Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 644 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 519 ... LastLast

Thread: Suntup Editions

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Here's a picture of the original courtesy of Steven Stroud. Not for sale, but nice to know it exists.

Very cool!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So amazing! Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stunning! It's hard to stop looking at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Do you have a wish date release of the Firestarter?
    Yes. I actually just got off the phone with Jim who is making the boards. I don't typically set official 'release dates' for the custom bound books, but right now the Firestarters should be done around July as well. The boards need to be air dried and not kiln dried, so the drying process takes longer. We're getting there. Everything else is lined up and ready to go.
    Did we ever get a look at the custom handmade traycase? Still hoping for July?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tried to edit but my screen just goes blank......so.....I forgot there is a Firestarter Rebound thread and see it was delayed for about 3 months back in may....sorry!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Do you have a wish date release of the Firestarter?
    Yes. I actually just got off the phone with Jim who is making the boards. I don't typically set official 'release dates' for the custom bound books, but right now the Firestarters should be done around July as well. The boards need to be air dried and not kiln dried, so the drying process takes longer. We're getting there. Everything else is lined up and ready to go.
    Did we ever get a look at the custom handmade traycase? Still hoping for July?
    Thanks for checking. I posted a reply here in the Firestarter thread.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Tried to edit but my screen just goes blank......so.....I forgot there is a Firestarter Rebound thread and see it was delayed for about 3 months back in may....sorry!
    Just saw this now, after I responded.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Another behind-the-scenes peek for you. Things are starting to get a little crazy over here. After almost a year of planning, it is all coming together. Some of the key elements of The Eyes of the Dragon Art Portfolio have started to show up, as the release date of July 7th approaches. I set that date early on, and made a commitment to stick to it, and right now everything is on track. Today I received a delivery of the prints for the numbered edition. It's all on a pallet weighing 500lbs.

Spoiler:

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another behind-the-scenes peek for you. Things are starting to get a little crazy over here. After almost a year of planning, it is all coming together. Some of the key elements of The Eyes of the Dragon Art Portfolio have started to show up, as the release date of July 7th approaches. I set that date early on, and made a commitment to stick to it, and right now everything is on track. Today I received a delivery of the prints for the numbered edition. It's all on a pallet weighing 500lbs.

Spoiler:
    I have seen that a time or two here at the office
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Heavy, dude
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Received these courtesy of Suntup Press:

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Got home from traveling and was excited to find my Suntup package! Love the prints and only wish I had more wall space. I am trying to work out replacing a full bookcase with a sideboard/buffet to get some wallspace to display these prints. Priorities.

ETA: Oh, and I requested a single digit number and got #5 if anyone is keeping track. Thanks Paul!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They look stunning. Congratulation.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just received the newsletter for the next print. Needless to say I'm VERY excited

IT Fine Art Print
    IT Poster
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Country
    Country Flag

Look closely at the print... that is what is bad ass. Paul can give more insight but that was an original cover that Bob wanted to use!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Would love to hear the story behind this one Paul, not just the details of the required changes, but on how you found out about the original and got agreement to use it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the original art versus what was used on the book. Hard to imagine that such an iconic and great cover was not as good as it could have been. Thanks Paul for bringing this to light and sharing it with all of us.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    Got home from traveling and was excited to find my Suntup package! Love the prints and only wish I had more wall space. I am trying to work out replacing a full bookcase with a sideboard/buffet to get some wallspace to display these prints. Priorities.

ETA: Oh, and I requested a single digit number and got #5 if anyone is keeping track. Thanks Paul!
    Good to hear James, enjoy! And good luck with finding the wall space!

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    They look stunning. Congratulation.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Would love to hear the story behind this one Paul, not just the details of the required changes, but on how you found out about the original and got agreement to use it.
    Simon, I had to go back to my notes. Thankfully, I documented the discussion. How I found out about it isn't too exciting. I had asked Bob to send me a hi-res scan or transparency of the original so I could reproduce it. These prints really look best when reproduced from a scan or film of the original. Taking a scan of the cover obviously doesn't really work.

Anyway, they sent me the file, and when I opened it, I noticed the difference. So I asked, and Bob had forgotten because it was so long ago, but seeing the two versions jogged his memory and then he told me the story behind it. The nice thing was that this version has always been his favorite, and he was really pleased that it was now going to be seen by more people.

There isn't much more about why the changes were requested. Bob just said they asked him to make the claw bigger, and obviously remove the oil slick. They also darkened the image and changed the coloring. The water is also way more detailed in this version.

As to how I got his agreement to use it, I just charmed them with my accent.

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    I love the original art versus what was used on the book. Hard to imagine that such an iconic and great cover was not as good as it could have been. Thanks Paul for bringing this to light and sharing it with all of us.
    Sure, you're welcome!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a shame this art print is not being remarqued by the artist. I would have pulled the trigger on these if it had...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    It's a shame this art print is not being remarqued by the artist. I would have pulled the trigger on these if it had...
    Bob, just WILL NOT do it. Just won't.... very Bernie Wrightson in this regard...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm speechless by this project. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me hang more on the walls, because my study is already full with bookcases.

I agree that a remarque by Bob Giusti would be incredible!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just made my first purchase from Suntup Press.

I'm excited

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you are a subscriber and want to order some but not all framed, how does that process work? For example, with the upcoming IT release, is there a chance to see the framing options and make a request before the subscription for that month is processed? Sorry if that is answered somewhere but I could not find it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 644 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 519 ... LastLast