Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 644 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 320 370 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 16096

Thread: Suntup Editions

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I’m the opposite: one edition per book.

When I bought Amaranthine Books’ Scholomance Edition of Dracula, the Centipede Press version had to go (as Lotuz knows ). That’s why I hope Paul never does Dracula.

For one, there are many fine press editions of it. I can name eleven off the top of my head. For two, I have a lot of money invested in the AB edition and I don’t want to “have to” get rid of it again.

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I’m the opposite: one edition per book.

When I bought Amaranthine Books’ Scholomance Edition of Dracula, the Centipede Press version had to go (as Lotuz knows ). That’s why I hope Paul never does Dracula.

For one, there are many fine press editions of it. I can name eleven off the top of my head. For two, I have a lot of money invested in the AB edition and I don’t want to “have to” get rid of it again.
    You don't happen to have a spare Centipede Press Dracula do you?
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

No, sorry. Lotuz had expressed interest when I posted my pictures in the CP thread, so when AB announced theirs and I wanted to make a quick sale, I went to him first.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Lol man dude your good at these. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, of the 61 views I've had so far, there's at least one person who disagrees with you. But thank you!
    Obviously they were that one person who was offended when you said 'guys'.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Wow - so many vampire books out there... very curious what this could be! I don't get if there's a significance to the two red lines, that might be the only clue as to which particular book it could be, but that reference (if it is one) is over my head.

My hopes are 'Salem's Lot (highly unlikely), Lost Souls (Poppy Z. Brite is long overdue for an ultra-fancy edition), or I Am Legend (a favorite of mine, and also due an ultra-fancy edition).

Anne Rice is an obvious choice, and I would hesitate to say Dracula just because it has lots of fine editions because it's in the public domain, but I'd still be interested to see Paul's take on it. Let the Right One In was big and well-received, and would be another good one to draw more new customers into the Suntup fold.

There are just so, so many options...

Also, what an awesome way to tease it! Feels like a special treat for everyone who enjoys Jeff's videos, and an extra special treat to the man himself! Very, very cool.
    Let the Right One In would be cool.

Just out of legitimate curiosity, why do you hope for Salem's Lot?

I love the book and we all agree Suntup could make a fantastic version, but...why?
    We already have 2 editions from Centipede Press, 3 from Cemetery Dance and 1 from PS publishing(not sure if they did a lettered too).

6 limited editions of one book, 4 in the last few years, already seems like overkill to me. (Maybe that's why I barely collect anymore).
    PS did a Lettered variant and it was different from the limited in that it's a single volume rather than three.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Dan Simmons Maybe? That be awesome!
    Are you thinking Children of the Night, Kris? Or Carrion Comfort? Either would be pretty great.
    I was talking to Nick and he thought Children of the Night and after reading up on it... I think it could be. It is one I have not read though. I also was hopeful for Wayward Pines but I don’t think they are vamps... so not sure. I still need to read Carrion too.. is that a good read brother?

Carrion Comfort is a fine read. A bit on the long side, but epic and has quite an original premise, I think. It’s a vampire novel of a different kind.

Children of the Night is a more conventional vampire novel, but still with an interesting twist. Second-tier Simmons, I would say, but still worth your time.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

great video Jeff! Perhaps it's a reference to Needful Things and it's the piece from Noah's boat? That would be cewl

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    great video Jeff! Perhaps it's a reference to Needful Things and it's the piece from Noah's boat? That would be cewl
    Seems to be too small to be a wooden stake. I think the Needful Things guess is a pretty good one. Crossing my fingers.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Seems to be too small to be a wooden stake. I think the Needful Things guess is a pretty good one. Crossing my fingers.
    On the king Facebook group they are convinced it’s needful things. Haha

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

If it is, that would be incredible. Looking forward to the announcement, regardless. I hope it’s an edition available to numbered edition holders.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    On the king Facebook group they are convinced it’s needful things. Haha

I don't think so.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Us non-King trackers will be sweating bullets if it is a King release.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Can’t see it being Needful Things unfortunately.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

"...the splinter labelled Petrified Wood From The Holy Land caught her attention at once, and she did not object when Mr. Gaunt took it from its case and dropped it in her hand."

