Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 645 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 510 ... LastLast

Thread: Suntup Editions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    How many of each?
    Will John (Jhanic) get one? :p I wonder if he will add those to the list as it's technically not a book by King
    I hadn't planned on adding them to the list because they are not a King book. What's the general feeling?

John
    i would
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    How many of each?
    Will John (Jhanic) get one? :p I wonder if he will add those to the list as it's technically not a book by King
    I hadn't planned on adding them to the list because they are not a King book. What's the general feeling?

John
    I would agree with you.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

There are 15 of each. The Lettered proof is signed by Palladini.
    How many of each?
    I love Paul's books and portfolio, and of course I'm a huge Proofs/ARCs fan, but I was all set to argue AGAINST adding the proofs to the list. Why? Because technically, while they are publications by King, they're not actually published BY King. After all, if we do it once, where would we draw the line? Then I said to myself, "Self, check the catalog before mouthing off" (always sage advice). So I pop open the Manuscripts, Proofs and ARCs section, and what is the VERY FIRST listing?

Fear Itself. Not by King. Hmmmm.

We seem to have a precedence.

A little more checking also shows Night Visions 5 and The Killer Inside Me.

Hmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I am going to play Devil's Advocate here (As much as "I LOVE" Paul's Eyes of the Dragon art portfolio proofs they DO NOT belong in the King Manuscripts, Proofs & ARC section with their own listing as they contain no written words by Mr. King. As for George at C-Springs argument FOR...His examples Do Not Hold Water.
    #1 Fear Itself contains the foreward "ON BEING A BRAND NAME" written by King.

#2 Night Visions 5 has 3 stories written by King The Reploids, Sneakers & Dedication.

#3 The Killer Inside Me has Kings introduction WARNING! WARNING! Hitch-hikers May Be Escaped LUNATICS!

WITH NO WRITTEN WORDS BY MR. KING THEY ARE NOT A KING PROOF.IMHO
    But I also see no reason why they can't be added to the Discussion section of TEOTD proof post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    King did write the title. (well except for the words "art" and "portfolio" )
    King's title for this book was "THE NAPKINS" so was it King or the publisher that changed the title to The Eyes of the Dragon?

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As for George at C-Springs argument FOR...His examples Do Not Hold Water.
    Hold on now, I didn't say I was arguing FOR inclusion (hence the Hmmmmmmmmms). What I pointed out was that a precedence has already been set for inclusion of non-King publications by the three books already listed.

Also, your use of foreward versus foreword automatically gets you flamed ... pet peeve!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My two cents: when I created the proofs catalog the intention was to keep it limited to King's novels and collections (just like John's master list in the Proofs thread). But in all fairness, I don't think this was explicitly stated anywhere.

Anyway, others are maintaining the proofs catalog now so I'll let them decide

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

No horse in this race, but there is an Artist's Proof of The Waste Lands Portfolio published by Grant, and that's not listed in the Proofs section.

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    As for George at C-Springs argument FOR...His examples Do Not Hold Water.
    Hold on now, I didn't say I was arguing FOR inclusion (hence the Hmmmmmmmmms). What I pointed out was that a precedence has already been set for inclusion of non-King publications by the three books already listed.

Also, your use of foreward versus foreword automatically gets you flamed ... pet peeve!
    THANK YOU! FIXED.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe there should be a separate section for official portfolios? Of course would need to determine what makes a portfolio official, but something like it was paired with the book when sold (e.g., CD double day years) or the artist is involved (Suntup EOTD).

Just an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Suntup Editions Exclusive: As a bonus addition to The Eyes of the Dragon Limited Edition Portfolios featuring the artwork of David Palladini, Suntup Editions in collaboration with Mark Strong of Meibohm Fine Arts, Inc., is proud to announce the inclusion of a separate biographical book to both editions of the art portfolios.

The concise biography was written as a ‘fan tribute’ to the artist by Mark Strong, from almost nine years of compiled information about David Palladini’s personal life and career as an artist up to the present-day. The introduction, written by Mark, speaks of the serendipitous beginning of their friendship in 2008 with a simple phone call from David, which became his sole inspiration for writing the biography. The book, aptly titled Palladini, will include a 70-page biography, as well as over 60 full-color reproductions of artwork by David Palladini, including some of his best-known illustrations and never-before-published fine art. The perfect addition to the portfolios for Stephen King collectors and Palladini fans alike. Included free with all Portfolio orders.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

BONUS!!! Thanks Paul
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love bonus items. That's wonderful.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just awesome!

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Paul.

Please match my letter

Will they be Signed by Mr. Strong?
    At least the lettered.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Very Cool Paul! Thanks!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's an awesome addition! Very excited to (very carefully) read it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Looks interesting.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

What a day! I'm busy with something you're going to love. Working day and night... more later.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm pleased that you all like this new bonus we're including. I discovered this bio, which has never been in print, and felt it was the perfect opportunity to take a look at David's life and art outside of EOTD. Also to give Mark Strong the attention he deserves. He spent a long time painstakingly researching this. It has been fully updated and expanded for this print edition. Adding the book has been a lot of extra work, but I'm really pleased it is being done.

What's really nice is that I discovered some artwork of David's that has never been published, so I'm including some of those here for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    At least the lettered.
    I never thought of this. I don't see it being an issue on the Lettered edition as there aren't that many to sign. I can also see if he would be willing to sign the books for the Numbered as well.

BTW, this started out as a 32 page booklet. Now it's 70 pages.

It just keeps getting BETTER & BETTER!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SWEET PAUL!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What's really nice is that I discovered some artwork of David's that has never been published, so I'm including some of those here for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

At least the lettered.
    I never thought of this. I don't see it being an issue on the Lettered edition as there aren't that many to sign. I can also see if he would be willing to sign the books for the Numbered as well.

BTW, this started out as a 32 page booklet. Now it's 70 pages.
    If I were a Project Manager, I'd probably throw out a warning about Scope Creep ... luckily you're the PM!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Something else coming down the pipeline eh? At this point, I should probably just set up a payroll deduction.. Very much looking forward to whatever it is

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 645 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 510 ... LastLast