Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 644 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn. If I knew there were penguins involved I would have gotten in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    We are close boys and girls. Lots of planning and prep work going on over here as all the pieces come together. Watch for an official publication announcement next week.
    I think some people are reading too much into this.

I assumed Paul meant that since Misery is scheduled to be published on 08/08/2018 he would be making an official publication announcement about it. Probably that it's indeed being published on that date and that shipping notices are imminent.

Knowing Paul, there is probably more to it than just that though. Like everyone is getting a penguin.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Damn. If I knew there were penguins involved I would have gotten in on this.
    Knowing Paul, there is probably more to it than just that though. Like everyone is getting a penguin.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

All editions are getting signed by King!

(that would be bonkers. I'd imagine it would kick up a ton of turbulence!)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Given the praise and respect King has shown this book, why not?

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post

Given the praise and respect King has shown this book, why not?
    I'd imagine that it would piss off the people who paid for the numbered edition (or the lettered). Maybe not, since the editions are so different from one another, but the reason so many were scrambling for the numbered is to chase the sig.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

TBH, I don't care. I am just happy that I getting a book with the option to get more. I mean HoHH did not sell out fast like Misery did. But I highly doubt it (a King sig in that book).
    There really is no reason for it.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I assumed Paul meant that since Misery is scheduled to be published on 08/08/2018 he would be making an official publication announcement about it. Probably that it's indeed being published on that date and that shipping notices are imminent.
    That's exactly how I read it, too. (And I'm still excited!)
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

TBH, I don't care. I am just happy that I getting a book with the option to get more. I mean HoHH did not sell out fast like Misery did. But I highly doubt it (a King sig in that book).
    THOHH isn't a King book. It won't be signed by the author(RIP). Centipede Press announced they were also publishing the title.

Those three factors need to be considered. The publication sold out quickly IMHO. It's a desirable title and will definitely increase in value.

Country
    Country Flag

THOHH isn't a King book. It won't be signed by the author(RIP). Centipede Press announced they were also publishing the title.

Those three factors need to be considered. The publication sold out quickly IMHO. It's a desirable title and will definitely increase in value.
    Yes to all of that. It also sold out because it put people on a Suntup preorder track. It allowed people who missed out on Misery to get a foothold into this exciting new era.

My Mood
    Cool

I got you Brian. I know it's not a King book but if you read the description on the Suntup page, he certainly respects it. I read that CP will be doing their own,
    but I doubt I will get that one also. I HAVE to limit myself a bit. I will stick with Paul's books. I guess Considering that some books sell out in minutes and hours,
    about a week just did not seem that fast to me. If it goes up in value, that would be great as well. But, I don't know how that could be tracked.
    I am just anxious to get it.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes to all of that. It also sold out because it put people on a Suntup preorder track. It allowed people who missed out on Misery to get a foothold into this exciting new era.
    Good point.

It gave collectors who had missed out so far entrée into The World of Suntup™.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd imagine that it would piss off the people who paid for the numbered edition (or the lettered). Maybe not, since the editions are so different from one another, but the reason so many were scrambling for the numbered is to chase the sig.
    If he'd just sign everything like Joe does, there wouldn't be these issues

THOHH isn't a King book. It won't be signed by the author(RIP).
    You must have missed the super secret link to sign up to meet at the crossroads on midnight of the release date for the signing

Tremendous amount of value in that as you never know what Paul is going to pull out of the proverbial hat next.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Tremendous amount of value in that as you never what Paul is going to pull out of the proverbial hat next.
    It's so interesting to watch it unfold. Because as we've seen with Misery, Paul goes above and beyond (out of the blue adding more art and yet another signature from an artist of King's early works at no extra cost to customers). And people were willing to buy out his editions before any of that was announced. Just imagine the FOMO for people who sat it out. It'll only grow.

My Mood
    Cool

That's part of what I was trying to say before. I missed Misery but at least now I am in the Suntup lane for some future books. I am sure that they will be good ones as well. I mean, I feel real excited that I am at almost the beginning that's all.

Country
    Country Flag

I got you Brian.

I know it's not a King book but if you read the description on the Suntup page, he certainly respects it.

