Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 644 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 16092

Thread: Suntup Editions

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerPhan0826 View Post
    Agreed - I also think Fight Club would really benefit from the Suntup treatment
    I hope you recommended that book when Paul took his poll. Because I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Are you comfortable with the irony of owning a super duper high end deluxe limited edition of that particular book?
    **in a sheepish tone** But yeah, a superfine edition of that book goes against the point of the book. So it's not really honest. But I'm not being honest. I'm being selfish. Maybe a different Palahniuk book? Or AMERICAN PSYCHO? Don't care. whatever Paul does, I'll want and try to buy. Unless it's a Bentley Little book.

Are you comfortable with the irony of owning a super duper high end deluxe limited edition of that particular book?
    I understand and embrace the irony!

Same here. Put me on the waiting list! But we probably shouldn’t talk about it.
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Pretty interesting development. I really liked fight club a lot. In fact, it is probably due for another viewing. I am unfamiliar with him (the author), but I am still very excited to get this book.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct. The first rule of talking about what books we have planned is you don't talk about what books we have planned. BUT, if hypothetically I were to do an edition of Fight Club, I will smack myself in the face sixteen times with each of the Lettered editions, thereby creating a unique one-of-a-kind marbled blood spatter across the covers of every copy. Letter designations will be engraved on 26 of my teeth which will be inset into the back cover.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Hi Paul, I just read your update on RB. Can you disclose why Peele pulled out?
    I can't disclose details, but all I can say is, some marriages just weren't made in heaven. I'm very pleased with the outcome though; having Chuck on board. Onward and upward.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Correct. The first rule of talking about what books we have planned is you don't talk about what books we have planned. BUT, if hypothetically I were to do an edition of Fight Club, I will smack myself in the face sixteen times with each of the Lettered editions, thereby creating a unique one-of-a-kind marbled blood spatter across the covers of every copy. Letter designations will be engraved on 26 of my teeth which will be inset into the back cover.
    That is amazing. I never in a million years would have guessed that this would have been your response. I’m dead over here. Holy shit that’s hilarious. I just thought you’d have soap in a paperweight. Or maybe a credit card made out to Tyler durden with the limitation number on it.

But a Suntup blood splatter with authentic Suntup teeth. Genius!!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I guess I'm missing the point here, but, even though I joke around a lot (probably too much), I never could get into people beating themselves and others up just for kicks. I disliked (greatly) KICK ASS for that very reason, which I found in extraordinarily bad taste. On the other hand, I love the zombie apocalypse movies. I guess it's simply a matter of upbringing, personal taste or something like that. Again, I did not read the book, but I also really disliked AMERICAN PSYCHO the movie. I found MR. & MRS. SMITH to be of the same ilk, even though two of my favorite movie stars were in it. There is just a line in my (admittedly mixed-up) head that some movies cross and others (even extraordinarily violent ones) do not. I wish I could explain it better, but words fail me.

Anyway, that will not by one whit prevent me from enjoying RB when it arrives on my porch, hopefully minus anyone's blood.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

When it comes to Fight Club, I don't think you're necessarily expected to agree with the protagonist's choices.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    When it comes to Fight Club, I don't think you're necessarily expected to agree with the protagonist's choices.
    Great point. I’d still rather Paul didn’t knock his teeth out.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That is amazing. I never in a million years would have guessed that this would have been your response. I’m dead over here. Holy shit that’s hilarious. I just thought you’d have soap in a paperweight. Or maybe a credit card made out to Tyler durden with the limitation number on it.

But a Suntup blood splatter with authentic Suntup teeth. Genius!!!

Never say never. A certain someone has been know to takes suggestions to the extreme
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Having Palahniuk involved just elevated this edition, for me. Sometimes the right marriage is the second one

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, but what if you do. There was a lot of monologue in there that was spot on IMHO. And I am still looking forward to this book, Regardless who signed it.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

**in a sheepish tone** But yeah, a superfine edition of that book goes against the point of the book. So it's not really honest. But I'm not being honest. I'm being selfish. Maybe a different Palahniuk book? Or AMERICAN PSYCHO? Don't care. whatever Paul does, I'll want and try to buy. Unless it's a Bentley Little book.
    Wasnt "American Psycho" written by Bret Easton Ellis?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

It was. I had a really hard time with that book. The gory bits were what I came for, but all the mundane detail in between nearly turned me off it a dozen times. I’m sure I just missed the point of it all.

The movie made me a fan of Hall & Oates, though...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Wasnt "American Psycho" written by Bret Easton Ellis?
    Yeah it is. But American Psycho is often talked about as ushering in some hyper-masculine fiction which Fight Club is part of.

I’ve never read it. But I recently snagged a copy of Ellis’ book Lunar Park at a thrift shop. I guess that one is being made into a movie as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My vote would be for Red Dragon next.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    It was. I had a really hard time with that book. The gory bits were what I came for, but all the mundane detail in between nearly turned me off it a dozen times. I’m sure I just missed the point of it all.

