Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 644 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 257 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 16086

Thread: Suntup Editions

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

We can officially confirm that the print run for the Artist Gift Edition of HORNS by Joe Hill will be limited to 1,000 copies. This edition, signed by artist Magdalena Kaczan is currently 80% sold out. If you haven't had a chance to order yet, you can do so here: https://shop.suntup.press/products/h...t-gift-edition
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

There was a brief period of time when I was taking on private commissions for one-off custom bindings of notable 1st Editions. This is one which has been in the works for almost a year, and I had to share it with you. Alec has mentioned this was in the works in his collection thread, and the books just arrived yesterday. Congratulations Alec, it's an absolutely beautiful set.

This is a custom binding of the first five Stephen King novels, originally published by Doubleday. All of these are first US editions and include Stephen King’s signature.

The books are a full leather binding, with gilded board edges and headcaps. All of the gold tooling is done by hand, and the books feature inset silk doublures which showcase the signed bookplate. Endpapers are white silk moiré, and the books are housed in a handmade clamshell box covered in European linen cloth, with a rounded leather spine.

The clamshel boxes with rounded spine, raised bands and hand tooling in gold.

Side view of the case

Side view of the book

Close up showing the details

Headcap

Silk doublure with inset signature bookplate

Board edge gilding

The books removed from the boxes, full leather bindings with hand tooling in gold and raised bands.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OH. MY.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweetness!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very classy bindings. Congratulations to you and to Alec.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow,
    Those look great.

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Incredible work!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, awesome work, a really nice set!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Suntup Press

Just out of sheer curiosity (and an unhealthy sense of materialism), what would something like this set be valued at? I know it’s practically entirely subjective, but ballpark? If this went up for a silent auction, what would you guys start the bidding at?

Beautiful work btw, Paul. And congratulations, Alec.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Just out of sheer curiosity (and an unhealthy sense of materialism), what would something like this set be valued at? I know it’s practically entirely subjective, but ballpark? If this went up for a silent auction, what would you guys start the bidding at?

The workmanship, the old signatures, Suntups name on the work, the fact that they are 1st editions.... My thoughts Adam are well in excess of $10000.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

The workmanship, the old signatures, Suntups name on the work, the fact that they are 1st editions.... My thoughts Adam are well in excess of $10000.
    I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it was.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is Suntup's name actually on/in the books? Or did Paul facilitate having the books bound.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Is Suntup's name actually on/in the books? Or did Paul facilitate having the books bound.
    Paul is Suntup... so I would say either way yes on that question my man.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Paul is Suntup.
    Only when he takes his glasses off. The rest of the time, he's just a mild-mannered Kool Aid salesman.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Paul is Suntup... so I would say either way yes on that question my man.
    I would not have valued them as high if ANYONE else had done them. Since the owner of Suntup Editions did... then you have to. Look at his Rebound prices... on Dragon. Now you have the Doubleday 1/1 set. Killer in my eyes value wise. But I am just guessing as there is no way to peg actual value. Ask yourself, if you had the money... what would you spend.. and that is what I would so...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Paul is Suntup.
    Only when he takes his glasses off. The rest of the time, he's just a mild-mannered Kool Aid salesman.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I created a kickass image of Clark Kent tearing open his shirt to reveal the Suntup S but I can't post it here. I must not have permissions to post a photo that's not linked to a URL.

Photo was kick ass!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    There was a brief period of time when I was taking on private commissions for one-off custom bindings of notable 1st Editions. This is one which has been in the works for almost a year, and I had to share it with you. Alec has mentioned this was in the works in his collection thread, and the books just arrived yesterday. Congratulations Alec, it's an absolutely beautiful set.

This is a custom binding of the first five Stephen King novels, originally published by Doubleday. All of these are first US editions and include Stephen King’s signature.

The books are a full leather binding, with gilded board edges and headcaps. All of the gold tooling is done by hand, and the books feature inset silk doublures which showcase the signed bookplate. Endpapers are white silk moiré, and the books are housed in a handmade clamshell box covered in European linen cloth, with a rounded leather spine.

The clamshel boxes with rounded spine, raised bands and hand tooling in gold.

Side view of the case

Side view of the book

Close up showing the details

Headcap

Silk doublure with inset signature bookplate

Board edge gilding

The books removed from the boxes, full leather bindings with hand tooling in gold and raised bands.

Absolutely incredibly gorgeous production. Well DONE Alec and Paul. Lovely...There is no adjective that accurately sums up the beauty of these. As a collector, I would be so proud to have these on my shelf, but I will have to ADMIRE them from afar. Simply awesome. Congratulations!!

...and I did Reply with Quote because NOBODY should have to scroll up the page to look at these again...(had to add this)

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Paul is Suntup.
    Alec must have gone back for 2nds because that set is righteous!

Congrats, Paul on another great production and to you as the owner Alec!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lovely work! I recognize those book plates!

Truly happy to see them in such special one of a kind editions, absolutely astonishing craftsmanship on that set.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very classy! Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Lolololol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 644 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 257 ... LastLast