Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 644 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 16092

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another possibility could also be to do not care about having specifically a matching number if you decide that you may not want to buy every single Suntup books?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Another possibility could also be to do not care about having specifically a matching number if you decide that you may not want to buy every single Suntup books?
    Exactly. I know same-number sets are a 'thing' for many people but I never understood why. I know collectors usually suffer from OCD in relation to books (I know I do!) but the same-number thing just makes life unnecessary complicated (again, IMO).

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine are all same numbered, same numbers as in they all are above 0 and below infinity.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    OK. Maybe I am wrong. I never bought a signed number book from CD or CP so I can't answer that. You can request a matching number from CD. Say, if had a numbered From a Buick 8, I could have requested to match my number if I bought IT. But if I wanted to just buy IT own it's own, I don't think I needed to have From a Buick 8 with a matching number. And hey, if someone does not want my "rejects" so be it. Maybe have a lottery then for the ones that did not sell. And no, he does not just have to hope that I pass. Paul already has an option after the preorders are done for people to jump in. I just don't like the idea of feeling that I have to buy every book even if I may not want it, in the chance that the next book is something that I do want. I just thought it was a good idea for someone trying to get in and at least get one book. And who is say that my reject is book that someone else really wanted. At least they would have one with the chances of getting others. But like I said, I understand if my logic makes no sense. I am not in Paul's buisness so if I misguided with my thoughts, so be it. It's OK. You can flame me, I have my fire suit on. Fire away. I am done for the night.
    You've been one of Paul's biggest cheerleaders, Mike. No one can dispute that. With your count downs to release days/times and sellouts; you leave no doubts, my friend. However, I think it would be too hard for Paul to initiate the plan you suggest. I feel the best option if you don't want a particular book is to sell it once you take possession of it. You can list in the sell that no rights transfer and you're not out anything as far as keeping your number. It's just too big a risk personally to give up a Suntup number and future rights. You never know what Paul has cooked up for us next!

As far as the payment plan. That's the way I pay for my books and I'm very grateful that it's even an option. Otherwise, Joe Blow Purchaser, such as myself, would be SOL. I do hope selfishly that payment plans don't/wont overlap but, if it would come to that, I'd have a decision to make. Like what members have posted above; at the end of the day, Paul has a business to run and a living to make.
    I got you Brian. But the more I think about it, and re-read my post, I see how it could be a totally negative thing. Which was not my intention. I understand that it would be hard for Paul to do what I said. It just sounded great in my head, but I guess not when typed. I did not know that you can sell without selling the rights. Not that I am a seller anyway. You know what, I fucked up with that post so I am going to shut up know since it seems I was complexly wrong. I did not mean for my post to sound so negative, but I guess it was. I was just trying to think of different ways of doing things but I guess I just proved I am an idiot when it comes to this kind of thing. Sorry Paul.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Exactly. I know same-number sets are a 'thing' for many people but I never understood why. I know collectors usually suffer from OCD in relation to books (I know I do!) but the same-number thing just makes life unnecessary complicated (again, IMO).
    I dont understand either, although it makes sense for a series.
    Like The Dark Tower books.

Or for Suntup books.
    But except if you know that you will forever be able to buy the Suntup books, why should it matter because you will already not have the whole publishers collection
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It's not so much losing the specific number, but losing the guarantee of a copy of the next title. If you "give up your spot" by passing on or selling the most recent title, you might miss out on the next one if it sells out during - or very soon after - the pre order period.

Mike, I think your post was fine. One solution might be to buy each title anyway, and then sell them after the next title is announced, but that can lead to cash flow problems even you are buying fewer net titles. It's tricky. Hang in there.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    It's not so much losing the specific number, but losing the guarantee of a copy of the next title. If you "give up your spot" by passing on or selling the most recent title, you might miss out on the next one if it sells out during - or very soon after - the pre order period.

Mike, I think your post was fine. One solution might be to buy each title anyway, and then sell them after the next title is announced, but that can lead to cash flow problems even you are buying fewer net titles. It's tricky. Hang in there.
    I agree with Peter, Mike. I didn't find your post negative at all.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well, thanks guys. But I probably still have to watch how I word things. Whenever I try and say something complex about this, my foot ends up in my mouth. Just going to shut up and wait for the next announcement.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't it be something if Paul just plopped the next book on his website with all the details including the pre-order date without telling a soul?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Wouldn't it be something if Paul just plopped the next book on his website with all the details including the pre-order date without telling a soul?
    I may just do that with one of the books.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted this in the obituaries in case anyone missed it:

I'm sad to report that David Palladini has passed away. In the last three years that I have known him, we became good friends, and it always felt as if we had known each other a lot longer than we did.

David passed away peacefully yesterday. His closest brother Mario asked me to extend his deepest thanks and blessings, on behalf of himself and his family, to those who supported David's work in the last years of his life. David was at his happiest over these past few years when he realized that there were people out there who appreciated the art he had created throughout his career.

R.I.P. my friend. You are at peace. You will be missed.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

I'm sad to report that David Palladini has passed away. In the last three years that I have known him, we became good friends, and it always felt as if we had known each other a lot longer than we did.

David passed away peacefully yesterday. His closest brother Mario asked me to extend his deepest thanks and blessings, on behalf of himself and his family, to those who supported David's work in the last years of his life. David was at his happiest over these past few years when he realized that there were people out there who appreciated the art he had created throughout his career.

RIP. I am sorry to hear this Paul. I knew you guys had grown very close. Sorry mate....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

OH NO! So sorry to hear that! Deepest condolences. So sad

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

damn

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My sympathies.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm very sorry for you and his family, Paul. I'm happy you two became friends and spent a good time together.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear of your loss Paul. David and his family will be in my prayers tonight
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cool

As I said before Paul, very sad for your loss. Sending you good thoughts.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Terribly sad.
    My condolences to all friends and family.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear it, but uplifting to read what you wrote, Paul, about him being his happiest the last couple of years.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all. I appreciate the kind words.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very sad, Paul..

Country
    Country Flag

Very sorry to hear that Paul

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

David was an integral part of the genesis of Suntup Editions.

He'll be sorely missed.

I'm glad to hear his final years were pleasing to him. Paul, you had no small part in that.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Deeply saddening news. RIP David and thank you for your art.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 195 of 644 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 295 ... LastLast