The movie made me a fan of Hall & Oates, though...
    Same here. I quickly skimmed over those parts.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As a fan and collector of Chuck Palahniuk’s writing, I am quite pleased that he will be signing a Suntup production. I sincerely hope that there will be another Suntup Edition to feature his autograph and that it will be one of his own stories.

On a side note, for those unfamiliar, Palahniuk gives the best inscriptions. I really respect that. There’s a thread around here dedicated to collecting his stuff.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope I don't get attacked for this, but I have a question that I was hoping you guys could educate me on. A lot of folks frown on artists signing or doing art in editions other than the ones they have worke on in the past. Why is it that the same is not thought of for authors/celebrities doing the same? Maybe it will help me understand the, Peele signature on RB and this current one. Is it because authors routinely trade blurbs and or forewards in each other books? Or is there some other reason? I'm just trying to understand and educate my self not knock on anything being done now or in the past.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I hope I don't get attacked for this, but I have a question that I was hoping you guys could educate me on. A lot of folks frown on artists signing or doing art in editions other than the ones they have worke on in the past. Why is it that the same is not thought of for authors/celebrities doing the same? Maybe it will help me understand the, Peele signature on RB and this current one. Is it because authors routinely trade blurbs and or forewards in each other books? Or is there some other reason? I'm just trying to understand and educate my self not knock on anything being done now or in the past.
    Excellent question Bill. For me......If an artist did the work on the jacket or in the book, I love to have their work or signature in that book. Same goes for an author doing the story or intro to the book. I welcome that also. However, for me, it's a no go to buy a book where an artist puts in a remarque or drawing and has nothing to do with the book. A good example of this is The Overlook Connection books where Dave has Glenn Chadbourne doing drawings in books that Glenn had nothing to do with. I don't blame Glenn, he's being paid commissions to do this. Believe me, I love Glenn's work, shoot, Glenn was the artist for my published story "Marvin's Retirement". So, again, great question Bill. To each his own. Some like it, some don't. For me.....no.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Excellent question Bill. For me......If an artist did the work on the jacket or in the book, I love to have their work or signature in that book. Same goes for an author doing the story or intro to the book. I welcome that also. However, for me, it's a no go to buy a book where an artist puts in a remarque or drawing and has nothing to do with the book. A good example of this is The Overlook Connection books where Dave has Glenn Chadbourne doing drawings in books that Glenn had nothing to do with. I don't blame Glenn, he's being paid commissions to do this. Believe me, I love Glenn's work, shoot, Glenn was the artist for my published story "Marvin's Retirement". So, again, great question Bill. To each his own. Some like it, some don't. For me.....no.

Mulleins
    Okay, thanks for the response but, with all due respect, you didn't really answer my original question. I understand (though I don't necessarily agree) with collector thinking regarding artists doing work in other folks editions. What I don't quite get is why they generally seem to be alright with authors offering a sig on a book they didn't author or (in Peele's case) are even associated with, Again, I'm not offering an opinion one way or the other. I'm just trying to educate myself as to the thinking. I feel like I'm missing something and as a collector with valuable books I want to be as knowledgeable as the next collector when buying or selling books. As I said I understand that authors trade forewards and "Ad blurbs" about each others work I just don't see why a signature in someone else's work is considered valuable while the same doesn't hold true for an artist doing virtually the same thing. Know what I mean?

EDIT: Maybe its just an individual perspective on the subject? To each hi/her own? I mean, for example, I don't hold to the artist to their own previous work perspective. I enjoy and value an artists take on another one's commissioned work. It sort of let's me be the "author" for that particular edition in that I can choose an artists and/or scene that "I" think would have worked better in the end product. I have several editions where an artist has done a scene from a book that another artist was initially commissioned to do the work. It seems that most collectors frown on that. However, they seem very willing to accept and value another authors signature in a book they did not write. I do get them doing Intro's and forewords in each others work. That is universally accepted and not a part of this question. I was just trying to understand what the thinking is here that's all. I'll just leave it be though and chalk it up to personal preferences.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Bill, I believe the original intent was that Peele would also write an intro. Ditto with Chuck Palahniuk now.

Given that the edition is posthumous, having someone well-known give an introduction to the work, explaining the works significance to them and others, and then including their signature in the edition, seems appropriate. Or not odd, at least
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, I believe the original intent was that Peele would also write an intro. Ditto with Chuck Palahniuk now.

Given that the edition is posthumous, having someone well-known give an introduction to the work, explaining the works significance to them and others, and then including their signature in the edition, seems appropriate. Or not odd, at least

Okay, thanks for the response and education. I appreciate it. Can't hurt that, Paul does such an awesome job with each edition as well.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I misunderstood the question. I thought it was an "in general" with artist and/or authors. I redact. I struck through my response.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 644 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 308 ... LastLast