Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 644 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 261 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 16091

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I hope I can to a little train jumping too.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Part 2 of the Bill Thompson interview: https://suntup.press/keys-to-the-kin...pson-part-two/

I found this mighty intriguing:

King had a tendency to bring in a second story that had nothing to do with the main story, but offered some kind of subplot that he particularly liked. In the case of The Shining, there was an entire subplot about 20’s and 30’s gangsters. They came and went as ghosts throughout the hotel. He had a whole cast of these characters in The Shining, and it just didn’t belong. I had him trim The Shining back severely.
    I'd love to read that version of The Shining.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Part 2 of the Bill Thompson interview: https://suntup.press/keys-to-the-kin...pson-part-two/

King had a tendency to bring in a second story that had nothing to do with the main story, but offered some kind of subplot that he particularly liked. In the case of The Shining, there was an entire subplot about 20’s and 30’s gangsters. They came and went as ghosts throughout the hotel. He had a whole cast of these characters in The Shining, and it just didn’t belong. I had him trim The Shining back severely.
    Ah, is this the same guy who had King trim The Stand? Sounds like it. If so, I have a feeling I would have loved the gangster side story in The Shining.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

Ah, is this the same guy who had King trim The Stand? Sounds like it. If so, I have a feeling I would have loved the gangster side story in The Shining.
    Thompson was King's editor back then and touched all his books My Lettered Regulators check is made out to him
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Thompson was King's editor back then and touched all his books My Lettered Regulators check is made out to him
    Oh yeah? That’s pretty damn cool. I can’t remember, did he sign those checks as Bachman?

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well, it would be cool to read that section as well. I think in the TV mini-series, they just added a little bit of that in the form of news paper articles that Jack found. I think.
    It was a great interview. Trimming of the The Stand was done because the binding costs would have increased the price of the book to over $15.00 I think and they thought that
    was too much. Plus he did not like the ending. He felt King rushed the ending. And back to the The Shining, remember there was that section "before the play" that was also cut
    but brought back in CD version. So with both sections in, it would have probably been a much longer book.

My Mood
    Cool

Oh yeah? That’s pretty damn cool. I can’t remember, did he sign those checks as Bachman?
    No he did not sign them as Bachman because at that time Bachman was Dead. So they made out checks to different characters that
    appeared in Kings books through out the years. Mine is made out to Julie Lowry for Mi-dol. She is a character in The Stand.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Well, it would be cool to read that section as well. I think in the TV mini-series, they just added a little bit of that in the form of news paper articles that Jack found. I think.
    It was a great interview. Trimming of the The Stand was done because the binding costs would have increased the price of the book to over $15.00 I think and they thought that
    was too much. Plus he did not like the ending. He felt King rushed the ending. And back to the The Shining, remember there was that section "before the play" that was also cut
    but brought back in CD version. So with both sections in, it would have probably been a much longer book.
    Thanks, Mike. Interesting stuff. I do remember something in The Shining about the old school gangsters (they use to frequent The Overlook and used hotel business to launder money, if I’m remembering correctly). I’d love to get my hands on the uncut version!

My Mood
    Chatty

Mi-dol as in pain relief medicine for menstrual cramps? God I love King!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes he did. He signed as Backman brother. So cool
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

No he did not sign them as Bachman because at that time Bachman was Dead. So they made out checks to different characters that
    appeared in Kings books through out the years. Mine is made out to Julie Lowry for Mi-dol. She is a character in The Stand.
    Yes he did Mike. The checks were a way to do that since Bachman was "dead". They had some fun by finding ways to make the checks out with a play on many of his works.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Right Kris. You said what I meant to say, only better. I only meant that King did not sign it as Bachman because he was "dead".

Country
    Country Flag

Right Kris. You said what I meant to say, only better. I only meant that King did not sign it as Bachman because he was "dead".
    Sorry Mike, King DID sign it as Bachman and not King. Just to clarify.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Mi-dol as in pain relief medicine for menstrual cramps? God I love King!
    Yep. If you remember character, she was a little crazy in the book. Just a bit. Crazy and bitchy from the cramps,

My Mood
    Cool

Damn, I just can't win today . I am going to shut up now.

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, I just can't win today . I am going to shut up now.
    All good buddy
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

King couldn't sign the BOOKS as King, because Richard Bachman was the author. Bachman could not sign the BOOKS as he was dead (succumbed to cancer of the pseudonym). They were able to find cashed checks that Bachman had written prior to his death, and enclosed them in the books.

My Mood
    Chatty

Wow they’re real circulated checks then? That’s a hell of a collectible in its own right.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow they’re real circulated checks then? That’s a hell of a collectible in its own right.
    Yes. Wink Wink.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    King couldn't sign the BOOKS as King, because Richard Bachman was the author. Bachman could not sign the BOOKS as he was dead (succumbed to cancer of the pseudonym). They were able to find cashed checks that Bachman had written prior to his death, and enclosed them in the books.
    Thanks for making that %100 clearer. Was that really what was said killed Bachman, cancer of the pseudonym? If so that was brilliant.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Wink Wink.
    They are real fake checks that were really fake circulated (around to King to sign them as fake Bachman who was fake dead.)
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a thread somewhere where we list how each check is made out? I vaguely recall one, but can't find it.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Is there a thread somewhere where we list how each check is made out? I vaguely recall one, but can't find it.
    It's in the catalog http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...The+-+Lettered
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 644 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 261 ... LastLast