Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 350 of 644 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 348 349 350 351 352 360 400 450 ... LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I wii keep this brief as it is the Suntup thread.
    Kris, I am confused, you are selling a full set (minus Carrie) of the PS Publishing lettered books. They are priced at $21,500. You are then purchasing a full lettered set. So obviously you are not averse to this set of books.
    Further to this, neither is King it appears.
    Alex,
    I am confused too, do you actually think the PS Lettereds are worth the price in craftsmanship, creativity, quality etc....compared to other lettereds like Misery, Salem's Lot, Regulators, Skeleton Crew etc..????
    If I slap a King signature page on a book and call it "A" does that automatically make it worth $3000+?? Sadly, I guess it does, people will buy it.
    I love limited books but I think as collectors we should hold the publishers accountable to produce a quality product.
    I wish I understood why Mr. King signed what he does, he chose to sign the PS editions probably to help them make money. That is the only reason they sell for what they do.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will not argue with the fact of being a completist and a successful one at that.
    On the issue of the two book set I agree people might be divided. However to remain as a matching set (one book for each novel) I believe that PS Publishing would have had to produce a text block of nearly 950 millimetres wide. Some of their books do come up large, Skeleton Crew for instance and the expected Tommyknockers. Thereby I believe the idea of splitting the book makes sense, a text block of that width is going to drop alarmingly.
    Let us not lose sight of the fact that without PS we may never have seen this book published as a signed lettered.
    We have a beauty of a Stand as a signed lettered although it is the same as the numbered but it is a beauty none the less. I guess I can understand it is a different idea to do the two books although I am not a fan.. wouldn't it be cool though to see a vial with the hazard sign or what not on it... inset in the book or case somehow? I mean.. something to set it apart. I think that would be cool. I do wish that Paul was getting the amount of books signed that Pete is... I just feel more "love" would shine through my man. That was all I was saying.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I just feel more "love" would shine through my man. That was all I was saying.
    No doubt! That's why I made the comment I did about The Shining earlier in this thread. I don't care how many others have done a book, I'll always want to see what Paul would bring to life. Not only is there more quality in the materials, there's more attention to the details and more heart to the concept. More honor to the work. You'll always get more than what you paid because no one cares about the work more than Paul.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I don't care how many others have done a book, I'll always want to see what Paul would bring to life. Not only is there more quality in the materials, there's more attention to the details and more heart to the concept. More honor to the work. You'll always get more than what you paid because no one cares about the work more than Paul.
    He's done so well with everything so far - each book could be the landmark accomplishment of a lesser publisher - that it's impossible to feel any other way.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

So basically, in Paul we trust.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Precisely.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Hey Paul, out of all the cool
    Books listed on this thread... can you say if one is secured for a Suntup production? Not which one... just tell us IF ONE is happening?
    A quick scan and I see THREE that are happening.

As for the Watterson debate, there is only one way to settle that. The dice have been rolled.
    Revisiting this, out of selfish curiosity. Did anything ever come of this, or deafening silence like so many others who have tried to bridge the C&H gap?
    Yes, deafening silence would be accurate. I have explored a couple avenues with this, but more time is required. I am still pursuing it when time permits.

Country
    Country Flag

Books listed on this thread... can you say if one is secured for a Suntup production? Not which one... just tell us IF ONE is happening?

As for the Watterson debate, there is only one way to settle that. The dice have been rolled.
    Revisiting this, out of selfish curiosity. Did anything ever come of this, or deafening silence like so many others who have tried to bridge the C&H gap?
    What post number was this from? I was looking for the list of titles that people were asking for and couldn't locate it

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Yes, deafening silence would be accurate. I have explored a couple avenues with this, but more time is required. I am still pursuing it when time permits.
    Maybe offer to publish a book featuring his post C&H landscape paintings to soften him up!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Kris and Sentinel,
    Your comment ‘Slap a King signature on a book and label it A..........’ could not be closer to the truth. Probably whatever the dollars it will sell.
    I suppose that is one of the many facets of collecting.
    PS Publishing will sell out on this particular production, as I believe they have done throughout the series. Personally I will be delighted to own one.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kris and Sentinel,
    Your comment ‘Slap a King signature on a book and label it A..........’ could not be closer to the truth. Probably whatever the dollars it will sell.
    PS Publishing will sell out on this particular production, as I believe they have done throughout the series. Personally I will be delighted to own one.
    I never said anything about slapping a signature on any book. I simply meant for that price it would be nice to see more “love” instilled into the book. Two books/cases doesn’t do that for me my friend. I’m sure they will sell out and yes I will get one regardless, However my excitement at this stage isn’t overwhelming. Let us see how it looks when finished. I think there is so many things PS could do with the Stand and by goodness I hope that they do something a little extra for the passionate buyers at that price

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Lots of good comments, quips, and food for thought the past few pages, but what hasn’t been said in a while is that I’m still holding out for ISLAND OF DOCTOR MOREAU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Hear, hear! Are you even considering thinking about giving it some thought, Paul?
    Okay jeez, I'll do it! Are you happy now!?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

OMG!!! Paul considering giving The Island of Dr. Moreau some thought CONFIRMED!

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    OMG!!! Paul considering giving The Island of Dr. Moreau some thought CONFIRMED!

HBJ
    Yes!!! That’s awesome!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I'm in. I just want great books!.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Lots of good comments, quips, and food for thought the past few pages, but what hasn’t been said in a while is that I’m still holding out for ISLAND OF DOCTOR MOREAU.
    Hear, hear! Are you even considering thinking about giving it some thought, Paul?
    YES! Very happy now! Thank you, Paul! This is going to be the best and only H.G. Wells set anyone (me) will ever want or need!

A few extra exclamation points I’ve been saving up: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, good to hear. So yes, we will do this book. It's a ways off, but will start the process. A funny coincidence happened today. I was about to hire an artist for an upcoming book, and before we got the contract started, he emails to say that he feels he might be better suited for a book like The Island of Doctor Moreau! Whether that ends up happening or not, I thought it was surely a sign.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Kris and Sentinel,
    I said the line "Slap a King signature on a book..." and we will just have to disagree.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, good to hear. So yes, we will do this book. It's a ways off, but will start the process. A funny coincidence happened today. I was about to hire an artist for an upcoming book, and before we got the contract started, he emails to say that he feels he might be better suited for a book like The Island of Doctor Moreau! Whether that ends up happening or not, I thought it was surely a sign.
    Fantastic news!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Oh, wow! That's really cool. The fourth book in the Wells Suntup trilogy!

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have my H.G set on order but if Island was printed today it would be the fourth H.G. book of 13 titles released by Suntup. Little much isn't it?
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Yippee!

It's good to know you'll give in to peer pressure if we just nag enough. So about Different Seasons...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    I have my H.G set on order but if Island was printed today it would be the fourth H.G. book of 13 titles released by Suntup. Little much isn't it?
    which just goes to show, "you cant please all the people, all the time"
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Your kidding right?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 350 of 644 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 348 349 350 351 352 360 400 450 ... LastLast