Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 645 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 16102

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Jesus, Paul. The HORNS AGE is fantastic. I can only imagine how wonderful that numbered will be. AND my RED HORNS!

https://youtu.be/gHXBpJZhY9g
    I think all those remaining AGE’s got sold by that video. “The dragon lord needs to taste that Suntup tape”. Best line in there

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    And imagine if Jeff won the red Horns, think of the unboxing video we'd get.
    It would be ten minutes of him gasping like a beached fish, without ever actually opening the shipping box.

I kid, of course. Great video, Jeff (as always). I subscribed to your channel, for whatever that’s worth.

You did an excellent job of articulating what makes Suntup so great. Production quality aside (which is second to none, of course), it’s the whole experience that makes this such a thrilling journey. The announcements of an upcoming announcement, the teaser video, the reveal, the little goodies thrown in with every pre-order, the production updates (which often boil down to “Hey, I was not entirely happy with this aspect of the book, so I made it more awesome at my own expense.”), the obvious care that goes into the packaging - hell, even the website looks better than that of any other press I can think of (Amaranthine Books is perhaps on the same level). It really makes me feel giddy with excitement, like a child on Christmas Eve. Perhaps you should change the name of your press to Santa Editions?

Okay, rant over!

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm grateful to be on the Suntup non-King Lettered train (too late to the party to secure a Lettered Misery). Every bit of Suntup production receives careful attention and the love shines through. Unboxed Horns yesterday and just holding the book in my hands it was all I could do not to sit down and start reading cover-to-cover that instant. The highest quality books are magnets into the stories they contain. Love the wooden box, it's not a silly gimmick -- it's sturdy and the door works perfectly. Paul cares for every detail. Is it awkward of me to admit even the inner cardboard box that protected the book-box, which has a printed forest on its interior, I'll be saving and repurposing since it's just too nice to toss out?
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Great unboxing vid, Jeff. I'm still waiting for my AGE, and now I'm super excited to get it.

Thanks! And thanks for subscribing.

I've already been very fortunate with my Suntup experiences. The absolutely amazing act of mind-blowing generosity that allowed me to keep my number 23 for Rosemary's Baby and the non-King track. I don't need to win another thing. But I will be happy to unbox it for whoever does win!

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

Great vid, man. Yep it looks great
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Miau View Post

I always watch your videos Jeff, I congratulate you for your great unboxing!
    Thank you! It's always more fun to do with a Suntup.

I think Paul might get that last line out on a shirt.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Jesus, Paul. The HORNS AGE is fantastic. I can only imagine how wonderful that numbered will be. AND my RED HORNS!

https://youtu.be/gHXBpJZhY9g
    I think all those remaining AGE’s got sold by that video. “The dragon lord needs to taste that Suntup tape”. Best line in there
    Oh man, i had to check--but there are still AGEs remaining. Nothing would have made me happier than helping Paul move the last 7! But I think I may have helped sell one! I should get a job in marketing.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    It would be ten minutes of him gasping like a beached fish, without ever actually opening the shipping box.

I kid, of course. Great video, Jeff (as always). I subscribed to your channel, for whatever that’s worth.

You did an excellent job of articulating what makes Suntup so great. Production quality aside (which is second to none, of course), it’s the whole experience that makes this such a thrilling journey. The announcements of an upcoming announcement, the teaser video, the reveal, the little goodies thrown in with every pre-order, the production updates (which often boil down to “Hey, I was not entirely happy with this aspect of the book, so I made it more awesome at my own expense.”), the obvious care that goes into the packaging - hell, even the website looks better than that of any other press I can think of (Amaranthine Books is perhaps on the same level). It really makes me feel giddy with excitement, like a child on Christmas Eve. Perhaps you should change the name of your press to Santa Editions?

Okay, rant over!
    Oh you hit on some very important points I didn't make in this video, but I did make in one of the other two Suntup unboxings--the little goodies thrown in and the constant attention and upgrades to production quality/materials. Yeah unless I script these things out (which I should) I don't remember half of what I want to say.

And Santa Editions is gold!