I read that CP will be doing their own, but I doubt I will get that one also. I HAVE to limit myself a bit. I will stick with Paul's books.

I guess Considering that some books sell out in minutes and hours, about a week just did not seem that fast to me. If it goes up in value, that would be great as well. But, I don't know how that could be tracked.

I am just anxious to get it.
    This book was an inspiration for King and he certainly respects it.

A book signed by the author and one that isn't (through no fault of her own) will sell at a different pace. A sellout in a week is incredible for an author who has been deceased for 53 years.

Country
    Country Flag

BTW I just realized that the publication date of Misery is the anniversary of Shirley Jackson's death; 08/08/1965.

Paul?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tremendous amount of value in that as you never what Paul is going to pull out of the proverbial hat next.
    It's so interesting to watch it unfold. Because as we've seen with Misery, Paul goes above and beyond (out of the blue adding more art and yet another signature from an artist of King's early works at no extra cost to customers). And people were willing to buy out his editions before any of that was announced. Just imagine the FOMO for people who sat it out. It'll only grow.
    Agreed. Paul has definitely cemented his legacy early on in both the King and publishing worlds.

That's part of what I was trying to say before. I missed Misery but at least now I am in the Suntup lane for some future books. I am sure that they will be good ones as well. I mean, I feel real excited that I am at almost the beginning that's all.
    I hear ya, Mike. It was awesome to be on the front row when all of this started even though I had to back out early on. Again, thanks to Chad, I feel like I've been given a second chance at some really special stuff down the road.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

BTW I just realized that the publication date of Misery is the anniversary of Shirley Jackson's death; 08/08/1965.

Paul?
    Crossroads, I'm tellin' ya.

My Mood
    Cool

I got you Brian. Like I said, I am just happy I was able to get this book and others to follow.
    You observation on the pub date is interesting. Paul doesn't seem to me the kind of guy to do things by accident. AND she was born in December Just so happens to be the release month Hill House. The
    plot thickens.
    Paul is probably reading this thinking "man, these people really are crazy."

Country
    Country Flag

Paul?
    You asked for it...

I keep trying to post a video of Eric Clapton's Crossroads but the video won't load.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    That's exactly how I read it, too. (And I'm still excited!)
    Yes, exactly. That is all I meant... ;-)

The Haunting of Hill House lettered sold out in 2 hours, and the numbered in 4 days. It's funny what the perception is with regard to "sell out's". Sometimes if a book doesn't sell in a matter of minutes, it's perceived as a slow seller. Any book that sells in days, or even weeks, let alone minutes is impressive to me, no matter who the publisher is.

Paul?
    That is amazing Brian! What a coincidence.

Country
    Country Flag

I got you Brian. Like I said, I am just happy I was able to get this book and others to follow.
    Your observation on the pub date is interesting. Paul doesn't seem to me the kind of guy to do things by accident. AND she was born in December Just so happens to be the release month Hill House. The plot thickens.

Paul is probably reading this thinking "man, these people really are crazy."
    If I was to list my copy of THOHH, I would ask at least 150% of issue price. (Not going to happen though.)

I bet it would sell for that in a heartbeat.

I bet that Paul is thinking, "These are my kind of people."

Country
    Country Flag

Paul?
    You asked for it...

http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...tLhPeLB9bA</a>
    The link may be bad, Brian. It's not pulling up for me.

Country
    Country Flag

I bet that Paul is thinking, "These are my kind of people."
    100%

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    The Haunting of Hill House lettered sold out in 2 hours, and the numbered in 4 days. It's funny what the perception is with regard to "sell out's". Sometimes if a book doesn't sell in a matter of minutes, it's perceived as a slow seller. Any book that sells in days, or even weeks, let alone minutes is impressive to me, no matter who the publisher is.
    And CD's edition of IT didn't sell out for weeks after it was announced (I believe) and people are paying a lot more for it now on the secondary market. How long it takes to sell out doesn't necessarily correlate to value.

But it all depends on expectation. I thought your Hill house would sell out faster just based on the buzz generated by Misery. Going into it I didn't think I'd have a shot at the numbered. So when it was available 4 days later I was stunned. And I considered buying another copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 644 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 ... LastLast