Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 644 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 16092

Thread: Suntup Editions

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Becca! I'm sure I saw them when everyone was showing off their Miserys but had forgotten.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    I’m getting such a Billy Mays vibe from Paul today. I’d say we’re about two more successful launches away from him posting videos of him running over one of his packages with a 58 Plymouth Fury and then opening the package to show zero damage being done to the book inside

“But wait, there’s more!”

As always, thanks for prioritizing customer satisfaction sir
    Good one, but so not my style! I'm probably the worst salesman out there. I focus my efforts on producing a product that sells itself. I do like the idea though of driving over one of the boxes in a Fury.

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I’m getting such a Billy Mays vibe from Paul today. I’d say we’re about two more successful launches away from him posting videos of him running over one of his packages with a 58 Plymouth Fury and then opening the package to show zero damage being done to the book inside

Good one, but so not my style! I'm probably the worst salesman out there. I focus my efforts on producing a product that sells itself. I do like the idea though of driving over one of the boxes in a Fury.
    What I really like is you seem to get "it" when it comes to the buying experience. There's so many parts that can enhance it and while not always tangible can't be denied.
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post

What I really like is you seem to get "it" when it comes to the buying experience. There's so many parts that can enhance it and while not always tangible can't be denied.
    Paul was a collector first. Before a publisher....... he does this more out of love THAN anyone else before him... and there in lies the difference.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post

Paul was a collector first. Before a publisher....... he does this more out of love THAN anyone else before him... and there in lies the difference.
    I enjoy showing someone the pictures of the upcoming Rosemary's baby...and then explain it started from someone doing the Dragon Rebound projects where it was something born out of creative love of books. Unparalleled story of origination for me so far on publishers...I am sure I don't know all the details of the story, but that's the interpretation I get.
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

....he does this more out of love THAN anyone else before him...
    Sure I do it out of love, but also for the women and the fast cars.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

and speedy rewards points.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Respectfully disagree as you’re a great salesmen - the teaser vids and your transparency with production are like collector catnip. In all seriousness I’d put your products inside a Venn diagram that includes the sheen and mystique of (pre-Cook) Apple products, the simple and straight forward mastery of Seinfeld’s stand up writing structure, (set-up, punchline, tag...no unnecessary fluff) and the philosophy of Bruce Lee that stems from practicing one thing 10,000 times instead of trying to master 10,000 things

And of course packaging akin to those old ziploc commercials where the tiger couldn’t figure out what was inside the bag bc it was so well protected

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't use a Plymouth Fury, use Sir Boomes Pontiac Fiero.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Respectfully disagree as you’re a great salesmen - the teaser vids and your transparency with production are like collector catnip. In all seriousness I’d put your products inside a Venn diagram that includes the sheen and mystique of (pre-Cook) Apple products, the simple and straight forward mastery of Seinfeld’s stand up writing structure, (set-up, punchline, tag...no unnecessary fluff) and the philosophy of Bruce Lee that stems from practicing one thing 10,000 times instead of trying to master 10,000 things

And of course packaging akin to those old ziploc commercials where the tiger couldn’t figure out what was inside the bag bc it was so well protected
    Well...... since you put it that way. Sure, I can be Bruce Lee! And Jobs has always been an inspiration to me. In several ways, I find myself channelling his core philosophies.

Spoiler:
    I will admit that I had to look up Venn diagram...

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It’s a lot of extra work and also an expense, but for now that is the plan. It started with the rebound IT. And I implemented it in Suntup from Misery. Not all books will have the printed ‘mailer’ though. For me the foam serves two purposes. Protection during shipment and that of presentation, which enhances the experience.
    Exciting stuff
    Looking forward to posts about how you do The Road lettered packaging...
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

+1

Excellently put.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Looks like I be spending another half hour to undue all the tape and clean up the popcorn. But it will be worth it.
    There is no popcorn and the only box that has tape is the shipping box. I’ve moved away from peanuts and use the foam inserts. It’s a good amount of extra prep-work (they need to be designed and die cut to fit not only the book but also a standard size shipping box), but I prefer this method for several reasons.
    OK. Packing foam works for me. Sorry it's more work for you though. Can't wait to get that shipping notice.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I will admit that I had to look up Venn diagram...
    Spoiler:
    It's just a bunch of circles.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul, how are the bassinets coming along for the lettered RB? Any behind the scenes coolness to share? I only ask because I think it’s cool as hell and I’m itchy to see it in person
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

....he does this more out of love THAN anyone else before him...
    Sure I do it out of love, but also for the women and the fast cars.
    +1
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Paul, how are the bassinets coming along for the lettered RB? Any behind the scenes coolness to share? I only ask because I think it’s cool as hell and I’m itchy to see it in person
    This one is coming along well. It's clearly a complex box, so we started out by making a prototype which is pictured below. After carefully reviewing this, I came up with a list of 8-10 items that needed to be tweaked or modified. We had to make some dummy books in order to size the inner cradle correctly, and we refined the swivel mechanism as well as the way the lid is attached to the outer box. Anyway, now that all of the refinements are clear, we are in the process of making the boxes for the run. It is shaping up to be a real beauty.

Spoiler:

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds and looks great. I picked up a nice 1st of RB recently, which made me start thinking about this edition, lettered and numbered. I’m looking forward to them all getting together Thanks for the sneak peek.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds and looks great. I picked up a nice 1st of RB recently, which made me start thinking about this edition, lettered and numbered. I’m looking forward to them all getting together Thanks for the sneak peek.
    No problem. The books are moving along. All three editions. Still planning on shipping this some time after Horns.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it is cool that you grab fine 1st's of the books Paul puts out. I know another chap doing that to... makes me want to!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous! As expected. And I could use a Suntup Edition right about now. Just what the doc ordered.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That bassinet looks really cool Paul. Impressive all the way around.

Country
    Country Flag

Paul could we ask roughly when that beauty of a baby “no pun intended “ will land to our door steps?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 644 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 ... LastLast