Country
    Country Flag

ANOTHER thing I'd like to add: I love how Paul holds back on showing everything on the product page. For example, I had no idea what the boards on the AGEs of MISERY or HORNS looked like until the book was released into the wild. That's a very cool thing! Same thing with the AGE of Rosemary's Baby. I have no idea what the boards will look like or the slipcase for that matter. The result when you open the box is like a reintroduction--it makes the book feel new even though you've been looking at photos of it for so long, there's something pretty major to still discover--in addition to the tactile experience of course. I certainly hope Suntup will offer more AGEs in the future because these are in a category all on their own.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Great Vid Jeff. Yea, it looks like a great design of the book. Can't wait to get the numbered. And you right. Brother should be a great production as well.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Great Vid Jeff. Yea, it looks like a great design of the book. Can't wait to get the numbered. And you right. Brother should be a great production as well.
    How many left mike? I came to check the update today but there isn’t any yet brother? Come on man! Like Jeff... you also have a job to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    How many left mike? I came to check the update today but there isn’t any yet brother? Come on man! Like Jeff... you also have a job to do!

As of right now there are 5. Still plenty of Brother numbered books left.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my Artist’s Gift Editions last night. Beautiful production from Suntup as always. Everyone has commented on the quality and attention to detail, including Jeff’s entertaining unboxing video. The slight difference in the front and back boards was another really neat touch, especially on an AGE. Looking forward to receiving and exploring the numbered edition because this easily could have been one.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Enjoyed your video, Jeff. Well done!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don’t expect Brother to sell out as quickly as previous editions. As you know, it’s double the usual run for a Numbered, and I’m okay with them slowly being picked up over a period of time. It means we will have something to sell when a new visitor comes to the site, which for the most part hasn’t really happened with previous books.

As for the Horns AGE, that inventory value is likely inaccurate. I keep some copies back in case there are any damages or issues with shipments, and there may be other instances where it’s not 100% correct, so once all orders have shipped and I do a count, I will update the inventory value so it’s spot on.

I do plan to continue making AGE’s, primarily on editions that are printed letterpress because of the price differential. The letterpress pricing becomes a barrier to entry for many people, so the AGE is the perfect solution for that. I’m always uncertain how they will turn out because the process for designing these books is so different for me, when compared to the limiteds. And the limited books are really my thing. I’m not able to have as much of a hand’s on experience as I do with them but so far I have been very pleased with the results. More importantly, the customers have been too. Horns actually exceeded my expectations. It’s a really nice looking AGE. Everything came together really well on it. RB is looking good too so far. And I... wait I almost gave away the next book. My bad.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

I don’t expect Brother to sell out as quickly as previous editions. As you know, it’s double the usual run for a Numbered, and I’m okay with them slowly being picked up over a period of time. It means we will have something to sell when a new visitor comes to the site, which for the most part hasn’t really happened with previous books.

As for the Horns AGE, that inventory value is likely inaccurate. I keep some copies back in case there are any damages or issues with shipments, and there may be other instances where it’s not 100% correct, so once all orders have shipped and I do a count, I will update the inventory value so it’s spot on.

I do plan to continue making AGE’s, primarily on editions that are printed letterpress because of the price differential. The letterpress pricing becomes a barrier to entry for many people, so the AGE is the perfect solution for that. I’m always uncertain how they will turn out because the process for designing these books is so different for me, when compared to the limiteds. And the limited books are really my thing. I’m not able to have as much of a hand’s on experience as I do with them but so far I have been very pleased with the results. More importantly, the customers have been too. Horns actually exceeded my expectations. It’s a really nice looking AGE. Everything came together really well on it. RB is looking good too so far. And I... wait I almost gave away the next book. My bad.
    Ahhhhhhhh!!

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks for the clarification Paul. All your stuff is top notch. And it is cool that there are more Brother books to give people a chance to get one. It's not a race to see which sells out the quickest. I am just happy to be in a position to get the limited.

Country
    Country Flag

Whatever that next AGE is, just go ahead and put me down for one. You got my info!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

All your stuff is top notch.
    For some reason, when I first read this, I thought it said "top crotch."

I think I need to spend less time online today...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Once again, I have to thank Paul for his great packing. My books arrived yesterday, with a huge hole gouged in the side of the box - the kind of thing you always say, well, that book's going to be ruined.
    A little damage to the packing foam, but the book itself pristine

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I cannot tell you guys enough how freakin good Brother is. Go get a copy today. Read it. And thank Paul for doing a limited. Man l, it’s the fastest I ever read a book.
    I ordered it on Saturday as soon as I saw the announcement and it came this morning. I have done NO DAMN WORK all day but am about halfway through - it's the most riveting book I've read in years.

