Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 644 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 16086

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

AGREED!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

This sniping about the value of Suntup books is ridiculous and a waste of time. If you're a collector, the book is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. It's a subjective, personal decision. If you're an investor, the book is worth whatever the market is telling you it's worth (and the market is based on the aggregate of the countless subjective, personal purchasing decisions that collectors have made). So why get bent out of shape about it? Either buy or don't buy.

Along the Path of the Beam Jason Sechrest has a spectacular aura about Jason Sechrest has a spectacular aura about Jason Sechrest's Avatar

I'mma just leave this right here.

Spoiler:

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...to which we must always reply:

It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    This sniping about the value of Suntup books is ridiculous and a waste of time. If you're a collector, the book is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. It's a subjective, personal decision. If you're an investor, the book is worth whatever the market is telling you it's worth (and the market is based on the aggregate of the countless subjective, personal purchasing decisions that collectors have made). So why get bent out of shape about it? Either buy or don't buy.
    +1
    +1

sk

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    does anyone truly believe these books are worth what they are going for?
    In the end...the very end. it will be the rare, the very old 1st/1sts in vf/vf, hard to get books and unique items that are actually worth the most money. I believe these pretty, multi duplicates, will find there value diminished. who would not rather have an early signature vs anything in the last 10 years. if you have money to literally burn then i think its a pretty adage to ones collection, otherwise its silly. i say put your money into something with some history. These books wont have history until it doesn't matter anymore.
    Just sayin,
    With all due respect - Utter nonsense.

I can take my pick of F/F first editions of ANY of the DoubleDay originals for < $1000. With the exception of rarities like The Plant and TNLR, ALL of the early Signed Limited's are freely available on the open market for < $2000. Only Lettered editions go above that as a norm. These prices have been stable for years and only increase with inflation or due to some related event (like the hype around the IT Film).

Ask any serious collector what are the 'special' books, the 'Holy Grails' and the answer will invariably be "The Stand - Coffin Edition, Firestarter - Asbestos cover, Regulators - Bullet Case, 'Salem's Lot - Centipede Press, Skeleton Crew - Leather zip case. What have all these got in common? It's not just because of the small pool of books due to the (mostly) lettered limitation it's the vision of the final book coupled with the craftsmanship and quality of materials used.

Suntup Editions has set the bar very highly, not just on the ultra rare but on the standard Limited and Gift editions as well. These are perfectly capable of holding their own in the above esteemed company. Quality as they say, never goes out of fashion.

+4

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sechrest View Post
    I'mma just leave this right here.

Spoiler:
    The bar is open! Oh Yeah!!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone wanna sell an s/l of Misery? I can put you in touch with a chap that is so hoping to find one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone wanna sell an s/l of Misery? I can put you in touch with a chap that is so hoping to find one!

I’ll sell mine for $8,000.

I’m only half kidding.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

I’m only half kidding.
    LOL I will let him know BUT he may take up VFB's offer of $4200 first mate. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I’m only half kidding.
    Does it come with Kool-Aid?

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

I’m only half kidding.
    Hahaha. It comes with ALL the Kool-Aid!

My Mood
    Chatty

I’m only half kidding.
    If you could just leave that part about VFB out when you’re telling him, that would be great.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Very Fine books has another one for $4,200 https://www.veryfinebooks.com/Produc...uctCode=76-120

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I’m only half kidding.
    Sorry, saw this after I sent the link.

Country
    Country Flag

I’m only half kidding.
    If you could just leave that part about VFB out when you’re telling him, that would be great.
    Right of course! I will def do that. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m only half kidding.
    That's always going to be a thing now, uh? I'm really hoping Paul finds a way to have a blast with it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I’m only half kidding.
    That's always going to be a thing now, uh? I'm really hoping Paul finds a way to have a blast with it.
    I’m seeing an official Suntup Editions Kool-Aid mug in the future.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Father Cody;1125502]
    YES PLEASE! I will put that sumbitch right on my Suntup shelf and toast every time I add to my complete set of AGE's and non-King numbereds.

Country
    Country Flag

I’m only half kidding.
    Enjoy a cool drink of Suntup's No. 19 Kool Aid! Keeps you wantin' more!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m only half kidding.
    Enjoy a cool drink of Suntup's No. 19 Kool Aid! Keeps you wantin' more!
    Since I'm number 19, that would be really f'n cool!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Paul, if I ordered Horns, could I have spoons embedded into the spine instead of pitchforks? Just asking for a friend.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Paul, if I ordered Horns, could I have spoons embedded into the spine instead of pitchforks? Just asking for a friend.
    No spoons, but I believe a salad fork is an option.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shh...you weren't supposed to say anything about the salad fork variant. Now pre-orders are gonna be a pain!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Shh...you weren't supposed to say anything about the salad fork variant. Now pre-orders are gonna be a pain!
    Nah; I'm sure Paul does this kind of thing all the tine.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    After all, so many of us are willing to fork over anything for a Suntup book.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    After all, so many of us are willing to fork over anything for a Suntup book.
    Lololololol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 644 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 ... LastLast