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

...I do see the edition that Centipede Press did as a "definitive version", as in "a unique and interesting treatment and if the book never got another S/L I would be happy with this one."
    However, I'm just totally enamored with a good small-press treatment of books I love, and Suntup is right on the forefront of that. So to me it matters less that there have been 1 or 5 or 10 prior versions of the book, and more that it is a book I like and that I think Paul could provide a worthy take on.
    Agree 100%. That said I can't see Paul wasting a proposal "bullet" pitching 'Salem's Lot when there are so many other deserving SK titles available.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    "...the splinter labelled Petrified Wood From The Holy Land caught her attention at once, and she did not object when Mr. Gaunt took it from its case and dropped it in her hand."
    My guess is that Paul is making us guess vampire. And maybe this book has nothing to do with vampires. I’d be over the moon if it were Needful Things. But based on that passage I doubt this is it. There’s blood on this piece of wood. It’s been plunged into something that bleeds.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My guess is that Paul is making us guess vampire. And maybe this book has nothing to do with vampires. I’d be over the moon if it were Needful Things. But based on that passage I doubt this is it. There’s blood on this piece of wood. It’s been plunged into something that bleeds.

Damn, would of loved Needful Things. Guess that means it's the Twilight saga

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Lol man dude your good at these. Lol

Well, of the 61 views I've had so far, there's at least one person who disagrees with you. But thank you!
    Obviously they were that one person who was offended when you said 'guys'.
    Must be it!

..based on that passage I doubt this is it. There’s blood on this piece of wood. It’s been plunged into something that bleeds.
    Agreed. I thought for sure that Sally Ratcliffe stabbed her rival, Judy Libby, in the eye with the splinter and scoured the book looking for the reference but it was nowhere to be found. Clearly I misremembered.

Country
    Country Flag

..based on that passage I doubt this is it. There’s blood on this piece of wood. It’s been plunged into something that bleeds.
    Agreed. I thought for sure that Sally Ratcliffe stabbed her rival, Judy Libby, in the eye with the splinter and scoured the book looking for the reference but it was nowhere to be found. Clearly I misremembered.
    I haven't read that once since it was first published. All I remember is the name Leland Gaunt and a plump woman's sex fantasy about Elvis(?) And basically the whole town implodes much like Haven.

I haven't read that once since it was first published. All I remember is the name Leland Gaunt and a plump woman's sex fantasy about Elvis(?) And basically the whole town implodes much like Haven.
    The way SK portrays the town reminds me of 'Salem's Lot but on a grander scale. It's a good story and there are a lot of creative design opportunities that Paul could incorporate. Needful Things has the potential to be a unique and entertaining limited edition.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - so many vampire books out there... very curious what this could be! I don't get if there's a significance to the two red lines, that might be the only clue as to which particular book it could be, but that reference (if it is one) is over my head.

My hopes are 'Salem's Lot (highly unlikely), Lost Souls (Poppy Z. Brite is long overdue for an ultra-fancy edition), or I Am Legend (a favorite of mine, and also due an ultra-fancy edition).

Anne Rice is an obvious choice, and I would hesitate to say Dracula just because it has lots of fine editions because it's in the public domain, but I'd still be interested to see Paul's take on it. Let the Right One In was big and well-received, and would be another good one to draw more new customers into the Suntup fold.

There are just so, so many options...

Also, what an awesome way to tease it! Feels like a special treat for everyone who enjoys Jeff's videos, and an extra special treat to the man himself! Very, very cool.
    I'd love to see Let the Right One In get a limited edition release.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Ordered!
    Hehe

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Ordered as well!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 644 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260 268 269 270 271 272 280 320 370 ... LastLast