I like the font change between the "current" chapters and the "flashback" chapters and am super eager to see how the Suntup version deals with this.
    Let us know if that ending BLOWS you away like it did me. It took me 3 days to read this last December... I think it was the fastest I ever read a book. Haha
    WOW. I hit a pivotal scene last night and just couldn't stop reading. There was one aspect of the utterly insane ending that I guessed at, but it was only a part of the whole tour-de-force...

Major spoilers here:

Spoiler:
    The scene that I hit where I knew I was just going to stay up as late as I needed to finish it was Misty's death. You know from the beginning that her life is pretty tenuous and that Claudine could very well kill her, and then when you find out that Claudine killed Lauralynn it seems even more likely, but I was still shocked when the actual scene happened.

The part of the ending that I guess at was that Alice and Michael were related. The scene in the McDonalds where they look into each other's eyes was a little heavy handed: "It was then that he realized that their eyes matched in color almost perfectly." Maybe it's just me, but I see my eyes in the mirror every day and if someone had the same color as mine I'm not sure I'd notice. Maybe so! But anyway that was some clear foreshadowing that they were related. Siblings was still a bit of a surprise, and DEFINITELY the whole rest of the crazy plan that Rebel pulled off was a total mind-fuck.

I like the bit of ambiguity at the end, too...

But holy shit that book was crazy and intense!

Country
    Country Flag

I avoided your spoiler, but your post has me wondering if I should just get a reading copy NOW? Or should I wait to experience Brother for the first time in Suntup HD?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    This is really thoughtful. I can't imagine how many people came to the site a day/week/month too late for any of the previous releases and left empty-handed when they realized that all the limited editions of all the books were sold out. To have a really beautiful book available to buy, and at a lower price point, is very nice for a prospective new customer/collector. It makes it that much more likely that they'll sign up for the newsletter and pay attention to the new releases and eventually score an even-more-limited title... From that perspective, it makes sense to have at least one limited title available as much as possible, and I think doing the occasional 500-copy print run is a great way to make that happen without diluting the very limited nature of the whole enterprise. Awesome example of putting the customer experience first.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I avoided your spoiler, but your post has me wondering if I should just get a reading copy NOW? Or should I wait to experience Brother for the first time in Suntup HD?
    FUCKIN NOW.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Too late. I'm getting it Thursday.

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot tell you guys enough how freakin good Brother is. Go get a copy today. Read it. And thank Paul for doing a limited. Man l, it’s the fastest I ever read a book.
    I ordered it on Saturday as soon as I saw the announcement and it came this morning. I have done NO DAMN WORK all day but am about halfway through - it's the most riveting book I've read in years.

I like the font change between the "current" chapters and the "flashback" chapters and am super eager to see how the Suntup version deals with this.
    Let us know if that ending BLOWS you away like it did me. It took me 3 days to read this last December... I think it was the fastest I ever read a book. Haha
    WOW. I hit a pivotal scene last night and just couldn't stop reading. There was one aspect of the utterly insane ending that I guessed at, but it was only a part of the whole tour-de-force...

Major spoilers here:

Spoiler:
    The scene that I hit where I knew I was just going to stay up as late as I needed to finish it was Misty's death. You know from the beginning that her life is pretty tenuous and that Claudine could very well kill her, and then when you find out that Claudine killed Lauralynn it seems even more likely, but I was still shocked when the actual scene happened.

The part of the ending that I guess at was that Alice and Michael were related. The scene in the McDonalds where they look into each other's eyes was a little heavy handed: "It was then that he realized that their eyes matched in color almost perfectly." Maybe it's just me, but I see my eyes in the mirror every day and if someone had the same color as mine I'm not sure I'd notice. Maybe so! But anyway that was some clear foreshadowing that they were related. Siblings was still a bit of a surprise, and DEFINITELY the whole rest of the crazy plan that Rebel pulled off was a total mind-fuck.

I like the bit of ambiguity at the end, too...

But holy shit that book was crazy and intense!

DO NOT OPEN. READ BOOK 1ST.

Spoiler:
    I did not call that it was his mother he killed... but knew it was something odd. I thought it was his sister (his GF at the time AND NO I did not know that was his sister!!!!) I just didn't know what the fuck was going on and could not stop till i found out. UNREAL EH? Glad someone else has read it. II want to read more by her!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 645 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 ... LastLast