Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 645 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 217 617 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

If I had a Misery, I would not sell it. Just like I will never sell my HHH.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    My body will be donated for parts and scientific endeavors but my Suntups (and a few Centipedes and Charnel Houses, and a Sub Press or Cemetery Dance or two) will live on in a mausoleum in my place, for my family and friends to visit and reminisce, and talk about, among other things, why in the world I cared so much about my books

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    My body will be donated for parts and scientific endeavors but my Suntups (and a few Centipedes and Charnel Houses, and a Sub Press or Cemetery Dance or two) will live on in a mausoleum in my place, for my family and friends to visit and reminisce, and talk about, among other things, why in the world I cared so much about my books
    YEP

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    YEP
    Haha. Someone on Facebook the other said he wants his family to build a pyre from his books and burn it with him on top.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Based on current market value; Paul should charge 4K for his next King S/L and 15K for the lettered
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Even with future rights, 7-8 x list price is pretty amazing for any S/L - particularly just after release. Just incredible.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Even with future rights, 7-8 x list price is pretty amazing for any S/L - particularly just after release. Just incredible.
    Has it ever happened?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Has it ever happened?
    The most recent analog that I can think of is the Sub Press The Three-Body Problem, which shot up 4-5x on the same day as the announcement (the lettered edition was sold out in seconds, while the numbered edition took just under a day). I think those prices have maintained, but there's still like 8 months to go until the release.

I am curious to hear about other books that rose in price very quickly, and if they maintained that price...!

(I think Misery will, at least until the rights have passed to the next King book, in which case it may have been long enough to see some appreciation.)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The most recent analog that I can think of is the Sub Press The Three-Body Problem, which shot up 4-5x on the same day as the announcement (the lettered edition was sold out in seconds, while the numbered edition took just under a day). I think those prices have maintained, but there's still like 8 months to go until the release.
    Seriously? There were offers of $3000+ for the lettered edition of TBP? That's incredible.

Admittedly, that includes future rights to volumes 2 and 3, but even so, if the next 2 volumes are $750 each, a total cost of $4500 would be close to the eventual market price of the trilogy, I would bet. Not much upside for investors, not much benefit in buying vol 1 now at that price for collectors.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just like the Grant Dark Tower books, the price of Misery will tumble when the next Suntup King book comes out.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Just like the Grant Dark Tower books, the price of Misery will tumble when the next Suntup King book comes out.
    How far of a tumble do you estimate? If you had to guess, where would say it’ll settle?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How far of a tumble do you estimate? If you had to guess, where would say it’ll settle?
    I have my estimates in mind, but I will not post them here until 1 year from now. A lot of people who are buying today will lose a lot of money. Just like on the Grant books.

My Mood
    Chatty

I have my estimates in mind, but I will not post them here until 1 year from now. A lot of people who are buying today will lose a lot of money. Just like on the Grant books.
    Fair enough. Thanks for your sharing some of your insight, Alan.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't recall Grant books having the kind of hype, demand, and increased value as Misery is. Not sure they are the same apples to compare...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think one has to consider the value of a Misery S/L / Lettered versus the value of Misery S/L / Lettered WITH rights to the next book. This is two different beasts and we simply don't know the value of a Misery without rights, as yet...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I think one has to consider the value of a Misery S/L / Lettered versus the value of Misery S/L / Lettered WITH rights to the next book. This is two different beasts and we simply don't know the value of a Misery without rights, as yet...
    I've just noticed your avatar 😂😂😂😂

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As far as looking at this like an investment and the $4K current market value possibly being contingent on rights, would it be reasonable to expect the next King books to hit such a high value?
    Taking aside the Dragon Rebound which also seems to have high value (I think), let's not forget that "Misery" was approved by King.

We do not know, so far, if King would agree to more books by Suntup.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Has it ever happened?
    The first Centipede 'Salem's Lot deluxe edition on eBay went for $7675 the month of publication (Dec, 2004) and the second went for $6787 in January of 2005. Issue price was $900 so 8.5x and 7.5x respectively. The first 5 limited edition versions went for an average of $1700 (all in Dec, 2004) for 3.6 x issue price. Someone recently offered $20,000 in the "King Books/Items Wanted Thread' as a start point for the deluxe SL. Don't know if the individual was successful in finding a seller.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I just want my HH . And see what's next. I am just happy I am in the family. Late, but at least I am in. And hopefully I will be able to get all that Paul puts out. I am very anxious to see the quality of his books first hand.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

The Grant books were all produced in numbers of 500 or much more, misery was produced in a run of 200, including the 15 red numbers meant for private distribution. I think the decrease in value once rights are nullified won’t be anywhere near as severe as with the Grant books.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

My Mood
    Cool

Antoni,
    Can you clarify this:
    "I think one has to consider the value of a Misery S/L / Lettered versus the value of Misery S/L / Lettered WITH rights to the next book. This is two different beasts and we simply don't know the value of a Misery without rights, as yet..."
    What is a Misery without rights. How can one not have rights to the next book if they have Misery. Or this can go to anybody who can answer. Again, not that it matters in my situation. I am just curious.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    The Grant books were all produced in numbers of 500 or much more, misery was produced in a run of 200, including the 15 red numbers meant for private distribution. I think the decrease in value once rights are nullified won’t be anywhere near as severe as with the Grant books.
    I agree. PLUS the production values are TOTALLY different for both. Misery may drop... BUT I bet not below the $3K mark... maybe even around the $3500 mark. The book is one of Kings best, the movie is the only King movie with an Academy Award (I think) and is loved, Suntup is loved, the book is akin to a lettered... I would bet on my prediction.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

OK. I admit the rights this is confusing me. How can the rights be nullified. You either have a King book or you don't. And you can only get another King book (assuming there is another one), if you have the last one. Why would it drop if Paul did another King book, Maybe I am the only one who is confused in which case, feel free to disregard my questions.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Based on current market value; Paul should charge 4K for his next King S/L and 15K for the lettered

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Has it ever happened?
    The first Centipede 'Salem's Lot deluxe edition on eBay went for $7675 the month of publication (Dec, 2004) and the second went for $6787 in January of 2005. Issue price was $900 so 8.5x and 7.5x respectively. The first 5 limited edition versions went for an average of $1700 (all in Dec, 2004) for 3.6 x issue price. Someone recently offered $20,000 in the "King Books/Items Wanted Thread' as a start point for the deluxe SL. Don't know if the individual was successful in finding a seller.
    I think that was Alec looking for a deluxe Salem’s. He offered 17,500 for a red Roman numeral Salem’s back in january, and got it. Simon posted a photo of it in his collection thread a few weeks later, red IV.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 645 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 217 617 ... LastLast