https://suntup.press/the-road. But when you click the order now button the next page says out of print. You might have to set that other button to out of print.
    Relax. Paul will get to it.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations, Paul!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on another sellout, Paul!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If someone has a copy of HHH, that might be available for “relocation” you could send me a PM

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Paul!
    Congrats on another sellout, Paul!
    Thanks guys.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is an interview I did a little while ago with Paul Suntup

> https://club-stephenking.fr/intervie...suntup#english
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Great interview! Thanks for sharing it here. One question I thought up reading it and I would love to ask:

Has there been one that has gotten away? A book that you’ve gone after but couldn’t secure for whatever reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Nice interview, Jeremy! Excited to see what those other contracts turn out to be!

Country
    Country Flag

Nice interview, Jeremy! Excited to see what those other contracts turn out to be!
    Definitely!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Great interview! Thanks for sharing it here. One question I thought up reading it and I would love to ask:

Has there been one that has gotten away? A book that you’ve gone after but couldn’t secure for whatever reason?
    Nice, I started out the day in a great mood and then you ask me that!? Just kidding... But yes, absolutely there have been several that got away! Well, I guess I never had them to begin with, so they couldn't really 'get away.' It's just the nature of this business. Authors and/or publishers have their reasons for not wanting to license rights for a limited edition. Lots of factors come into play. I may go after a book that is already under contract, so rights simply aren't available. I may even back off on a book if I know another publisher will be releasing an edition of it. Then there's the cold, hard NO. Those are a bummer, because in my opinion, it's the fans and collectors who are missing out. But it doesn't get me down. There is an abundance of novels out there to pursue. You get a No, you say Next.

Country
    Country Flag

Their loss and ours for sure.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Very interesting question !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Nice, I started out the day in a great mood and then you ask me that!? Just kidding... But yes, absolutely there have been several that got away! Well, I guess I never had them to begin with, so they couldn't really 'get away.' It's just the nature of this business. Authors and/or publishers have their reasons for not wanting to license rights for a limited edition. Lots of factors come into play. I may go after a book that is already under contract, so rights simply aren't available. I may even back off on a book if I know another publisher will be releasing an edition of it. Then there's the cold, hard NO. Those are a bummer, because in my opinion, it's the fans and collectors who are missing out. But it doesn't get me down. There is an abundance of novels out there to pursue. You get a No, you say Next.
    Can you give some examples? Besides The Very Hungry Caterpillar, of course.

“On Monday, he ate through one Asbestos Firestarter...”

Country
    Country Flag

AH! I didn't mean to skew your day! I loved the interview and it's so great to get a peek at the process and to know that so much is going on beyond the teasers and announcements. I can only wonder at the contracts you've secured. I'd pay to get that list and see what's in the works. Knowing you, that list would be printed letterpress on some kickass Mohawk paper with a wood engraving. Since you're obviously not going to release that list (and let's be honest, it's much better that you don't so we can be surprised and enthralled) then I was wondering if you'd share the ones who walked away. We could all imagine what could have been together and secretly hate the authors or whoever stopped the magic. And it would give a peripheral look at what books you might be pursuing.

BTW: the best part of the interview for me was how you said your collecting bug switched prey from books to contracts. That says a lot. Again, great interview. I'm a fan for life!

My Mood
    Cool

That was a great and thoughtful interview Paul. You deserve all the great things that come to you in the future. Keep up the great work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 644 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 256 306 ... LastLast